It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared to dine upon your neighbors?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I just yesterday read in a newspaper that Swiss scientists suspect that mobile phones resp. mobile phone masts and their emited low and ultra low electromagnetic frequencies may be responsible for the missing swarms.

They conducted tests which show evidence that bees can get disoriented by electromagnetic fields. This would point in the direction that the bees don't just die, they get lost. I saw this statment somewhere around here, I'll try to find it.

It would be interesting to know how densly covered with mobile phone masts/base stations the areas are that show large losses of bee population.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Bah.

Australian bees seem to be doing just fine.

Except we are now exporting like 15 million bees or more over to America due to them losing thier bees.

WE might be having a shorter supply of honey becuase we are exporting bees ;-P

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
First off I am going to say that I hate to see this happening, and if we cannot reverse it then it will be a tremendous blow for the world in the realm of beauty and diversity…

However, I smell an agenda brewing here. I am not sure who is behind it, if it’s the part of a plan to decrease population through famine, or it’s the agricultural industry wanting to up their prices, through selling us "one use only" bioengineered crops, or claiming short supply. But this idea that the bees’ dying is going to affect our food chain in a catastrophic way is not only false, but its fear mongering of the highest order…

Let me explain.
What are the most common food staples that are eaten throughout the world?
Grasses, right?
Wheat, Maize, and Rice are all grains from the grass family. Grasses do not require Pollination, as they reproduce through a number of other methods. So with this in mind, all your rice’s, breads, cereals, pastas, oats, and other grain based foods are perfectly safe.

Since your all your grazing animals live on grasses they will survive. This would be your cattle, deer, buffalo, and the like. Many birds exist just fine on grasses including Crows, and chickens. All your carnivores live off the grazing animals anyway, so they will get along fine as well. All your scavenger and carrion creatures would not only be well, but would be thriving like wildfire.

None of this in anyway will affect the ocean life, so your seafood and sea plants will still be in existence.

What about Carrots, and other members of the salary family, roots such as potatoes, and fungi such as mushrooms? Sorry, not going to affect them in any way either.

So far I see: Pasta, Fish, beef, Chicken, bread, potatoes, and pretty much everything I normally eat, still on the menu…

So how does the OP figure that I am going to have to end up chewing on my neighbors fat tail?
This thread aside; is this all part of someone’s agenda to prepare us for increases in the cost of food, and famines?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Grasses do not require Pollination, as they reproduce through a number of other methods. So with this in mind, all your rice’s, breads, cereals, pastas, oats, and other grain based foods are perfectly safe.

Since your all your grazing animals live on grasses they will survive. This would be your cattle, deer, buffalo, and the like. Many birds exist just fine on grasses including Crows, and chickens. All your carnivores live off the grazing animals anyway, so they will get along fine as well. All your scavenger and carrion creatures would not only be well, but would be thriving like wildfire.

None of this in anyway will affect the ocean life, so your seafood and sea plants will still be in existence.

What about Carrots, and other members of the salary family, roots such as potatoes, and fungi such as mushrooms? Sorry, not going to affect them in any way either.

I agree with some parts of your post, however you list some of the things that would NOT be affected by the bee dieing off completely. What about the things that ARE affected. How about the plants and flowers (hundreds, thousands of species?) that rely on the bee for its propagation. If the plant and flowers were affected, what is affected by this link in the chain and so on....?

I just don't think one can discount any one species importance if they are one day gone from the planet. Even the smallest or seemingly insignificant species, say an ant species, or some pest species...All play some role on the planet and in turn on our well being.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
I agree with some parts of your post, however you list some of the things that would NOT be affected by the bee dieing off completely. What about the things that ARE affected. How about the plants and flowers (hundreds, thousands of species?) that rely on the bee for its propagation.

This is why I said that it would be hurtful from the stand point of diversity, but that is all. The only plants which would be affected are some insect cross pollinated flowering plants. To say that the food chain would be disrupted, and especially to say it would be disrupted to the point at which life would end on the planet, is a serious overestimate of the damage caused by this problem. At the worst we would stand to possibly lose some flowers, fruits, nuts, and vegetables, but far from all of them and not completely. You must remember that if bee numbers decrease eventually the numbers of their competing cross pollinators would increase as a result of more food being available to them. So we would see an increase in the number of butterflies, moths, and humming birds, for example. If the situation seems to be dire and irreversible, we would keep the planets producing by hand or mechanical cross pollination, though their yield would be less overall. As the number of bees is beginning dwindle, hopefully someone out there has the foresight to farm bees in an enclosed environment, thus keeping them from going completely extinct and increasing their population.

My question though, is who is spreading this myth that if the bees die off the world will end, and what is their agenda for doing so?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If it ever comes to fighting my neighbors for scrapes of food, I'd put a bullet in my head.

Sorry, but I don't want to live in that world. ;(

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
uhh what makes you think we would eat our own neighbors? Yea thatll save us!

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

My question though, is who is spreading this myth that if the bees die off the world will end, and what is their agenda for doing so?

I don't think it is a myth or conspiracy, what I do believe people are trying to convey is something significant it transpiring.

