It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most Haunting song ever written?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
EVER
Lady Eleanor
Certainly a serious contender for the most haunting son ever written and I saw it performed live on stage on one of their many U.K. tours which were usually around Christmas time.
The atmsosphere was eerily captured with stage mist effects and an haunting figure ithe back ground.
Superb.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There are some really good songs up, I thought I would add one of my favs.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by Mr Mxyztplk]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't like that Simon and Garfunkel song.

How bout Lennon's imagine

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
Well theres Spancil Hill preformed by Christy Moore and Shane Macgowan, it's not their song but out of all the preformances I've heard of it, this is the best.

Are you Irish, I was surprised you knew Spancill Hill or Christy Moore, I liked a song of his, voyage
www.youtube.com...

that isn't Christy in that clip, was the only one i found on youtube

[edit on 13-4-2007 by golddragnet]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
while I prefer Animals or Atom Heart Mother, The Dark Side of the Moon is haunting from beginning to end. For you viewing pleasure I now give you, (parts one thru four) The Dark Side of the Rainbow.

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Crakeur]

[edit on 14-4-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet

Are you Irish, I was surprised you knew Spancill Hill or Christy Moore, I liked a song of his, voyage

[edit on 13-4-2007 by golddragnet]

hehe, no I'm not irish but I do like the Pogues and I was brought up around a lot of irish folk when I was little because my dad likes that kind of music (no he's not irish either lol)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
crakuer, the Dark Side of the Rainbow thing is pretty off. I know that there are some things in it that "seem" to match, but I could listen to DSOTM and watch a lava lamp and it would go together.

TheRanchMan

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I agree about the Wizard of Oz thing being off, I watched a couldn't pick up anything sigificantly syncronised - and just think, if they'd started the songs a few seconds later, the few syncs there are wouldn't match up at all ^_^

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Alone Again, Naturally :w:

YouTube Link

[edit on 4/19/2007 by RRex13]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is my fav song of all time,I just can't stop listening to it.It's quite haunting so I thought I'd post it up.Prefer the studio version but acoustically/live it's great too

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Ok, got another one.

MAD WORLD.
Featured in the Movie Donnie Darko. As well as a commercial for a video game, "gears of war", which is where I heard this version.

Mad World
performed by Gary Jules

Back in the Early 80's, the original was recorded by Tears for Fears.
In 1983, I believe. Almost a dance tune, in my opinion.
Here is that version.

Which do you like better?

[edit on 22-8-2007 by spacedoubt]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
while I won't discount the first version, Gary Jules' is pretty damned good. The Tears for Fears album that Mad World is found on is a hell of a good 80's disc.

as to the Wiz of Oz, here's a few tidbits that will make you wonder:

Chimes and Bells start ringing as the Wicked Witch appears riding her bicycle.
Side 1 of the album (vinyl) is exactly as long as the black & white portion of the film
The cash register in Money is heard right as color is seen in Oz (money = color)
'Brain Damage' plays as the Scarecrow sings 'If I Only Had a Brain'
Heartbeat heard at the end of the album is heard as Dorothy listens at the Tin Man's chest

here's a link with some other coincidences.
www.ingsoc.com...

there are many more. if you've never seen it, it is well worth the watch. I'm not saying it's intentional, just saying it's wild.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hazard by Richard Marx

Fictional story about two kids/teenagers who met when one family moved to the town of Hazard. Evidently everyone in the town was really weird except this boy and girl, who used to go to a nearby river to get away and be themselves. One day the girl mysteriously dies when she goes to the river alone, and the entire town blames the boy since he was her close friend, and they always hung out at the river. It's a really interesting story told in the song, and the music, i always thought, was quite haunting.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Eyes closed..relax..silence...enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lady Eleanor by Lindisfarne is my No:1 in the haunting song list.
Uninvited sung by the enigmatic Alanis Morrisette in second place.
and a newcomer to my list isSleeping Sun

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
the hands down winner is definately ...

this mortal coil - song to the siren

which can be heard here (plus accompanying video comp for farscape fans)

a very close second would be this spanish version of roy orbison's 'crying' from the film mullholland drive...
llorando which just makes the hairs on your neck stand up on end

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Before Judy Garland ruined her voice with smoking and drinking, she was probably the best vocalist in Hollywood.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
i think i would also have to add ...

art garfunkel - bright eyes (from the film watership down)
because when the favourite of all my cats got killed this song just summed it all up and i couldn't get it out of my head for 3 days solid.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Haunting as in Scary would be anything by Nick Cave or The Birthday Party, the man is truly disturbing.

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Try this one..

9 Crimes - Damien Rice.

[edit on 2-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
going to add a few ennio morricone tracks as well as i'm a big fan of his.

i've been reduced to tears on many an occasion by just listening to the unparalleled beauty and range of emotions he can bring out in any music (especially pan pipes) when his heart is in it (he has made an awful lot of filler crap to pay the rent also).

i don't know any other composer who's music ever moved me more than the film itself and they wouldn't be half the films they were without his music to complete them

from the films........

'casualties of war'
1. casualties of war
2. the healing

'the mission'
1. on earth as it is in heaven
2. gabriel's oboe

'kill bill'
il tramanto

'once upon a time in america'
1. 'once upon a time in america
2. cockeye's song