It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most Haunting song ever written?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

I played that, then got a phone call. When I returned, my machine had "shut down due to thermal event"...So yeah..haunted it is!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
A few that come to mind, a couple of the saddest I've ever heard too.

Sleepwalk - Santo & Johnny
We All Fall in Love Somtimes/Curtains - Elton John
Psycho - Jack Kittel
Guess I'm Doin' Fine - Beck
Veronica - Elvis Costello

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was getting all ready to participate in this thread but then I read what Shar was saying about the Pinkfloyd track. Honestly I think I'd decimate some of the posters here if I joined in so...restraining myself...

I will point out though that a failure to enjoy music will have more to do with which harmonies & chords you are 'used too' & have grown up with, than anything else.

-B.M

[edit on 22/7/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've loved reading these ten pages. You guys have excellent taste in music.

I'm not sure if you said anything about Vitas, but his 'Cranes Crying' is just amazing.

I've never done this before, so am not sure it will imbed... but.

www.youtube.com...

If that doesn't raise the hair on the back of your neck then you don't have a neck.

Opera 2 is another good one. Even the video is haunting. Naked ghetto accordian fish man stalks girl. Blows out all the glass in every window for miles around. Jilted love... Oh oh, there go the fish bowls.

www.youtube.com...

Not exactly what you'd expect from an opera singer.

Another that is noteworthy is 'Smile', which starts off normal enough. You'd think he WASN'T a dolphin.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
As for classical music (which I tend not to be fond of), my absolute favorite for being haunting is Mussorgsky's "A Night on the Bare Mountain". I once went cross-country by bicycle and camped on Bear Mountain in New York in October. The wind howled and I knew exactly why it was called 'Bear Mountain'.

www.youtube.com...

Another, which came out in 1972, which I liked was Eumir Deodato's 2001 a Space Odyssey version (also sprach zarathustra).

Here's a nice rendition with the Earth below you and shuttle shots that let you see the 3D clouds far below:.

www.youtube.com...

It raises to hair-raising crescendos.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Nobody has mentioned Kate Bush at all.

She has many which are haunting (as does Bjork).

How about "Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)"

www.youtube.com...

or how about "Hounds of Love" with the sounds of her barking dog sounds. (I'm not putting the links to the music videos because theyr'e stupid).

www.youtube.com...

Another rather haunting song that I love to sing is "Carnival" by Natalie Merchant:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The fields of athenry an irish tune about the irish famine and what the brits did.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am a HUGE Smith's fan so I would have to offer this next song as my contribution...

The Smith's - Asleep

It represent's the human soul at it's lowest ebb.......But I agree with the poster on youtube who describes's it as "as beautiful as it is ghastly" Which is why I find it haunting.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join