It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are a lot of UFO's tilted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This is my first thread, I was hoping to make a more meaningful contribution at ATS for my first thread......but I've been wondering......

Why are a lot of the UFO's in photographs and video clips tilted?

They often seem to be at an angle.

I understand that each image or movie can be taken from varying perspectives and view points which would explain why they are never 100% horizontal or vertical, but no matter the viewpoint many seem to be at a relatively constant angle.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Does anybody have any ideas/theories/suggestions?

Sorry if this has been covered before.....

Some random images.....

[edit on 9-4-2007 by illigitimati]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Au Contraire, Mon Frere! You must be sipping some potent potables! Those UFO's in those photo's are completely straight and level!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Cause the guys forgot to add weights to make a center of gravity when they built their UFO models…

Sorry missed the first thread bit…
Welcome to ATS.

[edit on 4/9/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
perhaps its a metaphor that indicates they're not on the level !!

hidden meaning?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Its just that I've seen so many UFO pics and one day I just thought to myself "whats up with the constant tilt?"

After thinking about it a bit more (something I probably should have done before posting the thread) I suppose there are a million reasons to explain the angle/tilt.

Excuse me, I'm off to open my mouth and exchange feet.........

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Ah… We were just messing with you, don’t feel bad about it.
Like you said though it can be a million things. If they are fake pictures it can be an indication that the object was tossed like a Frisbee. Try to toss a Frisbee perfectly flat, and high enough to take a picture so it looks like its in the sky, and you’ll se what I mean. It could be that the object is dangling from something, and the wind causes it to swing like that.

Otherwise if the object is either real, or a remote control object, then its going to fly like a helicopter, so its going to tip when it banks. An object is going to be even harder to keep stable if the power source is in the center, bottom of the object. Same as trying to balance a plate on a ball, it is going to want to tip to one side, or the other to get off the power source which is providing lift. This is why Lower wing aircraft are harder to learn to fly as they are unstable, and the nose wants to constantly pitch up, or down to get off the wing. Having the power source on the top would make if far more stable, same as an overwing aircraft like a Cessna, or a helicopter. This is why most folks start out learning to fly in a Cessna, or Piper Cub as they are more stable then something like a Piper Tomahawk.

Again welcome to ATS...

[edit on 4/9/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Thanks defcon5

If they are fakes then fine, the tilting would be easy to explain.

I just figured that if the aliens were so super advanced with their "million years ahead of us" technology you would think they would figure out a way to keep their craft level.

I mean inter dimensional warp drives are one thing but a gyroscope is quite another.......

Then again how many photos of our aircraft are perfectly level.......I think I've ansewred myself there.........

[edit on 9-4-2007 by illigitimati]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well, personally I am not much of a UFO believer, but think about it for a second. A helicopter is a good example of a craft that has a single downward pointing power source. That power source is used to not only to provide lift, but also to provide movement. In order to move in a direction, it has to tip its power source so it actually lifts it not only upward, but upward and in the direction it wants to move. Same thing would be true for a craft that would use a single centered power source running on magnetism, or some type of anti-gravity. So the faster it wanted to move in a direction the more it would have to tip in the direction of the movement.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hi illigitimati, great question for your first thread. There are three possibilities that I'm aware of.

- Lazar said when they take off (Hi Speed Operation) out of sight the disk will first tilt on its side and focus the three gravity generators to a fixed point.

- The more frequent reports when the disk is tilted is generally when people see entities looking down at them.

- Thirdly I had once read the disks tilt to align the craft to either communicate (from pole on top of dome) with the mother ship or receive power of some sort.

All the aboves a little out there, but that's what some speculation is on the tilting craft syndrome. (laugh).

Dallas

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It´s probably a human "thing" :-)

My impression is that the UFO´s flown by humans/governments are pretty much WIP´s which could explain the unstable flight behavior...like riding a bicycle for the first time and you end up all over the street trying no to fall over.

I guess i belong to those who believe that most UFO´s which are observed are man made/man operated crafts and if you somehow would catch a glimps of an ET guided craft it would operate in a more controlled manner.

Just a thought...who knows...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If they are gyroscopic, then they will tilt like a top and precess.

As far as whether, 'tilt' bothers an extraterrestrial. Well, that is a sort of anthropomorphic question. Tilt bothers us. That's all we know.

Some UFO photos are tilted, of course as others have said, because the guy who threw them or strung them up couldn't balance them.

But in general, if you believe the ex military guys who talk about these things as real events of scale, then the behavior is very little related to a horse and cart, and far more independent of inertial frame of reference.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Thanks guys, some pretty interesting ideas there.......

top topics

join