It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery illness at Mexico school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Mystery illness at Mexico school

news.bbc.co.uk

Hundreds of girls at a Mexican boarding school run by Roman Catholic nuns have been hit by a mystery illness that the authorities say is psychological.
Headmistress Margie Cheong, a nun from South Korea, said it was unclear what causes the symptoms, which include difficulty walking and nausea.

Some 600 of the 4,000 pupils at the Villa de las Ninas school outside Mexico City have been affected.

The outbreak has prompted allegations of abuse by the nuns.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
what could it be?
some are saying its mental and not a physical infectuon and so forth
600 out of 4000 suffering from it.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The first two things that come to my mind are carbon dioxide poisoning and hormones. Both would have been tested for in my opinion, but you never know what was overlooked.

The following link states:
10,000 (1.0% vol.) Symptoms may begin to occur, such as feeling hot and clammy, lack of attention to detail, fatigue, anxiety, loss of energy, weakness in the knees commonly know as (jelly legs).
20,000 (2.0% vol.) Lung ventilation increases by 50%, headache after several hours of exposure
CO2 Information

My hormone hypothosis is that all the girls there would have the same diets, giving them the same amount of synthetic hormones by some sort of contamination, or the diet mixed with their uniform amount exercise and sleeping habits would put all the girls on the same level of natural hormones..

Women, Hormones and Knee Injuries

join