It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell The True Story UK Channel 5

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hi all,

Just to let you know that Channel 5 are airing a Roswell documentary at 8PM UK time, i'll post what the jist is once I have watched it.

October

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
watching it now but cant record so annoyed hopefully i will get hold of it might be worth lots of watches, wow a break all ready it seems very true why would the military remove the statement

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Alienhunters]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Very interesting documentary and i believe that something did crash in Roswell and may be it was a UFO, i took some notes if you missed it you can view them here.

alienhunters.moonfruit.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">My Notes

its under topics

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Towards the end the documentary inevitably and subtly 'debunked' the incident with fuzzy logic,presumptive innuendo and narrow minded speculation.
Call me cynical but I expect this is another (quite exceptional) piece of precision propaganda/ media manipulation attempting to persuade the masses that the UFO subject is nonsense

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
that was exactly what i was thinking with that bloke saying that it was a weather balloon i think they was trying to convince us it was not real.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Yes as stated by other posters here there really wasn't anything new to see here. If you didn't have any knowledge of the incident it would have been a good introductory programme for you but the last 10 minutes dropped the bomb that it was Mogul.

What interested me was their explanation of the famous strange writing found on the debris. They said that the Mogul project balloons had been put together with Balsa wood and sellotape but a lot of the tape was purchased from toy shops that had funny patterns so when the tape blew off in the wreckage it left the dye pattern underneath hence the symbols.

It doesn't explain however why the military called the crashed object a disk when found.
Nick Pope was good in stating that whatever happened there WAS a crash there that day and they said it was a DISK.

Make of it what you will...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
agreed with what you said
also the last 10 Min's they turned the story around and said it was fake, the kite like object that the man saw were nothing click the one of those of a weather balloon and the mans says all the way through that something was recovered and then says the weather balloon didn't need to be recovered it was worthless, so he was lying

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Actually there were balloons released that year. There is a problem with the cover up though. The government said it was one of these balloons but in the declassified papers on the balloon project all balloons that year are marked down as being found some where else instead of at roswell as said. Also they said the bodies were test dummies but the papers say there were no dummies attached to the balloons. The military also did not start using test dummies until 1951. The government said that the metal that when folded would unfold to its orginal form was a sort of aluminium foil but the papers from the mogul project show that all the ballons were made of of large clusters of rubber meteorological balloons these were replaced by balloons made of polyethylene plastic no metal or foil at all.

I also seen a program about the roswell cover up and realized that the people trying to prove it was a balloon were using references from a different balloon program that started in late 1948 known as skyhook. They even showed a video of the balloon taking off and I realized that it looked nothing like the mogul ballons. The mogul balloons do not have all the equipment that skyhook balloons have and the mogul ballons were kinda compact while the skyhook balloons were huge. The mogul balloons only had one thing on it and it was to test sound waves from bombs exploding while skyhook had equipment to test cosmic rays and for meteorology and later on it was merged with another ballon program to take pictures of sunspots from high altitudes.

EDIT FOR SPELLING

[edit on 11-4-2007 by 19 Kilo]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Have you considered the fact that someone MAY have entangled themselves in the lines of the baloon and went up there with it, then come down as the "crash dummies".

It always happen in movies, why not at Roswell?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
it was a cover up it must of been the miltary said that they found a UFO then removed there stament and then said it was a weather ballon and a flying disc and they also said the weather ballon wasnt worth reovering so why did they recover it

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I don't know why I even bother watching these kinds of programs anymore, I know what the exact outcome will be. Either, it was a weather balloon or some random 'facts' will be thrown around trying to make everyone who believes in the alien origin look like complete morons.

I believe the same thing happened with the 9/11 show a few weeks ago.

The entire show was just made to disprove the UFO crash and push the belief that it was a weather balloon or one of those nuclear sensors.

Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i wasn't registered here the other week to you have a link to the thread so i can check it out please, and Roswell was true there was an alien crash why would the military say one thing and then reject it.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
So this documentery that aired did not even show the interviews with the people who lived in Roswell at the time where they talked about how they were pressured by the military to say nothing about what happened? It seems to me that would be a very big part of the story that they missed.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
they now cliam that it has been too long since it happened that people would be influcened by films and books based on alien/ufo that the people have seen and read,

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienhunters
they now cliam that it has been too long since it happened that people would be influcened by films and books based on alien/ufo that the people have seen and read,

Well like several 'suspicious' or potential UFO/ET related events, one of the key aspects that give some credibility to it being more than just a mundane event is the response of the military.

