It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum mechanical tunnelling effect observed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Electrons Caught in the Act of Tunneling

Well what do you guys think of this? I'll be the first one to admit that the science
behind all of this is quite over my head, but the article made my mind go a million
miles per hour just thinking of the possibilities. The science-fiction aficionado in me
immediately put this and the fact that matter has been turned into light and than back
into matter (could not find a link, although I think Neon_Haze might have posted the
article.) and my mind began having Stargate fantasies. Its like two pieces of the puzzle
coming together to bring us closer to teleportation. But than again those are nothing but fantasies.

So anyhow, I would like to hear what some of our more knowledgeable members have
to say about this new finding. What real world implications could this really have?
Is there any merit in my fantasy of melding these two discoveries together?

[edit on 4/12/2007 by Pjpuas]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Its great to see apparently solid evidence of this elusive quantum phenomenon. As a physics undergrad Ive only just been learning about quantum tunnelling.

Unfortunately Pjpuas, I think real-world applications of this are decades if not centuries away.

join