It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Symbols and Non Masonic Symbols. Would like Comment from Masons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Okay. The following is the biggest beef I have with some of the usual suspects here.

www.pagrandlodge.org...
photos1.blogger.com...
planetquo.net... (PyramidASE)
freemasonrywatch.org...
www.neaca.com...

I've been an off and on again member of this forum for the last three years. I spent a year just reading posts not even being a member at first.

Now this is what I don't like. The Masons here have pretty much all denied to their last breath that the Pyramid with the All Seeing Eye and the Skull and Cross bones are not masonic symbols.

The closest they have come is to admit that the triangle is a masonic symbol. Many of you I'm sure are familiar with the "Triangle" with the eye inside and the light beams surrounding it.

Well. Now I'm calling out the Masons here to explain themselves because Yes the Pyramid with the All Seeing Eye and the Skull and Crossbones ARE masonic Symbols.

I would like to have an explanation as to why the Masons have all denied these things because taking an Oath on the Death'shead (Skull and Crossbones) used to be the older Masonic Iniation Ritual. Today they make you dress half naked and they put a rope around your neck, bag on your head as if you are a heretic. (Sounds pretty gay to me but everyone is allowed to have their alternate lifestyles)

I see no need why they would have to make up many lies when it comes to this issue because it's the closer secrets you want to guard. These "little" things aren't worth your time to deny and lie about but I find it most interesting that you would. Perhaps there is more going on then they want to admit. It's the overuse and borrowing of Occult Symbols which shows all of us that we should be asking questions about Secret and formerly secret societies such as masonry.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Jotfish]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jotfish

I would like to have an explanation as to why the Masons have all denied these things because taking an Oath on the Death'shead (Skull and Crossbones) used to be the older Masonic Iniation Ritual. Today they make you dress half naked and they put a rope around your neck, bag on your head as if you are a heretic.

I'm not quite sure where you got your information, but it is not an accurate depiction.

No Mason has ever taken an oath on a "deaths head" in a Masonic ceremony. The obligation is always taken on an open holy book, usually the Bible, which contains a square and compass resting upon it. For this reason the Bible, Square, and Compass are knowns as the "Great Lights of Masonry".

This isn't to say that skulls have not been used as symbols, only that at no time has an oath been taken on them in Freemasonry.

The All Seeing Eye is a Masonic symbol. However, in its official use, it is not pictured inside a pyramid or a triangle. No doubt that some Lodges have Eyes in Pyramids for decorations, but such decorations do not constitute official Masonic symbols.

Also, there has never been a legitimate Masonic ceremony in which the candidate has a bag placed over his head. The ceremony of initiation has not substantially changed through the centuries.

Perhaps there is more going on then they want to admit. It's the overuse and borrowing of Occult Symbols which shows all of us that we should be asking questions about Secret and formerly secret societies such as masonry.

Why is that? I have been a student and practioner of occultism for many years, and it was the occult aspect of Masonry that attracted me to it in the first place.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Masonic Light]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jotfish

Now this is what I don't like. The Masons here have pretty much all denied to their last breath that the Pyramid with the All Seeing Eye and the Skull and Cross bones are not masonic symbols.

The eye and the skull and crossbones are used as symbols in masonry. Who is denying that? Though you should know that it has been used by many other groups as well, including Christians. Read all about it.

I would like to have an explanation as to why the Masons have all denied these things...

Why don't you ask the mason who denied it, I don't know any masons that do.

Perhaps there is more going on then they want to admit.

Dang, you know about the Spoon and Fork degree, c'mon admit it. Who blabbed?

It's the overuse and borrowing of Occult Symbols which shows all of us that we should be asking questions about Secret and formerly secret societies such as masonry.

Why?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

: Originally posted by Jotfish

I think we need a little accuracy here. For my own part, I have repetitively pointed out that the pyramid is not a symbol used in masonry. The fact that there is a masonic 'statue' in Israel which incorporates a pyramid doesn't change that. Masonic symbols are items that are moralized upon, and which have a meaning to freemasons. The Triangle represently the triune aspect of the deity, a pyramid doesn't represent anything.

Similarly the skull and crossbones is a well known and well documented symbol used in freemasonry, particularly as a symbol of mortality.

The closest they have come is to admit that the triangle is a masonic symbol.

Your phraseology is disingenuous. To 'admit' something implies that it has previously been denied. No-one has ever denied that the triangle is a symbol used in freemasonry and it has been openly discussed on a number of occasions.

... (snip)... Sounds pretty gay to me ... (snip)...

What on earth does this mean?

I'm afraid you seem to have become a little over-excited by the whole masonic symbolism thing. I would recommend a good book (like this one, for example), settle down with a nice milky coffee and enjoy

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hmm...

It seems that some people on this BBS just LOVE to describe us Masons as being "half-naked" during our initiation ceremony.

Personally, I had a shirt and pants on during mine, which is more than I wear to the beach, but if these guys really WANT to imagine me "half-naked", well... who am I to deny them these harmless daydreams? My missus reckons I'm a pretty sexy dude, too.

*blows own trumpet*

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Here is my two cents....

