It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have scoliosis!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yup, i do. Well it is when ur spine is curving and out of aline. It causes me back pain, and i go to phyisical theropy tuesday and thursdays. I drink aloy of milk becuase the doctor waz yelling at me beacuse i do not have good calcium. I hate milk. Anyway,i waz in volleyball, but the season is over. It helped get my back stronger and less pain. But know it is satrting to hurt agion. It pops and is stiff. justa undescribible pain. Becuase i just do not know what it is. But, i try to do volleyball in my yard and stuuf. but i do not think it helps becase it is not the same withoput the couch not yelling at u to work harder. What is a good excersice u think? i danno.
help plz?
peace

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Interesting to get to know you more!

I'm sure we don't want this to be a woah is me thread. This is a happy forum!

I was born deaf in one ear and my doctor said that I might start losing my hearing when I get older. I never let anyone know my whole life because I didn't want people to feel sorry and or use it as an excuse.

At the age of 39 I'm at about %80 complete hearing loss. This day and age where very few employers have patience to work with a person with a disability. It's getting harder and harder for me to keep a job, even though I have 20 years experience in my field.

I'm not hard to comunicate with, a person just has to call my name first to get my attention so I can turn my head to read their lips. The problem is that everyone is quick at the switch to lay someone off and replace them. Expecialy someone that has a disability that is way smarter than they are. The respect factor has gone to the dumps in the work place also.

I'm forced to apply for Social Security Disability. They're hassling me even though I have medical proof. They're ignoring that telling me I'm able bodied to work so I don't qualify. Iv'e been fighting my claim for three years and I'm homless because of this. Sleeping in my van doesn't bother me, It's doing nothing day after day, year after year.

Finally I got this helpfull Social worker that is actually tring to get me qualified and is going to help me hire a lawyer to fight the case.

That gives me hope, but I'd rather find someone willing to work and learn to communicate with me. $4000.00 is better than $800.00 a month! That's for sure.

Now you know something about me! See you in the joke section!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have scoliosis too. I went to physical therapy but I didn't have the money to keep going. Getting a resistance band and pulling it around will help strengthen your muscles.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I heard swimming is good for scoliosis? Also you can get calcium from many other sources besides milk. Just do a little research on it.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I have scoliosis too. Take Calsium together with D vitamin. To do sit-ups is a good idea as well. Never lift anything heavy. And whenever you do have to lift something, be careful how you do it. Correct lifting technique is very important. I've also heard swimming is good when you have scoliosis. I should swim more often than I do...

[edit on 2007/4/14 by Hellmutt]

top topics

join