It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living UFOs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
For a while now I have been hearing reports of Alien Craft that are literally "alive". Let me be clear, I'm not talking about creatures that travel through space on their own, but rather craft that are supposedly living and that intelligent beings get in like a car. Perhaps aliens travel as we once did on horses, using existing creatures that are highly evolved. Another possibility is an idea brought forth in Greer's latest book, Hidden Truth: Forbidden Knowledge. His thinking is that the aliens can manifest out of the ether or 5th dimension or whatever. Similar to telekinesis, the aliens would "think" the craft into existence. I find this idea fascinating and sort of difficult to comprehend.

How do you feel about the idea of alien craft being "alive"?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm not so sure about the typical disk craft, they seem fairly mechanical to me.

But those ones that morph their shape could be living I guess. I couldn't imagine anything mechanical to be able to, or need to morph shape so much.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Kind of sounds like the Cylon Raiders from Battlestar Galactica:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
For a while? Or just since you became Greer-influenced? I will watch this thread with interest. Living machines? OK. If you and Greer advance such claims do you have any proof? Uh, huh... well OK.

Oh right, "Greer-ians";the cult of the "no proof truths" and the NDA's of Disclosure. Sorry, I forgot.

Best of luck with that manifestation stuff I guess the mumbo-jumbo-factor is in vogue this seasson.

The truth is out there and growing and it is coming for Steven Macon Greer and his ilk. I am surprised that no one has "offed" him... just for fun.

Wonderful entertainment is in store!

Vic

[edit on 12-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Why would someone "off him" if he is just speaking mumbo-jumbo? You are going to need to explain this one to me. But I guess because you know he is lying, so then you must know what the truth is.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
They can be mechanical but with an onboard, self aware A.I. Wouldn't they be considered alive?

[edit on 12-4-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There is a thread here on ATS with a video of a man who claimed to have touched a living engine of a UFO at Area 51. Its very convincing and very believable the guy seems very credible. I cant remember the name of the thread.... I need to look for it.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megadeth
There is a thread here on ATS with a video of a man who claimed to have touched a living engine of a UFO at Area 51. Its very convincing and very believable the guy seems very credible. I cant remember the name of the thread.... I need to look for it.

this one

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
For a while? Or just since you became Greer-influenced? I will watch this thread with interest. Living machines? OK. If you and Greer advance such claims do you have any proof? Uh, huh... well OK.

Oh right, "Greer-ians";the cult of the "no proof truths" and the NDA's of Disclosure. Sorry, I forgot.

The truth is out there and growing and it is coming for Steven Macon Greer and his ilk. I am surprised that no one has "offed" him... just for fun.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

By no means are my speculations based solely on Greer's book. Why am I "greer-influenced" simply because I read one of his books? Just because I read it does not mean I believe in him or what he says. I read it to further my own knowledge and because I thought it was interesting. And this thread isn't about Greer. This is a concept I've been thinking about long before I even knew Greer existed so please, lets stop hopping on the "hate on Greer" bandwagon when this thread isn't even about that.

As for A.I. on crafts that could be considered "alive". However maybe our definition of "alive" isn't really all that accurate. Does something have to be organic to be living? There have been multiple claims of UFOs that are living by multiple whistle blowers. How would such craft work?

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Vipassana]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vipassana
For a while now I have been hearing reports of Alien Craft that are literally "alive". Let me be clear, I'm not talking about creatures that travel through space on their own, but rather craft that are supposedly living and that intelligent beings get in like a car. Perhaps aliens travel as we once did on horses, using existing creatures that are highly evolved.

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense to 'grow' a craft using a 'biologically alive' entity.

Why? Because biological systems are generally fault-tolerant, redundant and self-repairing.

Thus once you encoded the genetics, you'd sit back and let the organism grow the communications, navigation, sensor array and defense systems. You wouldn't have to worry about 'spare parts' and if you do it right you could make them capable of using anything edible (and some things non-edible) for energy and power.

So I'd think at the height of development, systems would almost have to be biologically based.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense to 'grow' a craft using a 'biologically alive' entity.

