It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are Christians then there are the real Christians..please know the difference

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a lot of people throw around the word christian like there is only one kind. i believe there are two kinds of christians.

the first kind is the anti-christ..ian. its the one "in place of" the real christian belief. the christian that believes in war and hate and judgment on other people. example...bush, sean hanity, most of the feel good christians who know little about christ and his teachings and are very much into the mainstream religion who call themselves christian. its a deception....which i think is part of the antichrist system to get the world to hate the real christianity.

then there are the real christians who take very seriously the teachings of christ who get thrown in there with bush and the like. please know that there are two different types. the antichrist..ians and the real chrisians. you can know the difference between the two by the fruits of their spirit....all of these lists are describing a real christian's character.

In 1 Cor 13, in the midst of Paul's description of the gifts of the Spirit, there is a section on love. While not directly about 'fruit', it is about what springs from love, and it is in much the same vein. According to verses 3-8, love:

* suffers long;
* is kind;
* does not envy;
* does not parade itself;
* does not get 'puffed up';
* does not behave rudely;
* is not provoked;
* does not think evilly, nor rejoice in sin;
* rejoices in the truth;
* bears all things;
* believes all things;
* hopes all things;
* endures all things.

In Phillipians 4:8, Paul advises us to think on things that are:

* true;
* noble;
* just;
* pure;
* lovely;
* of good report;
* of any virtue;
* worthy of praise.

In Colossians 3:12-16, the church members are told to put on (wear) these things:

* tender mercies;
* kindness;
* humility;
* meekness;
* patience.

Then, they are further instructed to:

* bear with one another;
* forgive one another;
* love;
* let the peace of God rule their hearts;
* be thankful;
* have the Word live in them;
* teach and admonish one another;
* sing with grace in their hearts.

This is all to be done in the name of Jesus, to further the purposes He came for.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
You have voted Funkydung for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I agree with you to an extent, but I'd say there is at least 1 other group.

With that I mean the "christians" that are imho reallly "unnofficial" jews, these are people that take almost nothing from the words and life of christ, eventhough they call themselves christian, unless it comes in handy as a justification, but for the rest their religious views are based on the pre christian parts of the bible. They aren't really jewish because they aren't born into the religion or follow Jewish traditions, but their faith is based on the pre christian part of bibilical history which depicts the rise and history of Judaism.

In your classification, these people would probably fall together with the fake christians, as they usualy also support war and hate and judgement.

But they do it because as you probably know, the pre-christian "god" was a hatefull, judgemental and fearfull god that brought forth the first WMD in history (the ark of the covenant), destroyed entire cities with his wrath, brought plagues, sent down his angels to commit mass murders of first borns and killed people for worshipping false idols.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You have voted Funkydung for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

You can see this all the time on ATS. Get into a debate about a Bible quote and you can soon tell who has really read the passage in it's context and who is just using it to serve their particular viewpoint.

I'm one of those in the second group you talked about, in that I tend to live for Christ instead of what I can get out him.

BTW, the first type are generally said, at least around here, to be 'good living for a living'. I always say that I'm not good-living, I'm a Christian, because no one can be good 100% of the time.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
With that I mean the "christians" that are imho reallly "unnofficial" jews, these are people that take almost nothing from the words and life of christ, eventhough they call themselves christian, unless it comes in handy as a justification, but for the rest their religious views are based on the pre christian parts of the bible. They aren't really jewish because they aren't born into the religion or follow Jewish traditions, but their faith is based on the pre christian part of bibilical history which depicts the rise and history of Judaism.

There's quite a few of those in this country! 'An eye for an eye' comes to mind. Gandhi said 'an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth will end with us all being blind and toothless' or something along those lines. I prefer 'vengeance is mine says the Lord' and pray for all those that hurt me. One person that did something nasty to me ended up losing his job by getting caught stealing, which nobody knew he was doing. Ok, I was hurt by what he did but I didn't take it further (although I could have done) and forgave him. A few weeks later one of the bosses caught him red-handed stealing and sacked him. Was that just coincidence?

