It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Africa Moors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THIS PEOPLE'S
OUR CAN YOU LEAD ME THE RIGHT DIRECTION?
THANKS

[Mod Edit: All Caps title]
Mod Edit: The use of All-Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
the Moors were Muslims that migrated through northern Africa to Spain and Europe in the Middle Ages. They were responsible for most of the mathematical, and technological advances of the time, and were largely responsible for the European renaissance. They brought us things that we use every day, like, well,

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 and 0.

They were also the ones that kept safe ancient knowledge from Greece, Egypt, and Persia while Christianity burned and destroyed anything that wasn't Christian. If it wasn't for the Moors, we wouldn't know half the stuff we know today.

Google Video Link

Here's a great, short documentary with much more information

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Not sure exactly what kind of info you're looking for but...
you may want to google "Melungeons", which are a people who came originally from ancient North Africa, migrated to Portugal and eventually made their way to the Appalachian Mountains where they still survive; however, Melungeons are also part black, part Native American and part white. Their descendents live in my town in NE Tennessee. They have an interesting history.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think he's looking for info on the Moors. They were a major part of Spanish, and European history in general, although the history books tend to leave it out.

If it weren't for the Moors, we would have lost most Mathematical knowledge gained by Ancient Greece and Persia, and we'd still have to write 888 as DCCCLXXXVIII.

Yay Moors!!!

And people say Islam never gave anything to the Western World

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
specifically he asked for ancient african moors
ancient is specifically defined as anything predating the end of the Roman Empire (a.d. 476)
so your Islamic number crunchers are far too recent to be applicable
the only ancient moors in africa before the end of the Roman Empire are these ones

Moorland or moor is a type of habitat found in upland areas, characterised by acidic soils. Moorland habitats are most extensive in the neotropics and tropical Africa but also occur in small scattered locations in northern and western Europe, Northern Australia, North America, Central Asia and the Indian Subcontinent

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
He also asked for the Moor people, not the land. I just think he didn't realize how recent their influence was. But now I get your joke Marduk.

Just for kicks though, I suggest watching that documentary. It's very interesting.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
thanks to all who replyed to my post thanks for the wealth of info you supplyed me , i was just wondering who was the people and why they were left out of history!!!!!
thanks to all have a pleasant day

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
nice video rasobasi420 thanks a whole lot

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
stewartsynopsis.com... this is what got me wondering who were the moorish people tell me what you think all input well help

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
its heavily agendised afrocentrist rubbish
it assumes that all white people are racists and that they don't know the truth about the glorious history of the "negrito race"
but hey
thats just my opinion as a white racist historic redactionist
apparently

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It may be an afrocentric site in general, but in regards to the Moors, they were African, and they were responsible for bringing much of the mathematical, architectual, and agricultural knowledge that brought Europe out of the dark ages. At the same time, Europeans in power were trying to burn and destroy that knowledge, while torturing and murdering those that taught it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It may be an afrocentric site in general, but in regards to the Moors, they were African, and they were responsible for bringing much of the mathematical, architectual, and agricultural knowledge that brought Europe out of the dark ages. At the same time, Europeans in power were trying to burn and destroy that knowledge, while torturing and murdering those that taught it.

uhuh

In historiography, the term Dark Ages or Dark Age most commonly refers to the European Early Middle Ages, the period encompassing (roughly) 476 to 1000.

en.wikipedia.org...
too early for the Moors to have had much to do with it

During the 12th and 13th century in Europe there was a radical change in the rate of new inventions, innovations in the ways of managing traditional means of production, and economic growth. The period saw major technological advances, including the invention of cannon, spectacles, and artesian wells; and the cross-cultural introduction of gunpowder, silk, the compass, and the astrolabe from the east. There were also great improvements to ships and the clock. The latter advances made possible the dawn of the Age of Exploration. At the same time huge numbers of Greek and Arabic works on medicine and the sciences were translated and distributed throughout Europe. Aristotle especially became very important, his rational and logical approach to knowledge influencing the scholars at the newly forming universities which were absorbing and disseminating the new knowledge during the 12th Century Renaissance.

en.wikipedia.org...
how odd
this quote doesnt say anything about the moorish mathematical, architectual, and agricultural knowledge that brought Europe out of the dark ages.

says it was the Arabs

but what do I know
according to that webpage i am a ventriloquist dummie

and you know
it doesnt mention the Moors anywhere either

if you want the real truth about the Moors you'll find an unbiased opinion here
en.wikipedia.org...
mind you
it might be a racist white plot so be careful

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Marduk, i posted that link earlier.

