It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow moving UFO at sunrise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samblak
and most importantly why waste our time.

You registered to the wrong forum today, if thats the caliber of your posts.

*sigh*

[edit on 10/4/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
when you was taking this video you could not have been that far away, why didnt you go and check it out, also the craft looks very think to be a rocket and leaves no smoke cloud in its trail which would come from the heat underneath, the guy that suggested that the stick looks like it moving with the sun rise might be correct because as it gets lighter the object glows.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
LMFAO @ this post, i cnat believe that "stick" or "object" has even been labeled a UFO,First of all its not even FLYING, its stationary. And secondly Im not sure what the OP was thinking but i would have gone and checked it out to see what it was.
Im not trying to put down the op's video but cmon man its getting abit ridiculous, how far was the object from you? looks like a branch mate

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i totally agree with you he said that his phone battery was low so he had to stop recording if that was me i would have got closer to the object and got some good shots of it but to me it just looks like he has drawn a line in paint and animated it somehow. can it be called an USLO

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gtirlad2
LMFAO @ this post, i cnat believe that "stick" or "object" has even been labeled a UFO,First of all its not even FLYING, its stationary. And secondly Im not sure what the OP was thinking but i would have gone and checked it out to see what it was.
Im not trying to put down the op's video but cmon man its getting abit ridiculous, how far was the object from you? looks like a branch mate

Actually it does move if you watch the video and speed it up...

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Just a thought;

Have you tried using Google Earth, and searching the approximate area of where you think the missile launches were (if thats what they were)? You should do this and see if there is anything suspicious in the general area.

Could you post the co-ordinates of where you were exactly when u took the pictures?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
IMHO - aircraft contrails , i would need to see the uncompressed vid and more pictures to advance breyond the following tentative speculations :

if an A/C is flying almost straigh at you - it will APPEAR to rise verically over the horizon

the dark colour of the trail is a shadow of the undeside - at certain angles they appear bright becaise sunlight is reflected - here they are dark because they are shadowed

the " dog leg " in the trail is a way point , most likley over a VOR beacon

there - a plausible and mundane explaination , which if my assumptions based on limited facts are correct

PS - you state in one post that thier are no airports :

what about london southend ? does that not count . further city of london is SSW of you .

EDIT - bad bearing - SSW not WSW

also to add - Stansted to the NE has appoach routes criss crossing essex [ for required vert / horizontal separation ]

[edit on 10-4-2007 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godlesswanderer

Originally posted by g210b
Hmm I believe that trail is in the sky and not grounded.
If you check the viedeo and move the slider fast from start to the end you see the trace moveing with the clouds.

Because the cloud on the left is black I think it could be a trail of a plane.

The only thing I do not get..you say it disapeared and reapeard 3 times??
I had liked to see that disapearing and reapearing But when its an airway this could be.
In what time span did it apear and disapear?

I should have probably worded that better. I meant as in, the trail faded then another object appeared and looked like was following the exact same trail. After the 2nd trail faded, another object appeared and followed the same trail. After this 3rd trail faded there were no more objects.

This all happened over about 30 minutes. Each trail taking about 5 minutes to finish then another 5 minutes for the trail to fade.

This would all fit to a Jet airway.
I believe that trail is high in the sky, horizontal and not vertical.
Think about it, you used a big zoom. How you want to tell that it was a vertical trail? The whole trail moves sideward with the clouds. Same speed.
Fades out, Jet trails do that. Reapear, another jet same airways. Is slow, of course it's in a large distance.

On a vertical trail I had expected to lose its form because of wind (sidemovement). But that does not happen. The whole trail keeps its form moves and moves sideward with the clouds.

The only thing that speaks a little against a jet trail is the form (looks to be round not flat) of the trail.
But can we really be sure about the form if seen in abig distance and in light conditions that invert the colors.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by g210b]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hi godlesswander

Im from the UK myself and i know that it's not a rocket because for one, we rarely do rockets.. especially from the Essex area and secondly its not moving fast enough.

Its not a stick either because it has a steady rate of movement and nobody's hands are that steady!

The only thing i can think of is that it's the contrail of a plane which is somehow shadowed because of the position of the sun.. but then again surely with the sun below the horizon it would 'uplight' the contrail making it brighter.

Hmm very interesting

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I checked out the video. It's definitely an alien spacecraft. With this irrefutable new proof, no longer will believers be mocked!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to you that this is a plane contrail? Well, that's what I think it is.

