It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa. firearm registration act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
[url=http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/Legis/PN/Public/btCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&sessYr=2007&sessInd=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=0760&pn=0881]Here[ /url] is a link to the pa. firearm registration act.In short it states that all pa. firearm owners MUST have all firearms registered.The cost is 10 dollars per gun and owners must be finger printed and have a background check.This must be done every year.Is this the first step in having our guns taken?Any input on thi

[edit on 10-4-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
www.legis.state.pa.us... Sorry all messed up the link

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Its not the first step. Its the final step. If they have a grand list of who has what it becomes alot easier to knock on your front door and "ask" you to hand them over.

You know what you do? Register them for a year, maybe two, pick a couple you really love, preferably chambered in an easy to find round, and phone them in stolen. Then hide them away from the prying government eyes.

When they come, hand over a few token pieces to show your utter compliance, love for the government and contempt for freedom then grab what theyve missed and make for the hills.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have 1 prior felony .I will not register mine to have them taken.I got some thinking to do.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This does not apply to:

Nonapplicability

.--This section shall not apply to:

(1) Firearms owned or under the direct control or custody of any Federal, State or local governmental authority maintained in the course of its official duties.

(2) Duty-related firearms owned and possessed by law enforcement officers who are not residents of this Commonwealth.

(3) Duty-related firearms owned and possessed by corrections officers who are not residents of this Commonwealth.

(4) Firearms owned, manufactured or processed by licensed manufacturers of firearms, bulk transporters or licensed sellers of firearms at wholesale or retail, provided
that such persons have all licenses required by law.

(5) Any nonresident of this Commonwealth participating in any lawful recreational firearm-related activity in this Commonwealth, or on the way to or from the firearm-related
activity in another jurisdiction, provided that the possession or control of the firearm is lawful in the jurisdiction in which the individual resides and that the weapon is either:

(i) Broken down in a nonfunctioning state.
(ii) Unloaded and enclosed in a case, firearm-carrying box, shipping box or other container.

(6) Private security personnel who possess or control any firearm or ammunition within this Commonwealth. Firearms under this paragraph shall be owned and maintained by the
security firm employing the security personnel and shall be registered by the security firm in accordance with this section.

emphasis:mine

I guess if you try to register your weapons and they decide that you are not worthy, someone will knock and the door and ask for these weapons, that registrants admitted to having in the written application, just to make sure you are in compliance....

As an added bonus, the state will reap the benefits of the (is it annually?) registration fees. (tax)

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Not sure if its every year,but there is a $10.00 fee per gun to register.Pa.has ALOT of hunters.Imagine the money made from this!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well It is good to see the results of left wing ideaology taking root for the final push to disarm the citizen. This may spark something that could wake some people up, but I highly doubt it. Good luck trying to get that to work in the rural areas if it is passed. I have met quite a few gun owners from that region and the only difference between them and gun owners here in the South is the accent. The people should have voted Santorum back in. The founding fathers would be real proud.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
They are taking an active "Inventory" of the guns lawfully owned in the state, er... Commonwealth. This will make it much easier to confiscate said guns when they are ready to abolish them - which I suspect will be MUCH sooner than later.

To my friends residing in the Commonwealth of PA... Engage in a civil disobediant tax revolt by NOT complying with this law!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Gun laws is PA are very very lax. Pretty much anyone can get a carry permit, unlike say NY where you must apply for one based on its use. Most get denied. When my friend from college (University of Pennsylvania) went to get a carry permit, the only thing they asked him for was to sign a release saying they could take you out of your car at gunpoint for even mundane traffic violations because you come up in the computer as possibly carrying a gun. They even gave him a funny look when he declined to buy a box of hollow tips. I think they're just trying to rein in the more lawless purchasers. If you were going to buy a gun to do a crime, you'd be less likely to if you knew your finger prints were connected to it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Gotta disagree with you there... Whenever you purchase a firearm, the sale is catalogued and reported to the federal gov't. That should be enough to keep honest people honest. Criminal don't normally go to the gun store and say, "Hey, I need a handgun that would work swell in a hold up... AND in a drive by shooting. What have you got?" No, they purchase hot weapons off hte streets. Do you honestly think that this STUPID TAX masquerading as a safety measure is going to stop black market gun trafficking or prevent criminals from obtaining guns???
Answer: NO it won't!

What it will do is create an active inventory of gun owners and EXACTLY what they have in their homes AND it will generate millions upon millions of dollars in TAX revenue for the Commonwealth (I love that term... Commonwealth - what a load of BS that is:lol
. This is clearly the first step in a much broader reaching plan for ultimate gun control.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I was watching this program from travel channel. Two english guys were hitchiking in US and they interviewed people along the way.
One guy started talking about the crimes in US and said that he is concerned about kids violence. He said that you can hear every now and then when some school kid pulls his daddy´s gun in school or somewhere and starts shooting. He said he would be surprised if he´d read an article or heard from TV about someone owning a gun and really defend their homes from looters or something.
So what is with you and your guns? I just dont get it. And Canadians have, I believe Ive read it somewhere, more guns that US citizens but they sure dont kill eachothers that much?

top topics

join