[edit on 11/4/07 by jimboman]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I goto say I see a bit of a difference between the biblical wrath of god and what you experienced.

I think we can agree that getting a thief caught redhanded and wiping out entire cities are in quite different leagues.

The later is exactly what "god" is supposed to have done in Moses' time.

Noone can tell me that an entire city with 1000's of people were all evil and noone can tell me that a god that isn't a devil would wipe out an entire city because of a few bad apples.

Same as noone can tell me that the history depicted in the bible is anything more then one side of the story told by the men writing it, glorifying the events from their perspective of the story, where the writers side is being told as being the devine and rightious view.

Thing with both old and new texts of the bible and other religions is that they were written by man, from the side of those mens perspective and those words are being interpreted and reinterpreted by men and wimen.

Noone in history other then Abraham, Moses, Noah and Jesus Christ have ever claimed or have been atributed to have had any direct contact with the Judaio/Christian god and none of them wrote the books telling what they supposedly experienced. In Jesus' case the writing happend 100's of years later under rather dubious circumstances (steered and organised by a pagan Roman emperor) and with the others its everyones guess who wrote their supposed experiences down for the first time.

The way you, jimboman seem to experience your faith is the way I, as someone who gets called an "atheist" see religioun and spirituality should be, and actualy how I myself live my life. You live to be good but understand its impossible, even for yourself to be 100% good 100% of the time.

What people don't understand is that you don't need to be religious or even spiritual to wanting to be good and do good, its a state of mind we all should try to reach, that state of mind has many paths.

Problem I have with all this is that many of the major organised religions actually steer people away from that kind of enlightenment, they force people to close their mind, to only listen and execute doctrine and most of them preach hatred, judgement and forcing ones view on others, by any means, good or evil, because the end justifies the means.

The phrase "a necessary evil" is used almost constantly and is never ever the right way.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
the christian that believes in war and hate and judgment on other people. example...bush, sean hanity, most of the feel good christians who know little about christ and his teachings and are very much into the mainstream religion who call themselves christian.

IF there are two kinds of christians where does that mean YOU are. Considering how JUDGEMENTAL you are ....:shk:

BTW - sometimes war is necessary. It's all through the bible.
BTW - mainstream christians ARE christians. They are being the best Christians they know how to be.

You can know a tree by it's fruits. Better be careful, because the glass house you live in could easily be smashed.

If you are claiming to be a 'real' christian then you need to leave the judgements to God. Only He knows what is in the hearts of these people.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
IF there are two kinds of christians where does that mean YOU are. Considering how JUDGEMENTAL you are ....:shk:

We understand his meaning.

There are diamonds and there are fake diamonds (cubic zirconia). How do you tell the difference? One is perfect before men. The other, if you look with a magnifying glass you will see little black specks of impurity within it.

Which is worth more?

With it's carbon deposits, the diamond openly displaying it's faults and recognizing them, is the genuine specimen. The cubic zirconia, appears to be so perfect and so right, something is just fishy about it. A trained eye can spot their transparency.

There are those who have nearly mastered playing every part of the list posted. They always expose themselves. There are those who see it and those who don't.

Who cares if he judges? None of us will stand before him on judgment day. If what he says matches what the judge says. Then it holds weight, because the Judge has spoken and his word is final.

John 12:48
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I am sadden this thread has gotten a single WATS ... sad.. sad .. sad

All he is saying is "conservatives" are "anti-christ ians"

And all liberal Christians are the um "good" Christians.

Worth a WATS?
Please, you cannot be that naive..

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
this thread should be titled "there are people that disagree with me and call themselves christians and then there are REAL christians that completely agree with my narrow view of the religion"

every sect of christianity teaches that most of the other sects are wrong.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
a lot of people throw around the word christian like there is only one kind. i believe there are two kinds of christians.

i believe your Gospels inform us there are three kinds
that were present in the early cult that became Christianity.

those who practiced their faith in 3 different manners: Hot, Cold, lukewarm

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Christianity found to be primarily comprised of human beings who are notoriously known to be flawed.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Major Religions of the World
Ranked by Number of Adherents

Christianity: 2.1 billion
Islam: 1.3 billion
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
Buddhism: 376 million
primal-indigenous: 300 million
African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 15 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 7 million
Jainism: 4.2 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 4 million
Zroastrianism: 2.6 million
Tenrikyo: 2 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
Scientology: 500 thousand

Source: www.adherents.com...