Have you watched that video yet? it explains a lot about the Moorish history in Spain and Portugal.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
oops yeah didn't notice sorry
still its worth repeating anyway

I watched the first 15 minutes or so
I thought it was a fraudulent case of advertising

short documentary

haven't got the time to watch videos today (busy with p) that are almost 2 hours long
I'll try and get round to it tommorrow although I've probably heard most of it already
I'm quite boned up on my history

what you could tell me though is how I find out how to embed videos like that in my posts
I did see the circular that came round but obviously didn't understand it as everytime I try that it doesnt work
cheers
M

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
its heavily agendised afrocentrist rubbish
it assumes that all white people are racists and that they don't know the truth about the glorious history of the "negrito race"
but hey
thats just my opinion as a white racist historic redactionist
apparently

Well can you explain what makes it rubbish? I mean I know its pretty biased, but can you point out the "rubbish" parts of it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
how about we start with how the author defines race and work our way down from there
there is only one race of humans on this planet
its homo sapiens sapiens
her claim for instance

Sheer evidence shows the EXODUS was FROM Africa--NOT TO AFRICA. If you know anything about the color theory, you would know every color comes from black--meaning that Africans produced all members of mankind.

is subjectively racist
to start with when OOA occurred it was not called Africa
she claims elsewhere that Africa is so called because it was named by imperialist latin speakers
when in fact it was named after the Afri people of Tunisia with the suffix ca (land). The Romans actually called it Africa Terra which means "land of the Afri"
en.wikipedia.org...
she also names these OOA world travellers as Negritos

The Negritos are a semi-nomadic group in Southeast Asia. They include the Aeta, Ati and at least 25 other tribes of the Philippines, the Semang of the Malay peninsula, the Mani of Thailand and 12 Andamanese tribes of the Andaman Islands. The Malay term for them is orang asli, or original people. They are likely the indigenous people of Southeast Asia, including New Guinea. Pygmy-sized, they are numerically and physically among the smallest as well as among the least-known of all living human groups. The Negrito peoples have one of the purest genetic pools of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) among anyone in humankind so their mtDNA serves as a baseline in studying Genetic Drift.[1] Occasionally, some Negrito are referred to as Pygmies, bundling them with unrelated peoples of similar physical stature in Central Africa.[2

en.wikipedia.org...
so she couldnt even get that right
most of the details are like that, born out of a basic misunderstanding of the facts
I cjecked out Marsha Stewart
she doesnt know anything about history
and she has a clear agenda to distort the truth
shes generally described as an afrocentrist
a pseudohistorian

one reviewer on Amazon described one of her books as

Set firmly in the afrocentrist tradition of GGM James, JH Clarke, and JA Rogers, this junk is a classic example of pseudo-history. Again and again, we see speculation and rumor ("it has been said" appears again and again in the text) presented later in the book as established fact. Repeatedly, the only citations for the assertions made refer to other afrocentrist authors, particularly Rogers. Very little use of legitimate primary sources is made; evidently using archival material, in the eyes of the author, only plays into the hands of the conspiritorial White Establishment.

www.amazon.com...

I read quite a lot of the site and have read a lot of Afrocentrist stuff before
imo Dr Clyde A Winters is the best around because he at least doesn't insult his readership or belittle them like this girl does
and he at least does know the actual details

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The Melungeon race in the US is an interesting one! I'm Melungeon as was my mother, grandmother and all the way back to the ship that abandoned the Moors on Roanoke. My Grandma's family originated in W. Virginia/Appalacian Mts. My Great Grandfather was med complexion, blue eyes and African American hair, very tight and curly. If you saw me you would never know I had such heritage but I do have a few traits most caucasians don't. The natives in US referred to the Melungeon as "Portugee" beause most of the Moors were from Portugal when they departed for the new world. Many of them escaping religious clensing.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
nd they were responsible for bringing much of the mathematical, architectual, and agricultural knowledge that brought Europe out of the dark ages.

Who told you this? Metullurgy developed in German speaking regions and literature and math developed in Italy, far from Moorish occupied Spain.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by etotheitheta
Who told you this? Metullurgy developed in German speaking regions and literature and math developed in Italy, far from Moorish occupied Spain.

Okay, a few things,

1. Metallurgy developed in many places, and at different times, with different metals an alloys. And most of the architecture produced throughout Europe had little metal in them, aside from door handles and such.

2. Literature and math also developed in many places a many different times. As a matter of fact, the words Algebra, and Algorithm come from the Moors

About 810- Al-Khwarizmi writes important works on arithmetic, algebra, geography, and astronomy. In particular Hisab al-jabr w'al-muqabala (Calculation by Completion and Balancing), gives us the word "algebra", from "al-jabr". From al-Khwarizmi's name, as a consequence of his arithmetic book, comes the word "algorithm".

lahabra.seniorhigh.net...

Here's a little more about the history of math.
en.wikipedia.org...

Edit: Oh wait, I see the significance of metallurgy. It's used for making swords, and fighting, and making war, and dominance. At least it was for it's early stages. The Catholic church had swords, which they used to forcibly kill and destroy people briinging in new knowledge for centuries.

Europe was hindered by their rulers for millenia.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Rasobasi420]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join