It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran set to announce nuclear plans on Monday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Iran set to announce nuclear plans on Monday

toda y.reuters.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's president has promised to disclose news about Iran's nuclear program when he visits its uranium enrichment facility on Monday where the West says Iran is mastering the skills needed to make atomic bombs.

Iran has rejected U.N. demands to halt enrichment, a process than can make power plant fuel or material for warheads, and has instead vowed to expand what it insists is peaceful atomic work.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/8/2007 by digitalassassin]

[edit on 8-4-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is not good news at all. Any opinions on what will come of it? I for one think Iran needs to be stopped. They keep inching their way forward and no one is doing anything. The UN like to look like they get stuff done. However, where is the proof they do anything? Iran needs to be stopped because they will build a bomb. No if's and's or but's about it. If China and Russia don't agree screw them. They are supplying Iran with weapons anyway. How do they get away with that crap. The UN is a joke.

toda y.reuters.com

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The UN is really the Security Council. Who are they? Russia, USA, China, France, Britain. Not only are they the top nuclear powers in the world, they are the largest supplier of conventional weapons in the world.

Are you still wondering wy the UN does not get anything done? Because the Security council cannot start a fight with one of it owns, or the world will become unstable.

Besides, once Iran gets its own nukes, then we can be sure one of the nuclear powers will attack it. when a nation reaches nuclear wepon status, they will no longer be able to have a convnetional war, engagment with another nuclear member.

Pakistan and India are not an exception, because the two governments have not launched any official attacks against each other for years. The current unrest is purely the result of civil strife and non-state agressors.

Iran is not an exception, they will not be able to fight a conventional war, even against Israel, with another nuclear power. They will in essence, finally be able to secure peace in the Middle East with the onset of Nuclear weapons.

Why do you ask? Because A nuclearpower cannot attack another nuclear power. The only current nuclear powers are the one causing all of the unrest in the middle East, or doing nothing to stop it. Iran is not a developing country, it is a devloped country. Whence it becomes a nuclear power, it will be the ONLY nuclear power focused on seeking true peace in the Middle East.

The Middle East NEEDs Iran to achieve nuclear weapons status for true stability and peace to occur.

Anyone who does not believe me, and wished to understand how the hell I have arrived to this conclusion, need only to look into yourself. You cannot truly understand the politics of the world until you have removed any bias/blind loyalty to one or another. When you truly understand yourself as completely neutral, and factor in everything that is already known, then you will understand how what has been typed here is true.

Nukes are tools of negotiation.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Iran's president has promised to disclose news about Iran's nuclear program when he visits its uranium enrichment facility on Monday

The proverbial chance at two birds with one stone if you ask me…

Originally posted by DYepes

Kind of a good point, but maybe not the same situation as say... India and Pakistan. If Iran reaches this level, then the problem is that they will most likely use it to try and negotiate for Israel to cease to exist. Since this is not going to happen, it may be a situation that escalates out of control very rapidly, and brings the rest of the world down with it.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin

This is not good news at all. Any opinions on what will come of it? I for one think Iran needs to be stopped. They keep inching their way forward and no one is doing anything. The UN like to look like they get stuff done. However, where is the proof they do anything? Iran needs to be stopped because they will build a bomb. No if's and's or but's about it. If China and Russia don't agree screw them. They are supplying Iran with weapons anyway. How do they get away with that crap. The UN is a joke.

toda y.reuters.com

How do they get away with that crap? What the ? We are also asking the same question in regard to the US's imperialist motives with the botched up mission called Iraq?

How do they get away with that crap??? You tell me?

Yes, Iran shouldnt have a nuclear ability/potential but Russia/China are supporting and funding it to entice the US into a war with them because the rest of the world is fed up with the agressive nature the US has been exhibiting.

It is acting like a rogue nation, the US economy is going downhill and war is the only thing proping it up at the moment.

What was the initial reason for the Iraq War? Weapons of Mass Destruction, then Regime Change, then the battle for hearts and minds, why cant they stop beating around the bush and say it as it is, we have invaded Iraq to secure future oil resources and revenue for ourselves, becasue we can!

