It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Was this GoogleMap Image Altered on purpose?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Here are some more places I found from a google search that have been edited
52 7' 43.29N, 5 16' 4.91E Soesterberg AFB in the Netherlands
52 06’07.48N 4 18 34.93E some building in Den Haag
52 10 10.38N 4 25 23.71E Valkenburg Naval air base Nthld
52 05 52.54N 4 20 12.65 more buildings in Den Haag
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. It appears that it is rather conmen to mask areas out.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
greatlakes,

If you look at that image even more closely you will see more evidence of VERY BAD Photoshop work - look at the 5 O’clock position, there is more duplication, infact the whole image is CRAP.

BTW, I work with Photoshop just about everyday.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Google is talking with military agencies in Iraq after learning that terrorists attacking British bases in Basra appear to have been using aerial footage from Google Earth to pinpoint strikes, according to the United Kingdom's Daily Telegraph.

news.com.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That is awful photoshop. I agree. And, although it is claimed the reasoning for "BLURRING" was to "fight" terrorism and for the benfit of the UK, I'm just not buying it. Too many of these areas are WAY WAY out of the way, and have absolutely nothing to do with the war going on. But I must say: good try , to the media. There are obviously other reasons they are "BLURRING"

[edit on 12-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here's one in DC its the United States Naval Observatory. Google-Earth 38 55' 17.0 W, 77 04' 01.77 W

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I agree, there is something else entirely going on here. That russia area is simply amazing! Why blur out and photoshop a remote area in the middle of russia? Perhaps yes I can see the reason for blurring out war areas - but that?!

It's crazy. Good find to the OP! I'm an avid google earth'r, but, this is entirely something else. I haven't seen blurring or photoshoping like this before in google earth. Nice!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Probably a military base or other sensitive facility - don't really see anything to get excited about here......

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They are most likely missle bases.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
A compelling question, what is there in this blurred or blacked-out area? If it were some sort of military installation wouldn't there be roads and some infrastructure heading into the blacked-out area? Or is the resolution not high enough to see...?

In the Russian images of the area, I can see no roads anywhere nearby.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I definitely believe that stuff gets covered up on satellite images, but I see much ado about nothing here.

If a high level group/person wished to keep something hidden, you think they would at least use photoshopping, as opposed to BLACK SPOTS. that seems like a dead giveaway to me.....

Furthermore, you think they would at least do a semi-good job of photoshopping it. On that note, tho, I concede there may be too much to cover up, requiring such crummy jobs.

Black spots though? just too careless for any "cover up"

IMHO, they are probably just areas where no satelite's path crosses, therefore leaving a black, absence of image. or thats where they've been hiding the tunnel to the center of the earth

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I considered the possibility that they were "gaps".. but if you consider that the area in the OP has been, in three different sources, blurred, blacked out, and (reasonably obviously) photoshopped, that theory doesn't seem to make too mcuh sense - if it's a blank spot, there's no reason to photoshop it or blur it, you'd just leave it blank, no (black, or some other indicator of blankness)

The point about roads is an interesting one. Considering that around the areas of the UK I grew up in, I can see what I know are dirt roads, (no more than 8ft wide) and many country lanes, (12-14 ft wide or so) with ease, I'd have to assume that any road capable of carrying a car would be visible in any place with decent resolution - anyone experienced with google earth/maps knows there are some places that the resolution is not that great, presumably because of the use of images from lesser quality satellites.

The interesting thing with google earth's blurred part too, is that for me, I can zoom in and out, and at various points (if I use the mouse to zoom rather than the controls onscreen) the blur goes away in some segments and detail is visible, though not in the central part of the blur..

What's under there most likely IS some kind of military installation.. but if the logic is that they're "protecting" such installations, well, hey, if i wanted to send a bomb or a missile there, I'd just send my planes towards the blur, and then have them target visually once they're there. Wouldn't you?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The Russian site maybe is a scaled-up nuclear site, and the local gov't doesn't want to admit that another Cold War has begun.

Russia threatens new Cold War

He's accused the United States of provoking a new arms race and says the defences will upset the balance of nuclear powers.

The Kremlin's Chief Spokesman has now told a British newspaper that Russia will have to consider its own military counter to the shield.

The Kremlin hasn't gone into details but says any new weapons would be built with existing technology.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philadelphite
IMHO, they are probably just areas where no satelite's path crosses, therefore leaving a black, absence of image. or thats where they've been hiding the tunnel to the center of the earth

NO, the area is blacked-out in one satellite image, blurred in another separate sat. image and photoshop'd in another sat image. Therefore I think it is safe to assume that it is not an "area where no satellite's path crosses, therefore leaving a black, absence of image" as you say.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Don't get tooo excited peeps. Google earth & similar programs are full of glitches, changes, and interesting things.
If you want to have some fun, then check out 2 things:

1: I found an un-identifiable stealth plane at a Jordanian airbase and saved the location for future viewing. When I returned a few days later, it had vanished (maybe they were testing the cloaking)

2: Check out this site for HUNDREDS of interesting finds:

Google Earth Stuff

Have fun

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This picture shows the area that was used to clone. Doesnt seem to be a glitch or fault but done by hand, there are more spots where a clone was used.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Nice job Cygnific!

BTW, did anyone notice the 'CHUKOT' label I was talking about earlier? I found out that Chukot refers to that region of Russia, but it's still an interesting find because the label just happens to be placed right on top of the blurred out area.

Edit: I noticed that the 'Chukot' label was probably just a glitch from the microsoft photos.. so it's most likely insignificant.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Balboa]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This could be a hidden area that is very sensitive. I hear the Ruskies are working on what they have termed as a new science the re-coining of "sub-harmonics".

This would be an answer to the missile shield, where energies are directed to not "turn off" a containment endorsement of a nuclear field; but rather, "fire it up".

This is a hot new science where discovery is rather blatant in its opposition. And, furthermore, is ill-spoke of. It is well within the doctrine of abilities that exist in the technological arena.

My, I hope they haven't had an accident...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It is most definite. that is a lake. It is circular because it is a crater. Look up other crater lakes on your map they will be the same.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join