It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Mechanics 911 Debunking was Dismantled & Dismembered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Popular Mechanic's David Cobunu an editor of the 911 Debunking book was thrashed taken apart, dismantled ,Dismembered, laughed off the stage.
(call it what you want) by the host Charles Goyette Radio/show,when he tried to peddle the GOverments Popular Mechanics 911 Fairy tail.
You can listen here, its a Blast!

nowpublic.com

[edit on 8-4-2007 by cashlink]

[edit on 8-4-2007 by cashlink]

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Please try this link and scroll down to the bottem of page to the title
So Now Popular Mechanices are the Experts.

nowpublic.com

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
They already release the videos, they don't show anything. What more evidence do you need?

911myths.com...

911myths.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The truth movement is a fat lie, so people like Alex Jones can profit from writing books and moves for gullible people like you.

"So we know the building should have been hit given the debris field above. But what of the damage to the building? Conspiracy sites say there were small fires. And what of Silverstein's comments in the PBS special? He used the term "Pull" to describe a decision made. Conspiracy theorists say "Pull" is a term used by demolition experts. This is one of those many half truths conspiracy theorists use to convince the ignorant. "Pull" is used when they "Pull" a building away from another with cables during demolition.

Excerpts from Mark Roberts excellent piece "World Trade Center Building 7 and the Lies of the 9/11 “Truth Movement”

Yes, that worker certainly does say they’re getting ready to “pull” building six. Then we have a quote from Luis Mendes, from the NYC Department of Design and Construction:

“We had to be very careful about how we demolished building 6. We were worried about building 6 coming down and damaging the slurry walls, so we wanted that particular building to fall within a certain area.”

Interesting. They needed to be sure that building 6 came down in a “controlled” way. But wait a second: the video clip that Alex Jones presents – the clip that’s shown on all the conspiracist websites –ends abruptly at this point. Huh? Where’s the money shot? Why’d they cut it there?

Here’s why:

Because the following scene shows how building 6 was “pulled”: with cables attached to the hydraulic arms of four excavators, not with explosive charges.

We’ve got the cables attached in four different locations going up. Now they’re pulling the building to the north. It’s not every day you try to pull down a eight story building with cables.”

Narrator Kevin Spacey: “The use of explosives to demolish World Trade Centers 4, 5 and 6 was rejected for fear workers would risk their lives entering buildings to set the charges.”

Why do they pull that part of the documentary out of the conspiracy story? This is yet another example of outright deception by the so called "truth" movement and it's leaders like Alex Jones. They draw their stories around the truth like a child drawing around their hand.

However, was the fire more severe than conspiracy theorists let on and was Silverstein's quote taken out of context? The two are related and are explored below.

The above photo is very different than the photos you usually see on conspiracy sites.

Silverstein's Quote:

"I remember getting a call from the Fire Department commander, telling me they were not sure they were gonna be able to contain the fire, and I said, you know, 'We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is just pull it.' And they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse."

-Fact which is undisputed by either side, he was talking to the fire commander

-Fact which is undisputed by either side, both are not in the demolition business

Silverstein's spokesperson, Mr. McQuillan, later clarified:

"In the afternoon of September 11, Mr. Silverstein spoke to the Fire Department Commander on site at Seven World Trade Center. The Commander told Mr. Silverstein that there were several firefighters in the building working to contain the fires. Mr. Silverstein expressed his view that the most important thing was to protect the safety of those firefighters, including, if necessary, to have them withdraw from the building."

He could be lying, right? But here is the corroborating evidence...

"They told us to get out of there because they were worried about 7 World Trade Center, which is right behind it, coming down. We were up on the upper floors of the Verizon building looking at it. You could just see the whole bottom corner of the building was gone. We could look right out over to where the Trade Centers were because we were that high up. Looking over the smaller buildings. I just remember it was tremendous, tremendous fires going on. Finally they pulled us out. They said all right, get out of that building because that 7, they were really worried about. They pulled us out of there and then they regrouped everybody on Vesey Street, between the water and West Street. They put everybody back in there. Finally it did come down. From there - this is much later on in the day, because every day we were so worried about that building we didn't really want to get people close. They were trying to limit the amount of people that were in there. Finally it did come down." - Richard Banaciski

www.nytimes.com...
Banaciski_Richard.txt

Here is more evidence they pulled the teams out waiting for a normal collapse from fire...