Why? Because biological systems are generally fault-tolerant, redundant and self-repairing.

Thus once you encoded the genetics, you'd sit back and let the organism grow the communications, navigation, sensor array and defense systems. You wouldn't have to worry about 'spare parts' and if you do it right you could make them capable of using anything edible (and some things non-edible) for energy and power.

So I'd think at the height of development, systems would almost have to be biologically based.

Actually that does make a lot of sense. Do you think it would require some sort of energy input such as food or sunlight? Perhaps aliens could connect telepathically or spiritually to such craft, and thus control them without the use of instrumentation. What better way to control something than with your own mind? Could we ever hope to actaully perfect a mechanical system? For example ipods are sweet, but they aren't perfect. They have flaws in software programming and their parts break down over time. The more complex a mechanical device, the harder it is to perfect. A highly intelligent race of aliens that has lots of time on their hands may seek "perfection" and try to build a biological craft.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Vipassana]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I won't mention Steven Macon Greer if you won't. Wink, wink, nod, nod, nudge, nudge. Yes, maybe your definition of "alive" isn't all that accurate, thank you for pointing that out and perhaps expand on that?

I'd suggest for those with an interest look up the terms "life" and "alive", scholar's choice.

I guess you wouldn't have anything remotely considered as "truth" or fact to go along with your "speculations" which do funnily enough echo an entire chapter in a book whose pages line a kitty litter box?

Please expand on your "speculations" I find them quite enjoyable and of an unorthodox-orthodoxy. These "whistle-blowers" who you claim provide substance to this discussion... name them please. I suspect you will not.

And FYI, I don't claim to have hatred for anyone... do not claim to know my motivations. You do not.

Vic

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
yeah i heard its just like farscape, motherships give birth to babyships of diffirent kinds.

boy ships like to race fast and buzz our aircraft, girl ships are fine going in a straight line but when it comes to anything complicated like a corner - they slow down to almost a stop- i suspect most sighting are of girl ships doing their manouvers.

the truth is out there!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I'm not talking about creatures that travel through space on their own, but rather craft that are supposedly living and that intelligent beings get in like a car. [...]

How do you feel about the idea of alien craft being "alive"?

your concept was created into a Sci-Fi show, that was made in Canada,
i thought the show titled "LEXX", was pretty well cutting edge or was flakey, depending on one's worldview.

see: www.space.com...
date: Tuesday, 11 January 2000
scroll: to the 2:00 AM listing

(LEXX) - New Series! The eccentric crew of the LEXX,
a giant living spaceship, stir up trouble when....

be sure to click the (blue/purple) links (Nook/Lexx)
to read /see some characters & the storylines & themes...

i'm also of the mind that living structures hold more promise than
'smart' metals and fabrics or nanotechnology by itself...
the LEXX took a older fRinge idea and gave life aboard a living spacecraft
a reality~on a futuristic sci-fi series, but a 'tangible' life non-the-less~

the date of the 'new series' on 01-11-00[Jan 11th, 200] might be part of the package...but alas the concept played out in a short time

[edit on 12-4-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
I won't mention Steven Macon Greer if you won't. Wink, wink, nod, nod, nudge, nudge. Yes, maybe your definition of "alive" isn't all that accurate, thank you for pointing that out and perhaps expand on that?

I'd suggest for those with an interest look up the terms "life" and "alive", scholar's choice.

I guess you wouldn't have anything remotely considered as "truth" or fact to go along with your "speculations" which do funnily enough echo an entire chapter in a book whose pages line a kitty litter box?

Please expand on your "speculations" I find them quite enjoyable and of an unorthodox-orthodoxy. These "whistle-blowers" who you claim provide substance to this discussion... name them please. I suspect you will not.

And FYI, I don't claim to have hatred for anyone... do not claim to know my motivations. You do not.

Vic

I'm not even going to dignify this with a response. You are obviously beyond ignorant. You obviously didn't understand anything I said, and you are clearly here to attack me for mentioning greer's name. If your not going to add anything meaningful to this discussion then why talk at all?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If you really think about it, creating a living non sentient craft that could respond to a pilots every command would be the epitome of efficiency. But it would require a level of symbiosis that we probably cant fathom ATM.

