It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Rosie O'Donnell comments "damage control" with white/conservative America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Link to article

I find this completely bizarre. It's not often you hear someone who supports the 9/11 "inside job" theory defend a brazenly racist remark. Is this a transparent attempt at gaining back some credibility with "white America"?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Its not bizarre at all. Rosie needs the 1st Amendment to go on the air and talk about the inside job theory. People saw an opportunity to attack Imus for what he said now in retalliation people on the other side will seek the termination of Rosies job for what she says.

So you have a country divided and each side thinking that if they can censor the other side theyre winning.

Well, I got news for ya. Pretty soon both sides will be censored or frightened enough that they wont say anything for fear of offending the wrong people and being shut down.

This is what the partisan bull and the left/right bickering crap has been leading up to.

The left eill fight to get the AM talkers shut down. The right will attack the Rosies, the Olbermans, the Russerts and get them all shut down. Then the fight will hit blogs and the internet.

We all lose. The government wins.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Indeed. Actions speak louder than words, and if the politicians that the people of this nation are burdened with at the present time would shut their mouths and roll up their sleeves more would be accomplished. She will lose some of her new found support, although. The only race "truthers", on the whole, seem to have a problem with, are those of Jewish heritage.

Edit: To be clear, I am not calling Rosie a racist, but these are not politically correct comments.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by PartChimp]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PartChimp
It's not often you hear someone who supports the 9/11 "inside job" theory defend a brazenly racist remark.

You'll hear it from me. And anyone who truly believes in Free Speech. Rosie is NOT defending WHAT Imus said. She's defending his right to say it. That's exactly my position. I don't agree with what he said, but his first amendment right guarantees his right to say it.

And yes, 9/11 was an inside job.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I agree is all about our freedom of speech or let say the right to it.

But as usual this is been make into a black and white issue in which obviously one side is always the winner.

I wonder when America is going to wake up and say enough is enough, we have been manipulated, used and mistreated just to keep the minds and eyes of the people away from what the real issues in this country are.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Rosie's just afraid she'll be next.

And this not a free-speech first amendment issue!!!

You have the right to say such things on street or to anyone who'll listen, but you certainly don't have a Constitutional right to have your own television or radio show. He could be fired for any reason or no reason by the corporations who pay to air his show.

[edit on 4/12/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
, but you certainly don't have a Constitutional right to have your own television or radio show. He could be fired for any reason or no reason by the corporations who pay to air his show.

[edit on 4/12/2007 by djohnsto77]

The problem is that more and more is showing the hypocrisy of certain rights to free speech in our nation, as long as you are in the right side of color you can get away with anything but if you do it from the wrong side of color then you are to become a target.

top topics

join