Notice how the kink stays in the same place, yet the top of it moves upwards? This indicates that it must not be a solid object. The kink was just the plane turning.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by PisTonZOR]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The belittling of members and off topic posts will cease now.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
possible a chemtrail

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Hi godlesswander

Im from the UK myself and i know that it's not a rocket because for one, we rarely do rockets.. especially from the Essex area and secondly its not moving fast enough.

Its not a stick either because it has a steady rate of movement and nobody's hands are that steady!

The only thing i can think of is that it's the contrail of a plane which is somehow shadowed because of the position of the sun.. but then again surely with the sun below the horizon it would 'uplight' the contrail making it brighter.

Hmm very interesting

To be honest, my first thought was that it was a plane but before I saw this object I saw a plane contrail going horizontally over the sun which was a pinkish orange colour. So I assumed that if it was a plane, it would be the same colour.

Originally posted by ignorant_apePS - you state in one post that thier are no airports :

what about london southend ? does that not count . further city of london is SSW of you .

EDIT - bad bearing - SSW not WSW

also to add - Stansted to the NE has appoach routes criss crossing essex [ for required vert / horizontal separation ]

Sorry, I meant to say that there aren't any major airports in the direction that I took the picture. There are a few airports nearby but they are all in the direction of London which, as you said, is SSW. The camera was facing to the East.
I checked Google Earth and there are airports to the North, South and West of me but not East

Originally posted by shrunkensimon
Just a thought;

Have you tried using Google Earth, and searching the approximate area of where you think the missile launches were (if thats what they were)? You should do this and see if there is anything suspicious in the general area.

Could you post the co-ordinates of where you were exactly when u took the pictures?

I would do that but the majority of the Google Earth pictures of the area to the East of me are of very low quality.

The longitude and latitude co-ordinates of where I took the picture are,
Longitude = 0° 5'16.03"E
Latitude = 51°39'36.35"N

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have no way to verify anything about the video, but here are some layperson't thoughts:

1) It seems to advance at roughly the same speed and path as the sun.

2) The 'kink' in the bottom could be an atmospheric distortion effect from a layer of cold air or warm air on the hilltop. If the night was still or overcast that kind of temperature inversion can happen on hilltops.

Random thoughts....

Could this be the dawn launch of a solar airship with the help of a portable heater unit? Or something larger and further away? No, I guess not if the trail faded away.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godlesswanderer
The longitude and latitude co-ordinates of where I took the picture are,
Longitude = 0° 5'16.03"E
Latitude = 51°39'36.35"N

Form there at sunset your view should be toward thes mall Stapleford Airport. (Correct me if I am wrong here)

Whereas the Airport itself is not that that importand there is one of the more importand joint/knot point for Jet airways just there.
VOR-DME, LMA 115.60. TAMNY

I could not map right ahead this airways with the trace form you saw.
But I see a high chance that you saw 3 airplanes flying on the jet-airways over this joint point.

edit to add: or instead 'over' toward that joint point. Viewing your video again the planes must be farther out.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by g210b]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
as you have all said it looks like it is moving with the sun and clouds at the same time but it looks too small to be a rocket or a plane, could it have been black smoke rising up into the air anyone know if there was any fires in that area.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i looked thru the pictures and i cant see a UFO anywhere in them. What pictures were they... oh and btw, i think u need to hire a maid!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Like I said, until I find out more about what it was that was making the black trail I'm calling it a UFO. In the unidentified object sense, not in the extraterrestrial aircraft sense.
So until I (or we) find out what it is, whatever created the black smoke is a UFO.
And, about there being no UFOs in other pictures, I took 2 pictures of the object and uploaded one. So none of the other pictures relate to this object.

Originally posted by g210bForm there at sunset your view should be toward thes mall Stapleford Airport. (Correct me if I am wrong here)

Ah yeah, I just checked Google Earth again and I'm guessing that because of the distance I had zoomed out, it only showed major airports. I wasn't even aware of a Stapleford airport so close to me. It looks like this further supports the theory that it was a plane.
Although, I wouldn't have thought a plane contrail would show up black even with the sun behind it. When the sun is behind a white cloud, most of the time you can see the sun shining through the cloud, even slightly. Correct me if I'm wrong but I would have thought the contrail of a plane would be a lot thinner than a cloud and so would at least be tinted by the light of the sun behind it. I've never seen a cloud turn black because the sun is behind it.

[edit on 10/4/07 by Godlesswanderer]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloS13
I checked out the video. It's definitely an alien spacecraft. With this irrefutable new proof, no longer will believers be mocked!

Wow, you again with yet another witty and authoritative reply !!

See, no one is claiming anything here, but here you are to save the day !!

Woot !!

Go SloS13 !!!!!11

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join