It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you go when you die?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Mojo, thanks for proving my point, everything you mentioned is all done by who? HUMANS.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
@ thehumbleone.

And your creator has absolutely nothing to do with anything that happens on the Earth. WOW!!!
No thank you thehumbleone thats another reason for me not to believe.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

And your creator has absolutely nothing to do with anything that happens on the Earth. WOW!!!

Ehh, you ever heard of free will? WOW!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Yes i believe in free will, its why i believe as i do.
But this is now way off topic so i'll leave as is, unless you have a thread where we can take this up.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
After great thought and research this is what happens, based off of the philosophies of different beliefs.
I believe that when you die, the body is discarded, like a suit of clothing. It is no longer needed. I believe that there are three parts to the conscious, and they split going to different ways to reflect, think, and then rejoin. I do believe in reincarnation and do believe that it is for the growth of the soul. Heaven and Hell are real places, but one does not always end up there.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
here's one perspective on where you go, the bible believing christian perspective.

if you are a horrible human being through your whole life but becoem good for a few weeks before you're executed for unspeakable atrocities against humanity and accept jesus, you go to heaven.

if you are gandhi, einstein, or lincoln you go to hell because you didn't believe in jesus.

a great peacemaker, a great scientist, and the great emancipator all burn while a man who did nothing but hurt humanity gets perpetual bliss for accepting jesus and feeling bad for what he did.

the moral of the story? according to some people, it doesn't matter how much good you do for the world unless you believe in jesus, and that's right f'd up

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
if you are gandhi, einstein, or lincoln you go to hell because you didn't believe in jesus.

lol, what the heck? I've never heard a Christian say that.

How many times do i have to explain that we can judge no one, that is up to God where the person goes.

I would never say any of those people are going to hell.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

I would never say any of those people are going to hell.

But the bible does, which is the word of God, isnt it?

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
That's the way we have interpreted the Bible. But how many times since it's writing has it been re-written? We may have lost vital information thanks to the editing. But who knows...

And I'd appreciate the arguing over religion to stop please. I'd like to discuss the possibilities of the afterlife here and what you believe exists after life, not if Christianity is good or bad. Every religion is like that. If your not a Muslim, then to hell you go. If your not a Jew, then to hell you go, if your not a Buddhist, then a cockroach you'll be. Get the picture? Let's please move on.

Now getting back on topic, I've often thought about Final Fantasy. (Played it? Good!) They say when you die, your spirit returns to the earth and flows through it. You're like part of a river of souls that make earth live. I know it comes from a game/movie, but it's interesting none the less.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I feel we go to a place like a hospital to rest and recover, heal.
Then we go to another place where our soul group is to recount our life lessons. We judge ourselves and decide what further learning we need, who to help etc. It is claimed that we have the choice on whether or not to return. I don't agree with that. That is the alpha and omega. One in All in and it is that way until the next cycle. Your soul is committed to the phase until the end, so you will go to where you best suited. Some will stay within the personal development and then others who have 'overcome' come back and help those to 'overcome'. Those (which I feel is not fair lol) who have overcome and are required to 'help' others can not just stay in 'heaven'... or whatever you want to call it. They can't rest completely until the omega.

I do feel people have an immediate choice when they die whether or not to 'participate' though. My NDE I saw two things and they were choices. And I believe I was shown that in order to make a conscious choice or forewarn me of the astral plane energies that have a vested interest in my soul. Once the silver chord is broken, we can chose the light or the other...
I know John Lear has shared some theories on the light in his moon thread, something about not going to the light? Something like that, anyway.

I did a thread on point of death experiences based on some info I had read in order to help others. I also did much research because I needed to find answers. I feel it is something for all to at least read and consider.

I will add the url and those interested can read if they want.
www.belowtopsecret.com...'

cheers

[edit on 11-4-2007 by NJE777]

[edit on 11-4-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for the link NJE, I'll be checking it out.

Also, very interesting theory you got. Ever hear of "James Van Praage?" (sp?)
He sorta has the same idea.

Off-topic.
Wow, I just saw something. I just looked out my window and saw a little extremely bright star dither away. (It was strange.) I'll post it in another topic.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
There is heaven and hell. Where you go depends on you.
When you are saved according to the bible. You can go to places either heaven, only ahundred and fourty four thousand thousand go to heaven with God, as angels in heaven. Or on earth with Jesus in the new jersluem according to revelations. If you go to hell, you go for a long minute until god kills satan for all time.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
But the bible does, which is the word of God, isnt it?

Where does it say that? I think you're making stuff up

This is what the bible says.

Matthew 7
Judging Others
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join