It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow moving UFO at sunrise

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It moves and rises together with the clouds wich highly indicates that this is in fact a craft leaving a chemtrail coming towards the man who took the shot.U see these crafts every day in clear blue skies for instance, only here u see one at sunset wich makes sense that it turns out black.I have personally seen this effect when the sun was that low on the horizon, it doesent take a genius to see this.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by onbekend59]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If it was an aircraft coming towards me, surely I'd see wings and a tail (even faintly) in the zoomed in picture? Also, the object looks about half of the width of the trail. The trail of a plane is usually the same width than the plane itself, if not slightly bigger.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
have you seen it again? have you manged to upload the full video yet you said it was 10 mins long im still going with it being a stick lol

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godlesswanderer
Sorry for the double post but I've managed to upload the video. Uploading it has reduced the quality quite a bit but it's the only way I could upload it.

www.dailymotion.com...

If you watch closely, it rises very slowly. It's barely noticable unless you pay attention to it where it is at the start of the video and where it is at the end.

It's almost certainly a contrail, backlit by the rising sun. Everything is consistent with that, and this is a very common occurrence.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienhunters
have you seen it again? have you manged to upload the full video yet you said it was 10 mins long im still going with it being a stick lol

Erm... I never said it was 10 minutes long. The only thing I said regarding the length was that it was about 30 seconds long.
And, I havn't seen it again.

Originally posted by disownedsky
It's almost certainly a contrail, backlit by the rising sun. Everything is consistent with that, and this is a very common occurrence.

When I'm talking about the object, I mean the object creating the contrail. I think this has gotten a bit mixed up over the length of the thread.
Just to make sure, I know the black line is a trail of some kind. What I don't know (and what I want to know) is what created the trail.

[edit on 11/4/07 by Godlesswanderer]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
do you know how far from the ground the object was and where did it ?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure how far away from the ground it was. People seem to be assuming it was on the top of the hill. It definitely wasn't on top of the hill, I would have heard it if it was. I expect that it was quite a way behind the hill.
And where did it what?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
did you see where it went afterwards did it go straight into the sky? and roughly how far away was it from you

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Shortly after I took the picture the object stopped rising and the trail started to fade. I would guess that, assuming it was terrestrial, it either broke through the clouds or simply cut off engines and fell out of the sky. The latter being the least likely option.

[edit on 11/4/07 by Godlesswanderer]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
do you know if anyone else saw it

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Probably. Assuming the object was far away there were most likely people closer to the object that would have had a better view. But like I said, it was at about 6:30am and I doubt many people were outside. Chances are the majority of people were still asleep.
I saw two children on the opposite side of the field, playing on a goalpost for a little while. But unless they were watching the sunrise, I don't think they would have seen it.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ok im not sure what it is yet but i no of a place where i can ask some people you dont mind if i borrow you vidoe link do you?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It certainly looks like a missile or rocket launch to me. The bend in the trail even adds support to that fact. The bend would be where the rocket goes form flying straight up off the pad, and enters its arc over the earth. There was a missile defense test on April the 6th, but if you took this film in the UK then that cannot be what you filmed unless they launched more missiles at various locations then they are admitting too. The other obvious option is that it is a contrail from a normal aircraft and only appears to be going straight up do to its angle. The cold, moist, morning air is ideal for contrail formation.

I live in Loughton, Essex, England. In the direction the trail came from, there's not really much nearby that could house a secret missile silo.

what direction were you facing? Were you facing toward the Atlantic ocean?

There's fields, a railroad and a town or two. I would have thought if there were secret missile silos, they would be in quiet, out of the way areas. My town (and surrounding towns) are very close to London. Surely they'd pick somewhere not so close to a capital city?

Whatever it was might not have been in London, but a hundred miles past it out in the ocean. It might have been a naval guided missile test, or exercise.

But I would have thought a missile launch would create a lot of noise and at 6am on a Friday morning would wake a few people up.

You must understand that you can see a rocket or missile launch over a tremendous amount of distance due to the altitude of the vehicle. This distance is well beyond the range of the sound that comes from it. For example I live exactly 130 miles from Cape Canaveral and, this is how clear the shuttle looks from my city, yet there is no sound accompanying it.

If it was an aircraft coming towards me, surely I'd see wings and a tail (even faintly) in the zoomed in picture?

Nope at 30,000 feet an aircraft looks like a little silver speck, it’s almost impossible to pick out detail with the naked eye. Remember that 30,000 feet is darn near 6 miles up.

Shortly after I took the picture the object stopped rising and the trail started to fade. I would guess that, assuming it was terrestrial, it either broke through the clouds or simply cut off engines and fell out of the sky.

