It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Mayor Urges Theaters to Boycott Aqua Teen Hunger Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Boston Mayor Urges Theaters to Boycott Aqua Teen Hunger Force

www.cinematical.com

Remember that incident a few months back involving the city of Boston and a marketing idea gone wrong? In case you're totally oblivious or have a bad memory, it consisted of a silly stunt to promote Aqua Teen Hunger Force that accidentally caused a terror alert. In the end, the mistake resulted in two men facing felony hoax charges, the head of Cartoon Network resigning, Turner Broadcasting paying out $2 million in restitution and Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino hating the surreal animated series forever. Unfortunately for Menino, the cinematic spin-off of the series, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters, opens this Friday around the country, including in two theaters in his city. Menino has made attempts to convince these locations to boycott the film, "out of respect to the people of Boston," but obviously the theaters are not willing to meet his demands. The thing Menino doesn't appear to realize, which doesn't take an expert in marketing communication to point out (though the Boston Herald quotes one, just to go with an official perspective), that any negative attention he can give the movie will help in its appeal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Causes Terror Scare
Suspicious Packages being found in Boston(Updated)

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Mayor Thomas M. Menino does realise he is just giving the movie more publicity right?
What do Bostonians think of this?

www.cinematical.com

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Not One To Hold A Grudge, Is He?

Gotta feel for the poor kids who TP'd his house back in '93, because you just know he's going to find out who they are and track them down someday.

I think it would be best for all concerned, especially the City of Boston, if Mr. Menino were to just let it go.

May The Aqua Teen Hunger Force Be With You.

[edit on 4/11/2007 by Majic]

apc

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Boycott Boston!

Frylock for President!

I didn't even know there was going to be a movie. I just might be inclined to actually pay to see that one. ATHF4LYF!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Mayor Thomas M. Menino does realise he is just giving the movie more publicity right?
What do Bostonians think of this?

www.cinematical.com

I think 'ol mumbles is making us look like the laughingstock of the nation. again. ugh.

I wouldn't really see it anyways, but there's a lot of talk around here that people want to go see it just because mumbles said not to. I don't really agree with that mindset, but I also think that not seeing it "out of respect" is absolutely ridiculous! I just wish the whole thing would just disappear!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Shouldn't he be busy, doin' ya know... Mayor stuff?

new topics

top topics

join