It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My paranormal experiences.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Ok, i should be working right now but ive just read a few paranormal threads and thought i would share one or two experiences with you from my childhood.

They are all linked to my old house which an old man had died in shortly before we moved in. We lived there for the first 12 years of my life. I often had ightmares which i can still remember today and my mum has always said there was a 'strange' feeling in my room and she couldnt settle in there. (This was after we left).

One morning when i was about 6 or 7 yrs old, i saw a man standing at the end of my bedroom. I had no feeling of terror or anything like that, i felt completely calm and safe. He disappeared after about 20 seconds and he did not move or speak. I told my mum when i got up and described him to her and she asked our neighbour what the man who died there looked like.. the description was spot on right down to the colour of his hair and a tweed trilby on his head!

A year or so later things started to go missing, small items like my mums make up, small items of clothing and teaspoons (i know it sounds odd but it was too frequent and unusual for it to be things 'just getting lost') anyway.. that stopped and the items were never found.

Several years of nothing happening passed by and then my mum decided we were moving house. There was about a year between knowing and then leaving and in this time some strange things happened...

One day in the summer holidays (july or august 1996) my mum opened the cellar door and the place was FULL of steam, like a sauna! now the only things down there were olf bits of furniture and books etc and yes it was quite damp. So she called in a plumber who turned up the next day and there were no problems as far as he could see. the steam had gone within a few minutes of opening the door. Nothing like that had happened in 11 years and there was no source down there capable of making that much steam.

After this event the cellar light would come on while we were out. There was a grate underneath the front door step and we could see the light shining through when we came home at night. we would switch it off and more often thn not it would be on in the morning or when we got home from somewhere. There was no1 to play tricks on us as there was just us two and my 4 yr old brother at the time.

Then the final happening came on the very last night in that house. I climbed up into the top of my bunkbed (my brother was still in the bathroom brushing his teth luckily) and the top bunk just collapsed leaving me with my legs up in the air and crying like a baby lol. That night i had to sleep on the matress and was woken up by a cold breeze coming from under the door. I ignored it and went back to sleep. I woke up that night to hear my brother breathing heavily... hold on he was sleeping in my mums bed. My heart skipped a beat and the breathing stopped. I didnt get much sleep after that...

Its not until i put it all together that it sounds really strange...

Oh also when i was VERY young i woke up and there was something with loads of flashing coloured lights by my bed almost like that drone thing off starwars. I had never seen starwars back then but i think it might have been one of those things where you wake up and see something but its really a dream

Please share your paranormal experiences. i know in my own mind that the things i have described above cannot be debunked... i was there.

Im not usre if this is OK to be in here so mods please feel free to move it if there is somewhere more appropriate.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Wow! So you saw what looked like a UFO?
It sounds like you might be a contactee/abductee!
Did you know that 'aliens' always appear to children behind some kind of a 'screen'?
In my case, it was a large white rabbit -- sounds like in your case, it was a man in a tweed cap.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hi palasheea,

are you being serious .. i can't tll if there is a sarcastic tone in there

I think the man was definitely the old man who died there before we moved in but the multicoloured flashing lights thing has crossed my mind as being some sort of ET.. i feel almost ridiculous for saying that. The only thing that makes me doubt this is the fact that it was typically 80s in as much as the animation of the lights and the shape was like some kind of 80s robot from 'outta space'! it would have been in about 1987-88.

It seems as though i woke up, saw it and fell straight back to sleep again but i can still remember it clearly and it was like 19 or 20 years ago! strange.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm not joshing at all in my comment on your story --- and believe it or not, my 'haunting ghost' in my childhood was a big white rabbit. LOL -- it's true!

It wasn't until years later, when I finally fit all of the pieces of the puzzle together where some very obvious alien i.e. greys and UFO sightings came into the picture, that I realized who and what that white rabbit was.

And it didn't even occur to me that that rabbit was an alien operating under a screen until I saw the trailer of Steven Spielberg's movie series called "TAKEN" where there was a scene of that little girl (Dakota) holding the hand of large upright white rabbit walking toward a large UFO that was seen further off into the distance. When I saw that part of that trailer, my jaw dropped down to the floor where all of those memories of my white rabbit came rushing back to me. As I got older, the white rabbit was replaced by a tall nurse with blond hair -- then years later it occurred to me that this woman could have been one of those Nordic type aliens because she certainly matched those descriptions of such beings.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Hi palasheea,

are you being serious .. i can't tll if there is a sarcastic tone in there

I think the man was definitely the old man who died there before we moved in but the multicoloured flashing lights thing has crossed my mind as being some sort of ET.. i feel almost ridiculous for saying that. The only thing that makes me doubt this is the fact that it was typically 80s in as much as the animation of the lights and the shape was like some kind of 80s robot from 'outta space'! it would have been in about 1987-88.

