It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have began throwing knives

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm already training for Russian military, doing exercises, weightlifting, shooting, and boxing, now I've added knife throwing training, I think this skill will come in handy, I've just begun, not too bad, I am starting to get the feel of the throw, I gotta practice alot more, practice practice

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
bravos brother,it just happens that i training also to join my bulgarian army...gotta train hard to be the best of the best^^
knive throwing is kinda tricky but the feeling is soo nice,good for the nerves^^

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Knife throwing is very fun, takes awhile to get good at it but its pretty wicked, I do knife throwing and fencing.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately, modern body armor makes the art of knife throwing almost useless. I guess if you go for the neck or a leg artery it could be of some use. As for me, i'll take a silenced firearm any day of the week.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A skilled knife thrower can easily hit the enemy in the right part of the neck and kill him. A good, accurate throw can be almost as deadly at close range as a gunshot, there are many situations where you may need a knife, especially if you run out of bullets, etc, it is always to have a few extra tricks up your sleeve to deal with any situation

I've been practicing, so far I'm pretty good at close range, I am beginning to see how the knife spins and pinpoint what distance I need to be at and how to throw, I still need alot of practice. Soon I will start actually trying to hit exactly on target and maybe eventually even start throwing from further distance.

If you are good at knife throwing, and someone runs at you with a knife and you have one, consider yourself victorious
your knife will be in his throat before he can even get within meters of you

anyway always good to know a few extra tricks

peace

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
A skilled knife thrower can easily hit the enemy in the right part of the neck and kill him. A good, accurate throw can be almost as deadly at close range as a gunshot, there are many situations where you may need a knife, especially if you run out of bullets, etc, it is always to have a few extra tricks up your sleeve to deal with any situation

I agree with you completely. I always carry my trusty Kabar with me for that reason. Definitely not a throwing weapon but good in a fight.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Be careful!!!! I started throwing knifes when I was educationg myself on Martial Arts and the damb thing missed it's point and bounced back cutting my arm.

Let's see where is that scar..... Oh there it is. Yep, still no hair there!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modemizer
Be careful!!!! I started throwing knifes when I was educationg myself on Martial Arts and the damb thing missed it's point and bounced back cutting my arm.

Let's see where is that scar..... Oh there it is. Yep, still no hair there!

You gotto be careful throwing knives while drinking!

Ahh just kiddin', but at least it didn't hit you elsewhere. Would be one hell of a story for the doctors though. "You should have seen the guy that stabbed me! He was huge!"

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
lol, in my case the knife doesn't even get within a meter of me, even when it bounces back that is, I'm getting awful good, running around and throwing it at every "penetratable" thing in sight, lol, yeah careful there, when I was working in a supermarket, at break, I bunched a bottle of water, it hit the wall and bounced back and hit my friend/co-worker in his "weak spot"
ouch!! He was ON THE FLOOR! I made it in big letters meaning, he was DOWN, on the floor, like instantly, poor guy, you guys know I didn't mean it

imagine if that was a knife

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Does your knife throwing training involve moving targets?

And

Can you run and throw a knife?

In close combat situation, your enemy probably want be still as a tree.

Just wondering how you guys train.....

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hahahaha! My training was throwing it at a thin tree trunk! The only movement was it swaying to the wind.

I got hurt when I first started at it and obviously I threw it way to hard!

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles

Heck I pray that if I was at war my enemy tried pulling a throwing knife on me. Honestly a throwing knife is only useful in video games and movies.

It's a cool skill but not on the battlefield.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrepareForTheWorst
"You should have seen the guy that stabbed me! He was huge!"

Hahahaha! I just read that. Funny!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Oh lawdys, NO - Don't run with scissors...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Whenever I start throwing knives, I take Zantol™. It relieves the irritation.

That's just what came to mind when I saw the title.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Heck I pray that if I was at war my enemy tried pulling a throwing knife on me. Honestly a throwing knife is only useful in video games and movies.

It's a cool skill but not on the battlefield.

I'll have to disagree with you on that, especially the fact that its only useful in video games and movies, a knife is a great tool (you gotta see what the Spetsnaz can do with it) being able to have an extra trick up your sleeve is always helpful, is it not? When you go to battle you prepare for everything, and combat has many faces, sometimes conventional, sometimes guerrilla, you never know, and who knows, this trick just might save your life.

To answer to the other person's question, I am starting to run and throw knives, but I have yet found a person who would volunteer running around and having me throw a knife at them
we'll figure something out eventually though

peace

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

being able to have an extra trick up your sleeve is always helpful, is it not? When you go to battle you prepare for everything, and combat has many faces, sometimes conventional, sometimes guerrilla, you never know, and who knows, this trick just might save your life.

I disagree....If you were going to resort to throwing a knife you have a couple reasonable expectations.

1) You hit the guy

2) You miss the guy

Either way you are in some serious trouble if you throw your knife. You just disarmed yourself and possibly armed your enemy. People don't just drop to the floor when stabbed even if it's a fatal wound. There is still time enough to attack you possibly with your own knife. You are far better off learning Knife Combat or Knife Fighting Techniques.

Bottom line never give up your last weapon. Listen I'm not trying to convince you to not learn the skill but don't think it's your best "bet" when you are considering what to do in some situation where you need to use a knife.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It depends, and you are partly right, but there are still situations where you'd need to know how to throw knives. For example, what if the enemy has a gun and you're out of bullets? You're not gonna go hand to hand, are you?

Btw, a skilled knife thrower is almost as unlikely to miss as a bullet.

And yes, I'm gonna learn knife hand to hand combat, too
, in fact I'm planning to learn ALOT of stuff, including systema combat, and other stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

For example, what if the enemy has a gun and you're out of bullets? You're not gonna go hand to hand, are you?

Well assuming you are in the same room you are going to get shot no matter what....but the best thing to do is take your right arm and reach towards the ground behind you...at the same take your other arm and and swing it up and back. When you are fully arched your head will be behind your legs. At that point you should pucker your lips and gently kiss your a$$ goodbye.

lol anyway I guess if you are about to get smoked go ahead and throw your knife...and whatever else you can get your hands on.

[edit on 4/13/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
LOL!
hahahahah, nice one, you should write an instruction manual for people who have to kiss their ass goodbye before they die, lol

I won't though do THAT though, I'm ready to die

Though that doesn't mean I'm gonna do stupid stuff on the battlefield

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join