It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb kills 6 Canadian troops in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Bomb kills 6 Canadian troops in Afghanistan

www.cnn.com

Six Canadian troops serving with NATO were killed in southern Afghanistan on Sunday when a roadside bomb struck their vehicle, the Canadian Defense Ministry confirmed. At least one soldier was wounded.

The deaths bring the Canadian toll to 51 since Ottawa sent troops to Afghanistan in 2002. Canada's main base is in the southern city of Kandahar.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
More Soldier deaths in Afghanistan!! I was a little taken-back that the article says the NATO Countries involved in Taliban/Al Qaeda war amounted to only the U.S., British, Canadian and Dutch soldiers. If that's true than very surprised considering the number of NATO Countries (26) committed under the agreement. Where are they?

Info on NATO:
en.wikipedia.org...

Dallas

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Dutch and Canadian commanders and politicos made the rounds of NATO partners a couple of months ago asking for more help, but no one ponied up.

On CTV last night, the anchor alluded to the fact that the LAV they were riding in may have done its job in surviving the IED blast, but secondary explosions from fire getting to the ammo they were carrying caused the deaths. The standard military investigation is underway.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just goes to show who you can count on when in time of need. My condolences go out to the familys.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here's a link on the request for troops:

news.bbc.co.uk...

It was back in Sep 2006, actually.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Note: I just noticed deltaboy had already posted this news over on ATS's War On Terrorism forum. I regret the oversight, it didn't occur to me to check WOT first.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

I just noticed deltaboy had already posted this news over on ATS's War On Terrorism forum.

6 Canadian troops killed in Afghanistan.

There can be one thread in WOT and another thread in Breaking Alternative News. No problem.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
www.thestar.com...

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan – As six of its war dead were solemnly returned to Canada, a pair of roadside bombs killed two more Canadian soldiers Wednesday, signalling an apparent escalation of violence in a battle-scarred corner of Afghanistan.

Three Canadians were injured in the latest attacks – one was in hospital in stable condition; the other two suffered minor injuries.

Oh no...2 more today.

top topics

join