It seems as though i woke up, saw it and fell straight back to sleep again but i can still remember it clearly and it was like 19 or 20 years ago! strange.

I don't think it's strange at all that you still remember seeing that thing with flashing lights and so on... regardless that for most of us, vast chunks of our childhood and teen years enventually fade away from our memory banks... but there are still some memories that go back to the time when we were toddlers that stick out like isolated tree's where a lot those 'tree's' are the kind that want to reach out and GRAB YOU! Lol... but it's true!
And for sure, most of us forget our dreams a few minutes after waking up unless we write them down immediately upon rising. So for you to remember what you think might have only been a dream -- well, think about it.... that's pretty extraordinary isn't it? Remembering a dream you had in your childhood when you can't even remember most dreams you are have after waking up just yesterday or today?? Could it be that maybe it really wasn't a dream (of that thing with flashing lights)? I think you need to consider that and then do your best to do a review over any other extraordinary things that have happened in your life -- and then attempt to put it into story or allegory form and from there see what you end up with. I'm sure you might find it interesting.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wow a white rabbit, that would have put me off rabbits for life! I like the idea that it could be 'them' visiting us behind a screen. Like you say it's weird that i remember it is it was a dream after so long.

I have two other 'actual dreams' that i can remember from way back and strangely they are both on subjects discussed often in here.

Im going to think back to see if there is anything else i can remember. It may be worth noting that, although i can't be sure, seeing the 'robot' was shortly after I was in a car accident. I was kneeling on the back seat looking out the rear window and we got sideswiped and hit a tree. I was thrown forward but luckily hit one of the seats instead of going through the windscreen

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Could you tell me more about that robot that you saw? I'm only asking because a month or so ago, while I was meditating, I saw a 3rd eye 3 dimensional robot thing on wheels with a long mechanical arm reaching out from the top of it driving around in the room I was meditating in - in fact, it was right by my computer. I had never had an inner vision of anything like that before so I'm wondering why I had it, what it was, what's its purpose and where is it from?

So are you saying that maybe this robot somehow intervened and prevented you from going through the windshield of that car you were in? Very interesting! Do you remember what it looked like?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I dont think this thing intervened during the crash but although it is hard to get the timescale accurate after so many years, i think it was possibly in the same year that i saw the robot thing.

I can clearly remember waking up in my bed and it was there at my bedside. It had multicoloured (i remember red yellow and green) lights and was dome shaped at the top. I also remember a typical electronic multitone beeping sound... it all seems so 'typically 80s robot though' The fact that i was only very young (4 i think) and hadnt watched any sci-fi movies at that age makes it seem strange that i would imagine something like that. It was dark in the room so i didnt see any detail, the lights seemed to be arranged in lines mainly on the 'body' area and some more lines at the top of the dome.

Its strange that you say it was on wheels because from the way it appeared it wiuld have been on wheels.Heightwise i would say about 3ft

it literally only lasted seconds and i seem to have been asleep again... ive got goosebumps now!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow! I've got goosebumps now too on this one... But it's great knowing that someone else has seen what looks like, of all things, a robot too. Mine looked about 3 ft too! Very strange.
The first thought that came to my mind while I was looking at it was that it was extraterrestrial. That it was some kind of a probe of some sort that's making adjustments on my computer and everything that I've got attached to it i.e. webcam, earphones, scanner, printer... a whole bunch of stuff. It had that long mechanical arm on it and for the few seconds that I had this 3D inner eye vision, it looked like it was busy DOING SOMETHING but I don't know what. Weird.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
thats crazy. Maybe that's why i have this fascination with 'what might be out there' as opposed ot being a skeptic. My childhood visit lol. I had nothing in my room of any interest at the time, just toys and bedroom furniture. I dont even think i had a TV back then!.. it was just observing me... maybe scanning me

It makes me think that if it WAS something like that, it must be inter-dimensional because there was no way anything like that could have gotten into my house.

new topics

top topics

join