It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are more people looking up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
With the recent numbers released for UFO sightings in Canada, showing that they are still quite high ( not as high as the year before ).

Does this mean more people are looking up at the sky, in hopes of seeing something?

My thoughts are, with more topics and issues being 'Joe Public Acceptable', UFO sightings are being reported more now than they were many moons ago.

People seem more likely not to worry about being ostersized by their peers when it comes to reporting something that may be deemed 'off the wall' by others.

It may not be that there are any more sightings then previous years, just that people feel more comfortable reporting them now.

The numbers could have been this high ( if not higher ) all along.

Any takers on this theory?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
yep im am i walked my dogs yesterday and i was looking into the sky the hole time just hoping to see something.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Grailkeeper.
Yes ,I think a growing number of people are taking the subject seriously (and that can only be a good thing).
Also,increasing numbers are reading good quality,objective literature about the UFO phenomenon (Good,Dolan,Vallee,Hyneck)and realising that its becoming more and more presumptuous to blatantly ignore sworn eyewtitness testimony from trained military observers(not to mention radar and sonar corellation).
Declassified 'Freedom of information act' documents also help folks to conclude that governments from around the world take a keen interest in the subject.
Of course you will always have your hystericaly prejudiced ,narrow minded cynics but on the whole I think many folks are impartial enough to see that this subject is not all fantasy.
Cheers Karl
PS Liked the cannibal joke -heres another.
One cannibal was crying,the another said "Whats up?" The first said "Ive just dumped my girlfreind"

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i also think yes for the same reasons. but you have to be very careful when it comes to ufo sighting because some are by people who truly beleive what they saw and others are just people want to be special.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I look up as often as I can, or out the window. just hoping to catch a glance.

Only have seen 2 things, not even sure what they where, but no good ones yet.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I live close to a nuclear power facility and have seen one instance of a UFO already. But, that was 20 years ago now. For about 15 of those years, I just ignored the skies mainly because the sighting, confirmed by 2 others who were with me, became just an odd 'blip' in my experiences... something which was better off unsaid.

Then I found ATS...

...and now I'm always watching the skies.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'm wondering if anybody has done a study on how many people have seen something in the sky and not reported it.

Is there any stats available stating a 'guesstimation' on how many sightings reported or not?

exp. 1 out of 6 people in the world or 1 out of 1000 have seen a ufo .... etc.

new topics

top topics

join