"The most important operational decision to be made that afternoon was the collapse (Of the WTC towers) had damaged 7 World Trade Center, which is about a 50 story building, at Vesey between West Broadway and Washington Street. It had very heavy fire on many floors and I ordered the evacuation of an area sufficient around to protect our members, so we had to give up some rescue operations that were going on at the time and back the people away far enough so that if 7 World Trade did collapse, we [wouldn't] lose any more people. We continued to operate on what we could from that distance and approximately an hour and a half after that order was [given], at 5:30 in the afternoon, World Trade Center collapsed completely" - Daniel Nigro, Chief of Department"

debunking911.com...

BPI

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
That was a great interview. Instead of arguing the unanswerable collapse questions, he asks how they knew the id of the hijackers. A caller references the BBC reports of Hijackers still alive. Mr Coburn responds by saying they recovered DNA from all 19 hijackers and it matched the hijackers id's. The caller questions how they recovered DNA when they couldnt recover anything else. This is a good question but Mr Goyette takes on the real issue of that matter. He then says suppose they did recover the DNA. How did they have DNA on file already to compare it to? Mr Coburn responds by saying the question is phrased wrong????? The question is phrased wrong?????? Mr coburn's only response is to ask why no other articles were written about it. He says that is the proof. In other words if you don't see it on TV, it isnt real. Mr Coburn feels asking how they matched the DNA isn't a valid question. And he is one of the people in charge with the investigation? Does anyone else see a problem with this?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Oh God this interview its the funniest ever.
I place it in one of the funniest of all the time.
This poor guy does not even know what to say anymore its ridiculed over and over again.
Two big thumbs up.
PS. I did not actually laugh in respect of the families otherwise I would have had a real gr8 time.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
The truth movement is a fat lie, so people like Alex Jones can profit from writing books and moves for gullible people like you.
Then we have a quote from Luis Mendes, from the NYC Department of Design and Construction:

“We had to be very careful about how we demolished building 6. We were worried about building 6 coming down and damaging the slurry walls, so we wanted that particular building to fall within a certain area.”

Here’s why:
Because the following scene shows how building 6 was “pulled”: with cables attached to the hydraulic arms of four excavators, not with explosive charges.

We’ve got the cables attached in four different locations going up. Now they’re pulling the building to the north. It’s not every day you try to pull down a eight story building with cables.”

Dear amfirst:

Correction —you are second and veteran poster ‘Insolubrious’ is first. He is the first to have posted a detailed analysis of the WTC-6 destruction.

Originally posted by Insolubrious on 04 October 2006 at www.abovetopsecret.com...

I read an eyewitness account of explosions happening in WTC6 and that crater is pretty suspicious. So perhaps WTC 1,2 and 7 weren't the only buildings with explosive devices. WTC6 really does resemble Chernobyls features. I have heard that the plane debries may of hit WTC6. The officials say that crater was caused by debries from the twin towers. I am doubting this, I found another ariel snap and you can see how black and charred the ground is.

The ground looks scorched. Some massive source of heat must of been present.

Notice how black everything is inside? I don't think this is a shadow.

You’re saying WTC-6 was pulled down with cables? Maybe so. But I’d say the pictures show it was ‘nuked’ first.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

[edit on 4/8/2007 by Wizard_In_The_Woods]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That poor guy was set up, and nothing was debunked. He stated that they did it to try to provide some closure to some of the rumor and theory they heard.

Noting was debunked here. If anything it seemed like a live ATS debate I have been in a few times.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Noting was debunked here.

Is that all you got out of it? lol

I think it's a perfectly fair question to ask how something was confirmed, or to ask what the alleged terrorist DNA was compared to, or to ask why Popular Mechanics gets to see evidence that no other citizens are alowed to see. Some citizens just more special than others? Popular Mechanics isn't fed, and they weren't contracted for anything.... right?