How do they get away with that crap?

exactly........

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Craziness, pure craziness. Iran's attitude seems more like we they don't care what the world thinks, just build the capacity to produce nuc wmd and the world will just have to trust them it's for peaceful purposes.

Found this little gem from Iran, at CNN today,

"We have gathered, thanking Almighty God for the introduction of the uranium enrichment program to the industrial phase, and once again we thank Almighty God for allowing us to attain industrial enrichment plans," said Iran's Atomic Energy Organization head, Gholamreza Aghazadeh, addressing an audience at the Natanz uranium enrichment facility in central Iran"

Fully Article:
www.cnn.com...

Dallas

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
dont see what the fuss is about

1. Russia are unrelible as a source for fuel and so forth look at what they did to europe.
they also failed to deliver on fuel for irans reactors.

2. Iran has evry right for nuclear tec as stated by the rules of treaty they signed.

3. there is no proof Iran is building a bomb and if there is any hard proof please tell me.
apart from assumptions as assumpstions is the MOAF

also before people start saying we need to stop Iran and so forth now by bombing them
sort out Iraq and afganistan and stop digging a larger hole for your self.

also Dallas so what?
the quote means nothing (most muslims will thank allah for their achivements)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The reason Iran is wiping its butt with the UN sanctions pushed by the US and the present administration is . . . because two big key players are not backing them up and they will not.

China and Russia, this two countries has voiced that they do not find Iran to be a danger to them if they acquired nuclear capabilities.

So now it goes back to good Ole mistreated Israel to do the deed.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Of course, it's highly probable the intended announcements are to do with fuel rod and enrichment related readiness and nothing at all to do with nuclear weapons.

This too poses problems as any attack on those facilities producing the fuel will unleash radioactive matter which could affect the whole region. Does anybody really want that (apart from the Israelis who will then claim a right of return to Sweden or somewhere else).

apc

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

M.A.D. only works if both sides don't want to die. If one side thinks it's OK to die as long as the other side dies too, there is a problem.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I've said it before. I believe the Iranian intention is to begin enrichment on a large scale in order to be a fuel supplier. They know their Oil supply is a finite resource and Nuclear fuel will be the way to go in the future with all the new nuke plants coming online within the next decade. With the newer P2 Centrifuges they can pretty much keep a steady supply going to nations that cannot supply their own fuel. Uranium on the commodities markets has risen steadily over the years.

Many of the countries that are against Iranians having this technology are also coincedentally fuel suppliers as well. Competition?

Pie

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I've said it before. I believe the Iranian intention is to begin enrichment on a large scale in order to be a fuel supplier.

Pie

As I understand it, Iran barely has enough ore to supply its planned needs for electrical generation.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
As I understand it, Iran barely has enough ore to supply its planned needs
for electrical generation.

Uranium is listed as one of Irans natural resources.

apc

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I would be more inclined to trust the Iranian government if their President, however little power he may have, would quit proclaiming that Israel must be eliminated, and if they would cease the support and funding of suicide attacks and anti-Western policy.

Until then, it seems clear they want to play with nukes. And if that's the case, I welcome the invitation to join in the game. He who lives in a glass house... or in this case, wishes to.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The whole thing is ridiculous. Again, this day was a fizzle. No news, just a jubilant announcement that they are 1/1000000 closer to getting nuclear power. The only reason I can imagine that they keep doing this is to keep the west on edge. Am I alone in that belief? I also think they want to draw the west into an armed conflict and paint the west as the aggressor so that they can win the international support that they are in such dire need of. The Iranians may be many things but they are not stupid. I am curious how other people interpret this event, and whether y'all think I am reading too much into this.

[edit on 4/9/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I agree, the Iranians may be alot of things, they may even be wrong and possibly do deserve a slap on thr wrist, but stoopid they surely aren't, and what I think is really going on behind the scenes is being manipulated by the SCO - Shanghai Coperation Organisation or something like that, others will know what Im talking about.