The ship would be designed to function in multiple environments and have the ability to change on the fly to any given obstacle presented to it. It would have the equivilent of a "brain stem" to control onboard functions but would be useless as a craft unless the pilot was "paired" with it. Kinda like Bluetooth tech but not as mechanical. The old I am the ship and the ship is me scenario.

Would be fun to see something like that....

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

your concept was created into a Sci-Fi show, that was made in Canada,
i thought the show titled "LEXX", was pretty well cutting edge or was flakey, depending on one's worldview.

see: www.space.com...

Thats fascinating, its to bad I never got to see it. Certainly such crafts are far beyond our current technological capacity. Today we are working on and have yet to succeed in synthetically producing human organs. However, research says this is a possibility and it may even be likely to happen soon. Imagine the growth of this type of technology 50, 100, or 1000 years out. Who knows what type of crazy biological things we could possibly produce.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
If you really think about it, creating a living non sentient craft that could respond to a pilots every command would be the epitome of efficiency. But it would require a level of symbiosis that we probably cant fathom ATM.

Not necessarily. It could range from us just using the 'living ship' to take us from one place to another, like a glorified hitchhiker, to a true full on communication, empathic connection directly to the 'being's' nervous system (or whatever they used).

When we ride a buffalo, for instance, it's more like using the physical 'pain' of pulling on their nose-ring to get them to go where we want.

But with a horse, it's more of an 'understanding' and bonding between horse and rider.

With a dolphin, it's even more simpatico, where they even pick up that people shipwrecked need help and tow them to land and things like that.

Does that make sense?

The ship would be designed to function in multiple environments and have the ability to change on the fly to any given obstacle presented to it. It would have the equivalent of a "brain stem" to control onboard functions but would be useless as a craft unless the pilot was "paired" with it. Kinda like Bluetooth tech but not as mechanical. The old I am the ship and the ship is me scenario.

Would be fun to see something like that....

Well again, fun, but hardly necessary. There could be varying degrees of autonomy, but it's probably also true that they could take a biological system and 'graft' mechanical aspects onto it. That, ISTM would be a form of 'slavery' and wrong.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have mentioned this before, many alleged abductees have remarked that they felt the ships they were taken on were actually "alive". From the way they felt when touched to other sensory identifiers.

I could never get anyone to really comment on it but occasionally it would come up in an abduction discription in a thread.

Someone spoke of the "living engine" David Adair claims to have encountered at Area 51 but there are many examples of people describing "living" discs or ships. I suggest reading as many abductee stories as possible and you will eventually come across many of these descriptions.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Thats fascinating, its to bad I never got to see it. Certainly such crafts are far beyond our current technological capacity. Today we are working on and have yet to succeed in synthetically producing human organs. However, research says this is a possibility and it may even be likely to happen soon. Imagine the growth of this type of technology 50, 100, or 1000 years out. Who knows what type of crazy biological things we could possibly produce.

My take is not so much that we would bio-engineer this kind of thing, but perhaps 'find' a being on another planet that was capable of this kind of thing and developing a bond and working together for mutual benefit.

But I suppose it's possible to 'create' such a craft, but I doubt it.

Why? Because biological systems are very complex and the thought of creating one that was not only a 'new' organism, but also jumped the 'evolutionary mechanism' that causes complex systems to develop is a bit optimistic.

You take something that's already half-way there and then maybe tweak that. Or you discover a race of space-faring whales, LOL.

It certainly may be possible someday that we develop 'machines' that are as complex as biological systems and that can reproduce, self-repair, demonstrate some 'sentience', and are equipped with redundant systems - IOW, like a craft in enough ways to be workable.

Of course once this kind of 'revolutionary' thing started happening and geneticists got handles on whole systems, then it would probably end up that many, many systems would be a combination of biological and mechanical. After all, what would be better than a lamp that never needed plugging in, and gave off light with chemiluminescence?

But at first I think it would start as a mod.

(sorry to get 'out there', on this. LOL)

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Badge01]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join