BPI

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Maybe it's direspectful to the families of 9/11 victims to ask how the DNA was matched. Even if you don't think anything was debunked, I think you have to admit that was a rather peculiar response from a man who was involved in an investigation. I've never been involved in any kind of official investigation, but it seems to me gathering proof of statements would be pretty important. His response is ridiculous. I like how Mr Goyette tells him to rephrase it and Mr Coburn says, why wasn't it reported in other media. Mr Goyette replies, "I don't know." His reply shows he isnt trying to speculate he is only wanting to discuss facts. Mr Coburn seems to really want to avoid that avenue for some reason. I wonder why?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am glad to see Popular Mechanics fall apart live on the air.
I have had it with their lies and bashing Rosie O Donnell about her show the View, One of Popular Mechanics experts was on CNN tonight ridiculing
Rosie that she has all her facts wrong and insulting her.
So now we all know Popular Mechanice is in the Goverments back pocket.
Now we know the Goverment is useing Popular Mechanice as thier weapon
to Debunk Rosie and the truth movement.
Someone please tell me how did our Goverment get all the DNA of all the highjackers on all four planes, when all the planes were vaporize and NOTHING was found at any of the debrie field to identify, any of the airplanes change out parts to truely identify the airplanes.
Now that we know for sure the Goverment is Lieing about the DNA.
Dont We Have A Right To Question Our Goverment With Out Being Attact!
If we catch our Goverment lieing about one part of 911 WHY should I be fooled and belive the rest of thier story.
I would like the Goverment or the 911 Commission to explain how they found the DNA and TESTED this DNA and how they were able to identify all
of these dead oops I mean some of them are claiming to be alive Oh!! you all are not ALOUD TO KNOW THAT! oops, Highjackers
It really sicking me how they sit on their thrones and think they are so untouchable.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
amfirst - great reply .

you can't tell these people anything . but you point out their bs and they throw more bs .

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Popular Mechanics are a little naive when it comes to some of the questions that can be asked. They might be a little to use to the straw men.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gen.disaray
amfirst - great reply .

you can't tell these people anything . but you point out their bs and they throw more bs .

These people!!
I dont see you debateing anything here take you insults elsewhere!
All I see is you takeing stabs at good people in,here and you do it all the time.
There is a group of you guys doing this in here Ganging up keep it up, and I will report you. We dont need your snide remarks being posted in here to hurt people.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink
Someone please tell me how did our Goverment get all the DNA of all the highjackers on all four planes, when all the planes were vaporize and NOTHING was found at any of the debrie field to identify, any of the airplanes change out parts to truely identify the airplanes.
Now that we know for sure the Goverment is Lieing about the DNA.

No-one says that all the planes were vaporised (apart from people setting up a neat straw man).

The Popular Mechanics guy was wrong to say ALL the hijackers were identified by DNA. He's quite right that DNA was matched, though, and the interviewer was wrong to pretend that was some kind of mysterious smoking gun. We already know that DNA was retrieved from hotel rooms, hire cars etc immediately after the attacks, and that was subsequently used to identify at least two individuals, that was reported years ago:

Remains of 9/11 hijackers identified

Forensic experts in New York say they have identified body parts of two of the 10 hijackers who flew planes into the World Trade Center on 11 September 2001.

Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the New York Medical Examiner's Office, said the identifications had been made using DNA samples provided by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

The FBI had collected the DNA from tiny traces of skin on the steering wheels of vehicles hired by the hijackers and from hair samples recovered from their hotel rooms.

Earlier this month, the FBI provided profiles of all 10 hijackers, including alleged ringleader Mohammad Atta, so their remains could be separated from those of victims.

"No names were attached to those profiles. We matched them, and we have matched two of those profiles to remains that we have," Ms Borakove said.

"We haven't finished our work, so it may be more," she added.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
No he was not wrong, Popular Mechanice could not answer most of the Host questions.
And as far as the DNA it was not found at the crime scene.
Hotels cars what ever. It could be anybodys DNA.
Corners are easly paid to lie. They do it all the time.
We found many cases of that here in our nice little town.
Its strang thought, Popular Mechanice didnt have that answer for the Host.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by cashlink]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

or to ask what the alleged terrorist DNA was compared to

Now, THAT is a very interesting question. If you want to id someone by DNA method, you MUST have some other DNA sample to compare it with, and possibly match it. Considering the victims, it would be possible to get their close relatives DNA sample, and match it. But what about terrorists DNA, how would one get sample to match it with DNA found on crash sites?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst
911myths.com...

how many times are you going to make a one line post that explains or discusses nothing and links/SPAMS for that piece of crap site?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
NOT ANOTHER 9/11 POST...

I feel sorry for all you people trying to convince the ATS 9/11 conspiracy theorists that there was no conspiracy....

Don'T fall into the ATS trap....

They believe in "IT" they Know "IT" and anybody that speaks out against them is wrong.

And, If you don't agree, they will "report" you...HA!!! big deal, some stupid monitors are gonna deduct ATS points from you..OH NO Mr. Bill!!!! what a joke...Like people care about points on this site.

Conspiracy after conspiracy after conospiracy...

WHAT HAS BEEN PROVED??? NOTHING.

BTW - amfirst - i'm voting you for the ATS way-above crap, whatever that is....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join