I see young people today who love rock'n'roll music with some of these symbols on clothing and backpacks. I have also seen many a biker with a skull and crossbones somewhere on them. My local high school has a jolly roger as the mascot. Would you venture to say that all these punk teen kids, rough bikers, and football heros are in on a conspiracy becuase of the symbols they choose to associate with?

My point you ask?

1) Symbols are shared by all peoples, no one has a copyright on the skull and crossbones, so therefore any number of diverse groups could use it. For example look at the swastika, it was used pretty much the world over before Hitler spoiled it.
2)Masonry claims six million members last time I checked. Have you ever been to a city of six million where everybody interpreted things exactly the same. Masonry is as diverse as the peoples who comprise it.

Perhaps you could google a man named Carl Jung...?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Actually, I have a question. the first picture was of George Washington's apron. What is the symbolic signifigance of aprons in Masonry? Why do you wear them?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Actually, I have a question. the first picture was of George Washington's apron. What is the symbolic signifigance of aprons in Masonry? Why do you wear them?

Originally, of course, they were used by the medieval craftmen to keep mortar off of their clothes, and to carry their tools.

In modern Speculative Masonry, they symbolize "purity of life and rectitude of conduct", as the ritual words it. It is the official "badge of a Mason".

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Gotcha. Thanks for the explaination. That makes more sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
It seems that some people on this BBS just LOVE to describe us Masons as being "half-naked" during our initiation ceremony.

"BBS"- dude I haven't heard the name BBS since the early 80's. Man what memories that brings back with my Amiga computer that hooked up to my TV.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewart Lewis

I see young people today who love rock'n'roll music

Hey, some of us old farts still rock too.

My favorite classic rock radio station has a couple of on-air mottoes that demonstrate this fact:

"We used to scare your parents: now we scare your kids!"

"You used to look for killer weed: now you look for weed killer. But you still listen to the same rockin' tunes while doing it!"

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Why does it matter so much to you ? Why do you obsess over it ?
If I took an oath butt nekid, covered in orange marmalade with a live chicken on my head and singing happy birthday in Swedish while swearing on oath to David Hasselhoff on an old copy of the Philadelphia Yellowpages....what business is it of yours ?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have read and heard there are at least 360 degrees of freemasonry, the lower level masons have no idea in the world what the other side of the force is doing.only after showing how evil they are do they rise above 33 Symbols have power , the interpretations are varying, the pyramid is from egypt,it is the ultimate expression of a builder, a mason, a universal mason buil it.and the novus ordo seclorum symbol comes from a poem written about ceasar. America is seen as the "New Egypt" in occult circles. Other big time symbol is the 33dgree angle "V' (suppose to be the mason building tool) V also means "Victoria" as well as its pointing down twords hell. just look at sHELL gas stations, all red and yellow like fire, there gas is called Vpower for a reason.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
I have read and heard there are at least 360 degrees of freemasonry, the lower level masons have no idea in the world what the other side of the force is doing.only after showing how evil they are do they rise above 33 Symbols have power , the interpretations are varying, the pyramid is from egypt,it is the ultimate expression of a builder, a mason, a universal mason buil it.and the novus ordo seclorum symbol comes from a poem written about ceasar. America is seen as the "New Egypt" in occult circles. Other big time symbol is the 33dgree angle "V' (suppose to be the mason building tool) V also means "Victoria" as well as its pointing down twords hell. just look at sHELL gas stations, all red and yellow like fire, there gas is called Vpower for a reason.

What you have heard and read is wrong. The evil ones are the ones who spread lies to further their own agendas. The Masons here have always answered questions truthfully.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
For sure, the masons on ATS are cool! Masions rock!What I have read is not wrong, its just out of your realm of study. No one has all the answers.I learn from everyone, that is how I have a bit the sacred teachings of Babel and MR and the "H".

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What I have read is not wrong, its just out of your realm of study. No one has all the answers.I learn from everyone, that is how I have a bit the sacred teachings of Babel and MR and the "H".

OK - I'll bite.

Why do you think it is that all the masons don't know about these "higher degrees" etc but non-masons are well versed in this (apparent) knowledge. How could this be 'out of my realm of study' but not yours?

Also, how does a single line of degrees, reaching up to... what was it... 360?.. dovetail with the actual masonic system of an integrated network of orders and side orders which vary from country to country?

Go on... I'm keen to know...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I said there are at least 360 degrees, it all goes back to Roma(amor) and the Pope. There is no country to country its the 1 world masonic jesuit governmente, through Amor Poopbenedict. Read book"The seven men that rule the world from the grave" answers within.
much kudos to all of you,
DWT

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Considering your chosen handle here on ATS it's ironic that I'm actually spending time replying. But there you go.

I said there are at least 360 degrees, it all goes back to Roma(amor) and the Pope. There is no country to country its the 1 world masonic jesuit governmente, through Amor Poopbenedict. Read book"The seven men that rule the world from the grave" answers within.

Oh well, that's got me convinced.
With a name like Poopbenedict against me and the obvious heavy research that you've done on the subject I think I'm on a sticky wicket from the off. Best quit while I'm ahead.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

.and the novus ordo seclorum symbol comes from a poem written about ceasar.

Does anyone have any more information on this?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23

Does anyone have any more information on this?

I knowit was in a poem by Virgil, but alas, I cannot remember which one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join