It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor that Critisized Bush Added to Terrorist Watch List

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Professor that Critisized Bush Added to Terrorist Watch List

rawstory.com

A top Constitutional scholar from Princeton who gave a televised speech that slammed President George W. Bush's executive overreach was recently told that he had been added to the Transportation Security Administration's terrorist watch list. He shared his experience this weekend at the law blog Balkinization.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If you read further on in the article, it states that a clerk working at the airport told him that people that attend peace marches are often added to the list...THIS is what scares me the most. If you attend a protest, chances are you'll be added to the list.

But to be added for criticizing the President is pretty scary as well.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Not really a big surprise. There have been profiles kept on many peace seeking individuals & organizations apparently they are perceived as some type of threat. It just shows the true cowardice of government and another tool used to oppress. Kudos to those that rock the boat as you should always question the idiots in charge.

brill

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Not really a big surprise. There have been profiles kept on many peace seeking individuals & organizations apparently they are perceived as some type of threat. It just shows the true cowardice of government and another tool used to oppress. Kudos to those that rock the boat as you should always question the idiots in charge.

brill

Can't descrive it better.. cowardice

[edit on 9-4-2007 by frenzy_boy]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I created a poster for just this type of occasion. Sorry, I don't know how to post it directly into here - but it can be view at this link:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I wonder if any ATS members are on the list
I myself have tread the fringe of criticizing the President on occasion so I wonder if I'm on the list
ATS is a smorgasbord of Bush criticism, so are pages of ATS scanned for trouble makers by the government??

[edit on 9-4-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Very funny and very scary at the same time. While I was laphing my head off at this poor man I was thinking this is oppression at its best(worst). This shows how scared they are of the people, and they should be! People are the masters, the government is the servant, not the other way around!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
And how long until the war on terror widens(WWIII?) and they start rounding up people on the terrorist watch list. The average american will chear them on! After all, it's called the "Terrorist Watch List" for a reason right? Those people on the list must be up to no good. Just like the professor here, how dare he use his right to free speach! And those peace demonstators, how dare they exercise their first amendment rights.

We are doomed.

Vas

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I am not surprised at this, nor is this the first time I have heard of something like this. I have heard tales from peace activist, their biggest crime, eating home made chocolate chip cookies. Another was a 16 year old student. He is a big supporter of the democrates, blogged such and was told he could not attend a speech the president was going to make. This is just another question as to what the President is hiding.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I seem to remember that Donald Trump and Matt Damon publically criticized the president a little while ago. Does this mean that they are on the same list as the professor?
IMHO, i wouldn't be surprised

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It seems like it is getting dangerous to have and voice an opinion these days. What is the world coming to?

I wonder if they have to notify you if you are on the list?
It says in that article that the "Professor was told that he's on the list"
Wonder if that was an official notification or if someone found out by accident.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

"Professor was told that he's on the list"

I would assum they would tell you if you tried to board a plane with luggage like he did, at least thats what I got from the story. Otherwize I dont think you would ever know...unless they decide they need to round people up.

edit cause I didnt quote that right

[edit on 9-4-2007 by Slade88green]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ive also wondered wether ats would be watched, and certain members on the list.

Im pretty sure if this is true, id be on there. I have deep concerns about this admin and I voice it everywhere i go, this site isnt a fraction of my criticisms for bush.
Hell I sent the whitehouse 27 emails to all listed adress accusing them of treason and advising them theres overwhealming evidence that will one day have them tried and convicted.
I didnt get a reply but!

Ive already been to the US, had the eyescan and all that done, so i wonder if my next visit might have me searched before entry?>

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I guess we are nexe to be target on the list.
Soon we wont be able to disagree with the Goverment about anything.
I have to wonder, if they have a program that targets any IP adress that the word GW-BUSH is typ on the internet, and they are putting us on a Terrorist
watch list.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by cashlink]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I really wish I could say I was surprised at this, but . . . I'm not.

Scared, yes. Surprised . . . not so much. I've wondered when this sort of thing would start happening (or become widespread enough that it was noticed in the media).

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If true, this is a disturbing story.

There are others like it.

For example:

Activist contends passport stall tied to anti-war efforts

Thomas Hays, 38, says he applied for a passport with his birth certificate, Social Security card and Washington state identification card in February. He then received a surprise in the mail at the end of the month when the government said it needed much more documentation -- some of which is difficult to quickly obtain -- to give him a passport.

The State Department says it wanted Hays to provide "school transcripts, high school yearbook pages showing your name and photograph, religious records, medical records, (and) tax/employment records."

All the records, including a full residential record and the names, addresses and phone numbers of immediate family, had to be submitted within 30 days. Hays submitted as much information as he could, but a full employment record has to be obtained through the Social Security Administration, which can take three to six weeks and cost $52.50.

More...

See, also, the actual State Dept. Letter

You can't help but wonder if everything we believed about our great nation is not only at risk...but some of it already gone.

I hope there are very good reasons for both of these stories... But I fear the answer that says there are not.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by loam]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
There have been profiles kept on many peace seeking individuals & organizations apparently they are perceived as some type of threat.

Peace seekers are a threat to the security of the state.

The state must be involved in warfare all the time in order for it to survive.

They knew they were doomed in the 1960's when the hippies started thier foul peace protests. That right around the time when the WTC was planned and built - Co-incidence - I think not.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
You can't help but wonder if everything we believed about our great nation is not only at risk...but some of it already gone.

It's more likely that we were never really free, but in fact *they* have always maintained control over us under the guise of freedom.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Does any one know how to find and view the watch list? Or how to find out if you or any one by name is on the watch list?
That would be a good place for everyone hear to start.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
It's more likely that we were never really free, but in fact *they* have always maintained control over us under the guise of freedom.

Shoot me for being an optimist!

I understand the argument for that position...and find the prospect chilling... but, I'd prefer to think that if that was ever true, it was the game that got away from the gamers...and now someone is trying to take it back.

Hopefully, justice and freedom will prevail in our nation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join