They are effectively the anti-UN, the opposing side, and I do beleive that Russia and China have wispered promises on Iran that they will not follow through with, which explains Ahmadinejad "balls" when it comes to propaganda and rhetoric.

I think Russia/China are baiting the US through Iran, knowing full well that Iran will be destroyed by an attack by the US but this will favour thier long term intentions - they will be able to paint the US as a "rogue nation" out of control, and to justify this China will move into Taiwan as soon as the Iran conflict starts, knowing that this would absolutely confuse the US.

The USA will want to uphold its promises to Taiwain and any move by the US in Taiwan too, will justify the use of nukes by Russia and China to halt the US as a matter of world peace and stability.

Im not saying that I agree with it, but I see it happening. This is the curtain call for the US economy and super-power status once and for all, and no amount of comments like "you dont know what weapons we have left, or what the US has up its sleeve" will help.

This was planned to happen from the very first moment Bush junior won the rigged elections, the plan was enacted by the global elite which would use the US as the pawn to destabalise the world in the name of the War against Terror, to make itself so hated by the rest of the world that the rest of the world takes them down, and once the US's might has been reduced, the true new world order will come into play, organised and run by Russia and China.

Putin is the main mover and shaker in world affairs at the moment, mark my words, you should keep a very careful eye on this man.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

1would quit proclaiming that Israel must be eliminated, and if they would 2cease the support and funding of suicide attacks and anti-Western policy.

As far as I can think of, he has not proclaimed Israel must be eliminated since the first time he said more than a year ago. So that first one is solved for you. second, the US funds more terrorism and mayhem across the globe than Iran funds in its own region.

The CIA was funding terrorists in Somalia, which even the Western puppet President of the Transitional Federal Government admitted to it, and they were defeated. When the US funded terrorists were defeated, there was peace in the majority of Southern Somalia, social services were being rebuilt, and the ports of trade re-opened and piracy halted.

Several months later, the US pays Ethiopia (massive increase in military aid) to invade, then conquer Somalia. The Ethiopian military has killed hundreds of civilians, terrorized thousands with blind mortar attacks and helicopter strikes into civilian neighborhoods with no defined targets, effectively destroying the peace. Piracy has restarted, as a UAE ship was recently hijacked in the waters, and shoot-outs are once again commonplace, even with foreign troops in their cities.

CIA installed puppet dictators and military supprt have been responbile for hundreds of thousands (possibly millions) of deaths in Guatemala, Chile, El Salvador, Somalia(USA and USSR)Haiti(USA and France), Argentina, Iran; (has apoligized for in 2000) and the list goes on and on throughout the world. Obviously not exclusive to US, but I am sure we top the charts for global sponsors of terrorism, except maybe British imperial policy in the 17th-earlier 20th century.

Iran is a very active trading partner and economic powerhouse from the Mid East throughout to southeast Asia. All of these people, including India, Armenia, Malaysia, South Korea and others are active trading partners and have no problems with Iran. Why don't we just say "hey, we want you to tell us formally the bad things we are doing in the world, and we would like to work together in helping us solve the problems that we unwittingly contribute to the world. Perhaps we can find non-violent solutions to many current global issues."

I wish I were in charge man, I would be able to make everyone in the world good friends, without the threat of global conflict and warfare.

[edit on 4/10/2007 by DYepes]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The Iranians are FAR from stupid.
I consider them one of the smarter nations in that region.

Which worries me, because they are almost INVITING an attack..

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The Iranians are FAR from stupid.
I consider them one of the smarter nations in that region.

Which worries me, because they are almost INVITING an attack..

I agree 'Chop, its like they have something hidden up their sleeves that they are hanging on using, sort of like they saying "Come and get me if you dare?"

apc

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

As far as I can think of, he has not proclaimed Israel must be eliminated since the first time he said more than a year ago. So that first one is solved for you. second, the US funds more terrorism and mayhem across the globe than Iran funds in its own region.

Tsk tsk. Don't you know anything? Our guys are freedom fighters.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join