If it was a aircraft it might have hit warm air raising which would abruptly end the contrail. If it was a Rocket or Missile launch then the contrail would end once the object entered orbit, finished the power phase of its flight, or was destroyed.

edit: fix the friggen links...

[edit on 4/11/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I suggest wait for a day with exactly the same weather conditions like on that day (thats the difficult part I confess) go to that location when the sunset and I bet you would see this pehnomen again then because I say this were planes.

Alternative you can go there at day with a very very big zoom (that plane were far out!) and whatch if you see flying planes following the same path as the trace you observed. That's not as simple as it sounds though.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
you should send it to www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

ok im not sure what it is yet but i no of a place where i can ask some people you dont mind if i borrow you vidoe link do you?

Not at all, go for it. I wouldn't post the link if I didn't want it shared around.

Originally posted by defcon5what direction were you facing? Were you facing toward the Atlantic ocean?

I was facing to the East when I took the picture. So I would have been facing towards the North Sea.

Originally posted by defcon5Whatever it was might not have been in London, but a hundred miles past it out in the ocean. It might have been a naval guided missile test, or exercise.

I heard that the UK Trident subs sometimes run test lanches and/or training exercises in the North Sea so maybe it was that?

Originally posted by defcon5Nope at 30,000 feet an aircraft looks like a little silver speck, it’s almost impossible to pick out detail with the naked eye. Remember that 30,000 feet is darn near 6 miles up.

True. I don't recall ever seeing an aircraft that high up in this area though, I can always make out the shape of the aircraft. I know they regularly travel at that altitude but I've never seen it.

Originally posted by g210bI suggest wait for a day with exactly the same weather conditions like on that day (thats the difficult part I confess) go to that location when the sunset and I bet you would see this pehnomen again then because I say this were planes.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Originally posted by g210bAlternative you can go there at day with a very very big zoom (that plane were far out!) and whatch if you see flying planes following the same path as the trace you observed. That's not as simple as it sounds though.

Yeah, that'd be kind of hard with my camera though. It's a Fujifilm Finepix S9500 and because of that I can't attach any other lenses.
Also, the picture I currently have of the object and trail was at maximum optical zoom. I didn't try the digital zoom as that would have degraded the quality of the picture.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I heard that the UK Trident subs sometimes run test lanches and/or training exercises in the North Sea so maybe it was that?

I've never seen a black con-trail before, but this is probably what you saw/captured I think!? It's the only thing that I can think of, which fits the bill.. it's just the blackness of it that bothers me.. the sun should have been lighting it up like a beacon, judging from the apparent sun-angle, and you would at the very least expect to see a "silver-lining" effect under those conditions.. very odd!!

Might I suggest that you try e-mailing Dr. Tony Phillips who maintains this page here, which often has examples of strange atmospheric phenomena, and ask him if he could help explain what could be going on here, I'm sure if anyone can help he can (or has the contacts who can
).

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
That photo posted by DefCon5 a few posts above this one is extraordinary! From 130 miles away the shuttle's exhaust trail looks like it's as wide as a city block. I suppose it would have to be at least that wide to be seen so clearly at such a distance. Thanks for posting that photo!

Based on that photo, the video which started this thread looks like it too is a rocket launch, but MUCH further away. Because the sun had not risen yet, the exhaust trail appears black, just as low clouds appear dark before the rises over the horizon and illuminates them.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
the people i asked said that it could have been a rocket launch or a smoke column most of the people were none believes and were more interested in the bird flying over the top.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D....the sun should have been lighting it up like a beacon, judging from the apparent sun-angle, and you would at the very least expect to see a "silver-lining" effect under those conditions.. very odd!!

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. Unless it was very, very dark smoke (almost pitch black) I would have thought there would be at least a "silver-lining" effect. Maybe even a small spot of the contrail being lit up by the sun.

Originally posted by carewemustBased on that photo, the video which started this thread looks like it too is a rocket launch, but MUCH further away.

I took a look at Google earth and it looks like over 130 miles away would place it around the South of Holland or North-East Germany, depending how much further away it was.

Originally posted by carewemustBecause the sun had not risen yet, the exhaust trail appears black, just as low clouds appear dark before the rises over the horizon and illuminates them.

That would make sense but in this case the sun had risen over the horizon but not over the hill. So surely the sun would be illuminating the trail as it is very far away?

the people i asked said that it could have been a rocket launch or a smoke column most of the people were none believes and were more interested in the bird flying over the top.

Sorry, but without any punctuation and/or grammar, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join