I'm sure if you asked any "good" practitioners of any of these religions then they'd probably say their version of that specific religious category is the right one, the word of their god and thus the others are null & void. Some are willing to die for their faith and others will just give you a stern telling off and choose to ignore history!

Either way, the whole issue of religion boils down to one thing. What you, as a person, chooses to believe in. Anyone who states they are right are basing their argument on nothing more than what they believe in.

Remember that.

Nothing more, nothing less.

**Personally, I don't believe in anything. Besides I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by timb3r]

[edit on 11-4-2007 by timb3r]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by timb3r
**Personally, I don't believe in anything.

Really? That's a shame. Personally, I believe I'll have another beer.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

If the OP put up something saying that the actions of Islamic Terrorists don't really fall in line with the teachings of Islam, I reckon most people would nod their heads and say something along the lines of:

Duh.

I think it's totally fair to point out that the hate-mongering that has become the trademark of Christianity over the past few years does not fall in line with the written doctrine of that religion. And that's all the OP did.

Now if the OP would have gone on to say that hate-mongering and judgemental Christians are braying jackasses of hypocricy who deserve to be punched...now THAT would be judgemental.

I think that covers everything. Because I'm a perfect Christian, I would be happy to address any other questions you have about God.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Oh, and one more thing...

You have voted Funkydung for the Way Above Top Secret award.

No seriously...Perfect.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If you add up the total on the religious list it comes
out to 6361100000 people who belive in religion.

What happened to the other 342,475,882 ? give or take 1000?

www.ibiblio.org...

or

www.census.gov...

This is at best guess.

I guess there is a lot of non believers?

Crowded future in hell?

The death of one man is tragic...
The death of millions, a mere statistic....

Premier Stalin 1941

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think the OP is Spot on, The bottom line: If you call yourself a Christian and you:
1) Hate Gays
2) Want War
3) Think Violence is an answer
4) think God is a Vengeful, Vain Deity, that wants you to use his/her/its teachings to preach any of the above.
YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST. YOU DONT

You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. (Matthew 5:43)

Do unto others, He wasn't talking about just Christians BUT ALL PEOPLE.

Those who think the OP is wrong, take a long look at yourself in the mirror, and ask your why you think he is wrong, is it because these is a stinging truth to it. That perhaps your not as Christ like as you thought you were. Perhaps you have come to the realization that what you have been preaching your children has led them to be like you, filled with hate and anger?

If you are a Christian or ANY other religion for that matter and act like the OP suggests. My Belief is you will be ok. For ANY GOD that doesnt allow truly good people to feel his love, then That God wouldnt be very all powerful or perfect would He/She/It

Just my Humble outlook on it all

PS I VOTED YOU FOR WAY ABOVE TOO, If more people acted in this manner, Earth would be a pretty nice place to live and for our children and our children's children

[edit on 11-4-2007 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I believe in GOD but I do not believe in writings that I was taught in Catholic School.

How can you hate anyone if you believe in his wisdom.

I dont hate gays.
I only believe in war when I am threatened.
I believe that everyone has an opinion.
I dont hate you because you disagree.
I dont like people who take advantage of the weak.
I believe that we all need to work together to achive harmony.
We cant not advance as a people until we put our differences aside.

I am tired of the religious people who tell me I am going to burn in hell because I am not like them.

As a cop I saw many beliefs, I met many faithful who worked with me to obtain the truth. I have seen many miracles. Expecially when I delivered my first baby.

Am I a Christian? Who cares! I dont really care what others say.
I believe in GOD period.

We are all doing our part in life, Lets not try to hasten our demise but enlighten ourselves.

If I was an alien I wouldnt touch this world with a million mile stick. I would watch and wait for the signs of advancement.

Beam me up Scotty there is no life here!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join