It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast at Iraqi parliament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Blast at Iraqi parliament

www.inthenews.co.uk

blast at the Iraqi parliament in Baghdad is feared to have resulted in numerous casualties.

Reports from the scene suggest an explosion occurred at the heart of the Iraqi government earlier today while parliament was in session.

The Reuters news agency quotes a witness to the blast as saying there were "many casualties".

It is believed that the explosion happened at a restaurant during the lunchtime break, when many parliamentary members would have been eating.

Iraqi state TV suggests the eatery was the one used by MPs and guests.

Baghdad has been at the centre of a major security crackdown in recent weeks after US and Iraqi forces attempted to reduce the continued level of insurgency in the city.

But despite some success in limiting the number of death-squad killings in the Iraqi capital, suicide attacks and roadside bombings have continued and violence outside Baghdad is said to have increased.

The Baghdad parliament is located in the Green Zone, a heavily fortified area of the city where most governmental and diplomatic activity occurs
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.alertnet.org

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
looks they somehow got into the green zone..

www.inthenews.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Whats the bet the Iranians get the blame for this one huh?

sorry for the one sentence reply mods.....

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
People are saying it was a body guard of the of the Sunni's that were killed. It's hard to think how they managed to get through all the check points... Only idea I can think of, is that the check point guards are corrupt themselves.

At the moment they are blaming Al Queda, because of the style of bombing - but as with everything about this incident at the moment, is pure guessing.

Another article

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Screw Iraq blow it to hell, jump into Boats and Planes and leave!

Then just spend occassional days bombing it back into the stone age!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Not to make light of the situation but I heard it was just fireworks celebrating the Liberation of Iraq by the extremely happy Iraqi people. They were overcome with the freedom that we have given to them and decided it was high time to celebrate.

I still get a kick when I see people posting that the Iraqis have it so much better now then when Saddam was there.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This is an inside job due to the fact that the green zone is a heavily guarded eden for the Iraqi elite and their followers.

I guess the people of Iraq (I mean the insurgents and terrorist) are very unhappy with who their US elected leaders, [I mean the for the people democratically elected leaders) are sleeping with, while the rest of the nation is dying by the hundreds in the streets.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Its believed that it was carried out by a Sunni mp's possible body guard,

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I really can't believe two posts. One just talks about blaming Iran, and one talks about celebrating.

Don't you get it? Like 8 people died. Those were people, people elected to serve Iraq. It saddens me people take glee or push agenda. Well good for you.

new topics

top topics

join