It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bird Flu in Indonesia and Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

www.wisconsinagconnection.com

USAgNet - 04/10/2007

A new case of bird flu has been reported in Egypt as Indonesia reports its 74th human death from the disease. A 15-year-old Egyptian girl has been diagnosed with bird flu, according to media reports. The teenager, Marianna Kameel Mikhail from Cairo's Shubra district, was admitted to hospital last Thursday.

She is being treated with Tamiflu and is apparently in a stable condition; she had, it seems, been in contact with infected brds
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ecanadanow.com

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This isnt looking good. The govt was wrong about the Bird Flu slowing down and this is proof.So it will mutate to human X human.I am a making an emergency kit. What about ya'll?
Caringly yours,
Hachi

www.wisconsinagconnection.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

She is being treated with Tamiflu and is apparently in a stable condition; she had, it seems, been in contact with infected birds.

Government officials say the man was hospitalized for nearly a week before passing away last Thursday. The man lived in Central Java Province, and officials believed that he might have contracted bird flu through close contact with infected poultry.

All this proves is you can still get the virus from infected birds. So what?

Having proper Situation X stocks is a good idea anyway, but there's no need to go into a panic over a couple more entirely typical infections.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
yes but how about this, im not too sure about the tamiflu working cuz of what it did to the poor nihonjin(Japanese) ppl=[??

Bird Flu Mutation Risk

The deadly H5N1 form of the bird flu virus is rapidly mutating and the world must be on guard even though the disease has yet to be transmitted between humans, experts told a meeting in Beijing, Chinese media said on Tuesday.
The closed door conference, attended by experts from the Chinese and U.S. centers for disease control and the World Health Organization among others, opened on Monday, the official newspaper of the Chinese Health Ministry reported.
“The experts said that despite there being no evidence yet of human-to-human transmission of bird flu, the highly pathogenic H5N1 form of the virus is continuing to rapidly mutate, and human infections keep happening,“ the Health News reported.
“H5N1 is a virus that has the potential for mass transmission, and people cannot slacken off in their control efforts,“ it added in a front-page story.
According to Reuters, the report provided no other details, except that the meeting will discuss bird flu vaccines.
The virus has killed 164 people since 2003, according to the WHO.
“These might not be large numbers but we cannot let that lull us into a false security,“ Henk Bekedam, the WHO’s representative in China, said in a speech at the meeting, a copy of which was obtained by Reuters on Tuesday.
“Right now, a growing public health challenge is overcoming effects of ’bird flu fatigue’,“ he said.
“Just because an avian influenza pandemic has not hit, or because there is lower media coverage at times, does not mean the very real and ongoing threat of one has gone away,“ Bekedam added.
“Right now, the H5N1 virus does not transfer easily from animals to humans or from humans to humans. But that could change at any moment and we must prepare for that possibility.“
The H5N1 virus remains mainly a virus of birds, but experts fear it could change into a form easily transmitted from person to person and sweep the world, killing millions within weeks or months.
So far, most human cases can be traced to direct or indirect contact with infected birds.
China has not reported a poultry outbreak since September 20 last year, though earlier this month the health ministry confirmed a man in the eastern province of Anhui had contracted bird flu but subsequently recovered.

apc

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Again, nothing new there.

You're playing on Sofi's court now though.

Could it suddenly mutate and start a pandemic tomorrow? Sure. However, it hasn't done so in over 50 years of observation. It's not terribly likely it will anytime soon. Possible, yes. Likely, no.

Being prepared for such a possibility, however small, is a good idea regardless. But I wouldn't go running to the hills just yet.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
haha never heard the term sofi's court b4 lol yep, dont worry, im not exactly fearmongering lol i am making a kit tho cuz it could be used 4 like ne disaster

apc

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
soficrow, here's her profile.

When a chicken sneezes, sofi knows.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
oh haha =] is soficrow up-to-date on the bird flu news lol?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I live in an apartment and used to encourage birds onto my balcony with seed. The Australian cockatoos and rosellas are beautiful birds. And although the main culprit for bird flu is poultry, I no longer encourage the birds as it isn't worth the risk.
I'm not panicky about it but I also have a cat (who is old, well fed and isn't interested in the birds in the slightest) and don't want her catching lice from them either.
But at the back of my mind, since the bird flu scare, I don't look at the little birdies quite the same.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
awww=[ at the vet office i do vocational high school class at, we get sick birds all the time. One day when i was walking home from school, i saw 8 dead birds in a 1 1/2 mile walk=[

top topics

join