It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you go when you die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm dreadfully sorry about the title. I couldn't think of another one that fit the post as the current one does.

But this is my question. I've been cruising ATS for about three hours now and I've seen alot of people with different religious beliefs.

Some of you believe that we are created by some alien beings called the "Annuki" (sorry for the spelling.)

Other's believe that we are some sort of "slave race".

What I would like to know, if there is no Heaven (which I believe there is) where do we go when we die then? Do we end up somewhere which is like Heaven, or do we turn up as matter in the vastness of space?

I'd like to know what everyone believes will happen to them after their life here on earth.

Peace,
Frontkjemper

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm pretty orthodox, typical Christian beliefs here. This should be a below top secret post or maybe skunk works, by the way.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Generally your body is either burned to ash or buried in the ground where it is decomposed and eventually eaten by small insects and/or worms.

As for your consciousness, well where exactly is your consciousness right now?

I would imagine that our consciousness stays in pretty much the same 'place' assuming the individual consciousness can exist w/o a brain.

Some believe we are reborn and lose all of our memories.

The answer to your question is un-knowable by definition (at least w/o some very deep meditation or psychedellic drugs).

You seem to believe that Aliens and Heaven cannot coexist. I don't think the existence of ETs rules out the existence of heaven, or vice-versa. In fact, if there is a heaven, I believe anyone can access it while they are still living (including ETs, they are probably better at it than we are)

[edit on 9-4-2007 by freakyty]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Well i think our bodies end up as worm food, but the energy that may be the soul!!, i'd like to believe that it just takes off and flits around the universe checkin things out.
At least i hope thats what happens, i dont believe theres a heaven or any omni/whatever deity waiting to judge me.
If there is i think he/she/it sucks.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
And why would such an entity suck, mojo?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
And why would such an entity suck, mojo?

May have something to do with all the children who die horrible, painful, lonely deaths every day, or maybe just the total lack of disregard this all powerful being seems to have for the creatures he/she/it has supposedly created.
Thats just me though, if you have faith in this sort of creator then thats fine just dont try and lay that sort of guilt on me.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
When you die you go to where you were before you were born.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I believe that when you die you cease to exist, completely.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
[qoute]

You seem to believe that Aliens and Heaven cannot coexist.

I don't know where you got that from? I personally believe that God created us. And if he can create us, why not other life forms as well?

I was simply stating that many people believe that there are different theories on how we came to be. Some are Christian views and other are not. And I'd like to know what those others believe we go when we pass.

But thanks for all your replies.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
When you die, do you go straight the Heaven? Or do you lie in the ground, awaiting Judgment Day?
It's always been a part of Christian mythology that's poorly understood, even by most Christians.

If we wait, then what's the point of praying to Saints? They can't help you in the ground.
If we are immediately judged, then there is no point in praying for the dead... they already have their reward or punishment.

What's the current theory?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by emjoi
When you die, do you go straight the Heaven? Or do you lie in the ground, awaiting Judgment Day?

As far as I know, only Jehovah's Witnesses say that you do not go to heaven. You are just "suspended" per say until God raises them.

However, I don't believe that to be true. I'm not a Jehovah's Witness either.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
if you have faith in this sort of creator then thats fine just dont try and lay that sort of guilt on me.

I have that faith in that sort of creator, and I don't own any of that guilt you mentioned? And why in the world (if we did have) would we try to lay that sort of guilt on you?

Are you trying to say that people that believe in God have some sort of guilt complex? Not everyone sees only negative sides within a religion.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Where do you go when you die?

Your soul goes to Heaven, Purgatory (for a while) then Heaven, or Hell.

Sometimes people are recycled (reincarnated).

The body .. decays. Unless you are an incorruptable. Then the body doesn't decay. But those are few and far between.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
into the ground to decompose. that's what happens to every single living thing on this planet when it dies. humans are no different.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Some will go to heaven, while others will go to the fiery pits of hell where they rightly belong.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't really know where you go when you die. I only know where I would like to go.

Mexico!!!!!

Is that an option?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
I have that faith in that sort of creator, and I don't own any of that guilt you mentioned? And why in the world (if we did have) would we try to lay that sort of guilt on you?

I was replying to a question put to me by uberarcanist, i dont recall mentioning you or anyone else.

Good for you if you have faith in that sort of Creator, you know the one that sits by as innocent children die horrible, painful, lonely deaths every day, that was the rest of my answer to uberarcanist btw, that you seem to have skipped by.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Good for you if you have faith in that sort of Creator, you know the one that sits by as innocent children die horrible, painful, lonely deaths every day, that was the rest of my answer to uberarcanist btw, that you seem to have skipped by.

what have you done to help those children?

instead of blaming the creator, why don't you blame your fellow humans who sit by as little children die horrible painful deaths. Where are they helping?

Why do certain people have billions of dollars while some have none?

What do they need all that money for, they'll never use it, why not spit it equally so everyone can live comfortably? Oh yeah, i forgot, they wont because humans are a bunch of greedy pigs.

It looks like your problem lies in your fellow humans.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You go to the astral and the hall of memories. Usually a rest area before making further decisions on what you will do depending on your status.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone

instead of blaming the creator, why don't you blame your fellow humans who sit by as little children die horrible painful deaths. Where are they helping?

I do blame humans, particularly those of a religious variety who talk the talk yet fail to walk the walk.

Why do certain people have billions of dollars while some have none?

Because theyve either worked extremely hard, been lucky, been smart or done nothing and inherited.

What do they need all that money for, they'll never use it, why not spit it equally so everyone can live comfortably? Oh yeah, i forgot, they wont because humans are a bunch of greedy pigs.

Particularly certain religions/churches that own more property worldwide than they could ever use.

It looks like your problem lies in your fellow humans, what have you done to help those children?

As much as i can with the limited resources at my disposal. I look after my 4 children first. I volunteer at a shelter for homeless and drug addicted. My wife is studying nursing so that she can also help those in need and we both give to non-denominational charity's whenever we can afford to.

Why does your Creator escape criticism, after all he created us according to you. Its not Gods fault its us rotten humans. Well if there is a God then i blame it, dont like it, bad luck.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join