In Rendlesham, Roswell and Kecksburg, to name three, there seems to have been an 'over the top' military response. So whatever it was. the military is not telling us the full story, imo.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
No there wasn't really any interviews with actual residents of Roswell to back up the story. The documentary states that when the event happened and the Military backtracked their story the FBI and CIA allegedly went to every media source and confiscated any trace evidence and reports so they could work on a clean slate and make up what they wanted.

The Rancher that saw the crash site was held by the Military for a number of days and was released practically a broken man according to the documentary.

The other thing I didn't realise was that the man who came across the now known faked Autopsy video never claimed it to be genuine in the first place. He said that the Original reel was so damaged that all they could do was recreate some pieces of the film and mesh them with actual footage so we are not supposed to know what's real and what's fake. He also claimed that he brought it forward purely for Commercial purposes. It was effectively a copy of the supposed original. Didn't know that..

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
no but he did say that he brought it off o a person who was working for the military in 1947, and the only person that could back up the autopsy was the nurse but they found no trace of her or her pictures. the one thing is the metal that can reshape it self where has that gone?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

no but he did say that he brought it off o a person who was working for the military in 1947, and the only person that could back up the autopsy was the nurse but they found no trace of her or her pictures. the one thing is the metal that can reshape it self where has that gone?

OK, no slam on you Alienhunters, but posts like this are essentially incompletely researched, in my opinion.

Let's take a moment and find the actual names of the persons involved, or the best we can discover of their names and identities.

The nurse was (allegedly) identified by Glenn Dennis the town mortician (then the assistant) as Naomi Maria Selff (later as Naomi Sipes). There is, apparently, no record of her or a person of that name or similar name in the military's records.

Though Dennis has been somewhat debunked, one person did back up part of his story:

From Wiki

Former Roswell police chief L. M. Hall in a 1993 affidavit said that maybe a few days after the newspaper stories of a crashed flying saucer, he was talking to Dennis. Hall recalled Dennis said something to the effect, "I had a funny call from the base. They wanted to know if we had several baby caskets. I asked what for, and they said they wanted to bury [or ship] those aliens." Hall said he thought Dennis was joking and they never discussed it again.affidavit

Though there was probably a lot of 'pumping up' of the story after the story was uncovered back in the 80s, (see Roswell UFO Incident in Wiki for more details), there also seems to be some substance to the claims that the military was hyped up about the event.

If, indeed, the debris was, itself, not classified, the project was. So if the debris was not classified, why the 'scramble' by the military, or indeed any investigation at all? It was, according to skeptics, common to find debris from radiosonde and other launches in that part of the country.

And, as in The Other Guy Blinked, did the Military come out with a book, or two books, actually trying to 'explain' the incident?

Why did New Mexico Congressman Steven Shiff get the runaround when he asked the GAO to look into it?

Maybe someday we'll know.

(PS, though I cite Wikipedia a lot, it's also important to re-verify any crucial info obtained there, because though a good resource, it's not infallible.)

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i can thanks for that i will refer to wikipedia for any names i need and backs ups for evidence, so the nurse was said not to ever exist, was the alien autopsy a fake then?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

i can thanks for that i will refer to wikipedia for any names i need and backs ups for evidence, so the nurse was said not to ever exist, was the alien autopsy a fake then?

Yeah, no biggie.

No, I would not say that this proves the nurse did not exist at all.

The military has lost records before - it's a big place. Heck I think at one time they had almost everybody's blood type wrong or put as type "O" on their dogtag, or I think that's how the story goes.

He may have a slight misspelling, or he may have made the name up from a composite, or made it up out of whole cloth; it's not clear.

Roswell has had its share of 'witnesses' who were then later 'debunked' by the UFO researchers themselves. People have an urge to be 'part of the story' so I guess you can forgive them some of that.

Sure makes it hard to get to the real truth, though.

The one thing about Roswell that has always puzzled me and this may seem very obvious, but where do you get 'Recovered a Flying Saucer' from a 'debris field half a mile long'?

How would anyone know what the debris once was?

This part, which is clearly in the newspapers at the time and thus a 'proven fact' (that it was said), makes some people believe that the debris field and what the army recovered were two different things.

In fact I suspect that what was told to Mac Brazel was to keep pretending that the debris field was the place and not to say anything about any other sites he may have known about.

Basically it was to grill him and intimidate him and confuse him and tell him he couldn't talk about any of it any more, from what I could piece together.

Take care.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Badge01]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join