It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This needs to be said.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
BBcode buttons should now be inserting at the cursor location.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Ask and you shall receive...
I commend you for your dedication Skeptic... I wish there was more that we members could do for you other than send platitudes. Really.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Bow before the almighty power.

Kudos Xeros!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
@Hellmut...thanks for that lesson in bbcode.
You made it all so easy with the 3 main codes that I use.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

@Hellmut...thanks for that lesson in bbcode.

Here's if you need to make a link:

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread276937/pg1]your name of the link in question[/url]

to produce this:

your name of the link in question

Quoting an external source:

[ex]

blahblahblah[/ex]

to produce this:

blahblahblah

and a bit more advanced, to make an image clickable (a link) :

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/Hellmutt] [ats]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Hellmutt///Hellmutt_wolf.jpg[/ats][/url]

(notice the extra space in front of the [ats] tag...)

to produce this:

Note: In order to be able to use the ats-tags, you need to host the image somewhere. Hotlinked pictures cannot be used with ats-tags.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well, that's me done and dusted!!
Had no idea till today how to use them at all!
Now I'll be bbcoding like an old pro!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Xeros, I noticed that you managed to figure out how to make your Avatar work, and how to install a snappy signature. Good job

Given your capabilities, I am certain you can manage to create quality posts with little dificulty utilizing the ATS method. It is far less dificult than a root canal, while being fun and educational at the same time. Keep on rocking the free world!

*(Disclaimer) *No BB code was harmed in the creation of this post.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

faster than flying fingers, able to change a website by telepathy alone, it's not a Mod, ...it's not God, it's it's the SkepticOverlord!

Mygoodness that was a fast fix!

Originally posted by Xeros
There are so many glitches, and members should not resort to writing posts in a different program and then copy/pasting.

Actually, it is *is* still advisable and recommended to write, especially long posts, in another program and c&p.

It not only allows you to put more thought into your post, but allows you the benefit of spell checking as well. Always advisable for me!

However the greatest benefit is, not losing your post because of some unforseen glitch when you hit the post button, or with your ISP or computer kicking you offline mid-post, etc.

Anyone who has lost a long well thought out post at the end of it will tell you it is worth the effort to c&p from another program.

Also, I am not a computer geek by any means, but learning basic BB codes is certainly not a difficult thing and anyone who wants to spruce up their website or ebay descriptions can benefit from such knowledge and practice of simple BB codes and HTML, so why not get used to putting in a simple command on the fly?

Soon it becomes natural, and you more knowledgeable.

That can't hurt, right?

2l8

[edit on 11-4-2007 by 2l82sk8]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I usually type in Word then send it over to the ATS reply screen..

Not because I don't like the ATS reply program, but because I used to send the text and it would say something like "page cannot load" or "a topic by that name already exist" or anything else.. and the entire post would be lost..

And you know how hard it is to re-do a good reply

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As far as loosing your post if there is an error or duplicate thread, that's never happened to me. Form data has always been preserved when I hit my browser back button.

That is a function of your browser, and has nothing to do with anything ATS could do... since the data is still local in your browser, and has not yet been transmitted to ATS.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So if you write a thread and theres already one with the same title and you push the back button on your browser; your post is still there?

How come it doesn't work like that for everyone else? If I push my back button on my browser the post gets deleted.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
yeah, goes back to a blank screen for me, no txt what so ever.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
That happens to me too, so when I feel like i'm making a good reply/post I have to use word first, so It wont get lost. I was devastated when it first happened to me b/c I had well thought out response....but then i forgot what I wrote..so i just said forget it.. and went to sleep

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Rule Of Thumb: Copy every post before submitting it. Even if it is only a line or two, get in the habit of copying it every time. This way when something does prevent the post from being submitted, you still retain the information.

It has worked great for me.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Rule Of Thumb: Copy every post before submitting it. Even if it is only a line or two, get in the habit of copying it every time. This way when something does prevent the post from being submitted, you still retain the information.

It has worked great for me.

Yeah true, I've learnt the need to do that. Thanks SO by the way, I just noticed the change. I really appreciate the work, as I'm sure alot of others do.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
[edit on 12/4/07 by SteveR]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
im fine on the whole code issue it doesnt bother me that i can't click a button to do italics or bold or whatev but hwat does bother me is that if i ever try to add something to my post i end up having to type everything from that point on because of the "glitch" or whatever it is that makes it so that the letter and words get "eaten" in a sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join