We are polluting ourselves into a non-livable environment worldwide and everyone knows it, with 6 billion people plus and a exponential greed for material things, we are basically crapping where we sleep and eat. It doesn't take studies to see that certain things need to be address in order to reverse issues that we do have control over.

The world could end for anyone of us at anytime, but if we don't start to live symbolically with our environment, we as the human race are in trouble.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance

Originally posted by forestlady
Except that the queens are also dying. And if there are no worker bees to care for the queen, there is no queen! The workers even feed the queen, without them, she's dead.
I don't believe I've ever seen a hive where there are only queens, have you?

eventually, yes the queen dies, when too few workers are left, in this case, falling reproduction is a secondary effect, not the cause. queens normally don't leave the hive, so they can't just disappear like workers - which makes them good candidates for an autopsy, btw.

LL, my point is that not reproducing compounds the problem. And also, that if the bees are disappearing/dying, then reproduction in those hives is not occurring and therefore lessening the effect. The queen can't survive without the workers, so this problem whatever it is, is causing lowered reproduction rates. Also, apparently the queens are dying right along with the colonies.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Defcon, this is not entirely true. Guess what? Most of the grains we eat now are genetically modified. If you don't know the dangers of that, do some research on Google.
Out meat supply has been poisoned, rember mad cow disease? Our water has been polluted and poisoned. Our chickens, etc. have all been injected to death with hormones - ever notice that young girls are now developing much faster and younger than oh 30 years ago?

I'm assuming from your post that you don't eat vegetables, since you didn't mention it. Vegetables and fruit trees need pollinating. The almond growers are losing tons of money this spring because of no bees to pollinate their trees. Alot of farmers will become bankrupt because of this, they are already experiencing a great many problems from the lack of bees.
Bees are an important link in the chain of life.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
well isnt this enough for any of you?! who is ready for drastic action. who actually wants a planet to live on?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Defcon, this is not entirely true. Guess what? Most of the grains we eat now are genetically modified. If you don't know the dangers of that, do some research on Google.

Not everyone in the world uses genetically modified grains, besides it makes no difference as genetically modified or not it does not use insect cross pollination.

I'm assuming from your post that you don't eat vegetables, since you didn't mention it.

Sure I did, I think…
Aren’t carrots, and potato’s considered to be vegetables? How’s about celery? There are a number of vegetables that would still exist if bees disappeared.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
PDF FILE OF CCD from MAAREC, testimony by Diana Cox-Foster before U.S. House of Representatives

maarec.cas.psu.edu...

Colony Collapse Disorder - testimony by Diana Cox-Foster before U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Agriculture, Subcommittee on Horticulture and Organic Agriculture (3/28/2007)

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Here is an interesting news clip from ABC.

Where Have the Bees Gone?
Bees that are Disappearing News Clip

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't suppose you would believe that the well being of our ecology is not what we should be getting from this information?

For one thing, learn to eat only organic foods, or grow your own! You will live longer, and will be physically ready for the changes the Earth is going through. I personally don't believe our planet is going to die. Unless, of course, our creator(s) decidedly end it.

All of this information concerning changes in the Earth leads me back to the polar shift theory, and the speeding of the Earth's cycles. This is (in some circles) [pardon the pun] is relating to the shift into fourth density of human life. A fairly abstract idea, but one that fits deeply into my own beliefs, (from a scientific and religious standpoint). Maybe we should start a new thread about the coming changes in the Earth and how it will affect us. I could post on that for days. ;p

2012 and it's sub topics:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.operationterra.com...

www.13moon.com...

I'm sure a google of any of the relevant terms would lead you to more...

*return to topic, sorry*

[edit on 18-4-2007 by 12SeVeN34]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

It is true. Fewer bees are around. They are dying. Believe it or dont..it makes no difference because it is a fact. It is all part of the plan.
In fact, Hollywood usually lets us know what is going to happen. Kind of like a warning almost (they like to visually create what they are going to do later in movies or other forms... remember all those "training operations" before the terror strikes).
so if you want to know what is going to happen go watch THE HIDDEN by 33rd degree freemason Shamalan. Very revealing. The credits have nothing but CLOUDS on the screen. LOL. followed by a long discussion on the bees and after that...lol our future. lol ohh its so sad but thats the illuminati for you.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
My neighbours are nice and healthy.(appart from all the bugle the stick up their noses) They work out and have nice trim bodies. Of course I'm prepared to eat them!! I reckon they'll taste really nice. Does anyone have any decent recipies for human dishes?

[edit on 19/6/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

There was a German cannibal who published a recipe book... There seems to be a good one on Amazon...

www.amazon.ca...

You could always thumb through the "Lecter" books to see if there are any dishes suggested there ;-P

Just a thought... it would fit well into an Atkins diet...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Just watched Soylent green 2 weeks ago hahahaha

anyway there's enuff cat owners in my building to keep me feed for a week or two
"here kitty kitty kitty " can I babysit your cat gotta rub katnip on my shoes first

harps ,engineered food,and cellular technology may explain the Bee problem.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join