It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lid blown off Mexico Fleet UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Just goes to show how anything can be mistaken for a UFO.

www.livevideo.com...

He basically releases some birthday balloons then films them from a distance and it's a sahme to say but a lot of the footage I have seen really could be mistaken for these balloons.

Look for the Mexican Fleet comparison to their own Madrid balloon release as well, it's identical. That's that one debunked.

[edit on 12/4/07 by October]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
That's not exactly identical, but it shows that ballons can make quite a neat light display, yes.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I dont think that it debunks the "fleet" UFOs at all, but it does debunk, IMO, the numerous "morphing" UFO videos that are out there.

Ones like this one:

Google Video Link

EDIT: To add that this doesnt definitivly debunk the above video but it does go a long way toward doing so...always have to leave a small portion of possibility open for things like this.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Interesting vid and there are a few others too that are inconclusive from Mexico. Certainly there is trickery around and I agree sometimes UFOs which look like balloons are balloons. When you get deep into the Mexican vids showing the same size objects with a huge craft intermingled with the circular types, it becomes abit more difficult for debunkers to debunk.

I'm not sure who I respect less the debunkers simply due their inexperience and laziness in telling the world what their seeing in the skies themselves and what's being seen on tape is mis-identified birds, balloons, aircraft or atmospheric phenomena.

Seems to me, most debunkers if not all don't believe in UFOs, and they seem consistent that people who witness a sighting shouldn't believe either.
The Hoaxers are also on my list of both gov/military and people trying to fool the sincere researchers, skeptics and believers and by creating hoaxes by throwing fluff in with true unknowns to muddy the water eg project Blue Book. The obvious prosaic sightings -- make public, the unexplained sighting reports hide away and send upstairs for classification review.

Your example of balloons may be just that. But from my reading on the Mexican UFO problem somethings happening over there that isn't easily explainable re the UFO problem -- big time.

Mexican DoD Acknowledges
UFOs In Mexico:
www.rense.com...

Scientific 'Explanations'
Lacking In Mexico UFO Case:
www.rense.com...

Jamie Maussan 2005 Presentation Vid:
video.google.com...

Vid --Balloons over Mexico?:
video.google.com...

Dallas

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hey, its a cool vid. It shows how things can be mistaken, and I like that.

So - you're saying that someone has been releasing several hundreds/thousands of mylar ballons regularly in Mexico and no-one has noticed or tied the two subjects together - right?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This can explain a few perhaps, but considering the vast numbers of sightings, this doesn't explain them all. Still .. interesting post and it is good for future discussions and debunks.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

So - you're saying that someone has been releasing several hundreds/thousands of mylar ballons regularly in Mexico and no-one has noticed or tied the two subjects together - right?

Or saying that we HAVE been tying them together, but people want to believe so badly they ignore it... Mass balloon releases are newly traditional in many cultures, and for many events (mostly yellow and white, as they're cheaper in bulk, but occassionally mylar). Sure, I'd love to believe a fleet of UFO's was captured on video, but what's really more plausible as an explanation? You have to rule out the mundane before you leap to the fantastic.....

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Or saying that we HAVE been tying them together, but people want to believe so badly they ignore it... Mass balloon releases are newly traditional in many cultures, and for many events (mostly yellow and white, as they're cheaper in bulk, but occassionally mylar). Sure, I'd love to believe a fleet of UFO's was captured on video, but what's really more plausible as an explanation? You have to rule out the mundane before you leap to the fantastic.....

Oh yes, most definitely you do. I agree wholeheartedly.

But....

As I was intimating, you think someone would have noticed the release of so many balloons, so regularly, in and around the cities in Mexico.

Plus... when you let a balloon go, you really have no idea where its going to end up, and wind speed and shears chop and change as you move upwards through the atmosphere. It may be blowing in a certain direction and speed at ground level, but higher up is a different story.

So it might be balloons, yes. And people might have got lucky in setting up elaborate hoaxes, or there may have just been lots of coincidences.

The alternative to those things is mind blowing though, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
To me it has always been obvious that small dots in the sky most likely could be a number of things.

I think we should stop analyzing videos of "objects" that are so far a way that it is impossible to even tell what they really are in the first place. We need to work on getting some actual up-close footage that is worthwhile...

top topics

join