It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mr. Mom' becomes household name in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

'Mr. Mom' becomes household name in US

newsinfo.inquirer.net

WASHINGTON -- The day his daughter Olivia was born, as Mark Ruis puts it, was the last day of his career -- at least for the foreseeable future.

On that day three years ago, Ruis joined a growing number of men across the United States who are bucking tradition and taking on the title of Mr. Mom, or stay-at-home dad.

"I didn't think I had it in me," said Ruis, 38, of the eastern state of New Jersey. “To be a stay-at-home nurturing parent with patience, to be able to do all the chores, all the organizational stuff, I didn't think I could do it.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Personally, I don't see anyhting wrong when a Father takes time to take care, spend more time with his own kids.

I would love to do that. I guess it really depends on the financial status. If a Father is financially stable, and there is no need to work to earn money, then why not spend his time with the beloved kids?

newsinfo.inquirer.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-4-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
If the wife has a better career with a better salary and more upwards mobility, I think it's a no-brainer that the man should stay home and take care of the kids if needed...at least until a proper nanny can be found that still allows a significant profit after paying her salary with the additional income.

join