It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LCD video eyewear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So I got these cool video goggle things.

www.icuiti.net...

I've been trying to think of as many cool things that I can think of to attach to them. They have the iPod connector, standard RCA connector, and with another, separate attachment, that allows them to connect to the VGA port on a computer.

They work well, but they give this weird effect. It's like a my brain is processing the binocular vision as 3D, when it's only seeing a 2D image. It makes adjusting to the real 3D world after long viewing session a bit disorienting.

That aside, I've been trying to think of as many cool things to do with them as possible. I've already connected them to to my game console, DVD player, and laptop, which are all pretty cool. I've also connected them to a video camera, viewing in night vision. I'd like to be able to have some sort of scope or mount for the camera so I don't have to hold it the whole time. My next step will be to try to get a thermal camera and connect it. You, know, try the whole Predator thing. Unfortunately, thermal camera's cost a few grand that I can't spare.

In the mean time, I'm going to have as much fun with them as possible.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Okay, using a video camera attached is getting really cool.

Live video, digital zoom, video playback. It's totally predator style.

I recommend to all geeks, get this product and have fun with it.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wow...Those things look fantastic!!!!!

I was looking a something similar to that a while back but after reading several online reviews I decided against it. The ones I was looking at though were not half as good as these. Keep us(Me) up to date, with how they work for you. I might end up getting a pair. Can you just surf the internet as you normally would with them?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Web surfing is easy, as long as you have the PC to TV adapter.

I've had a few minor headaches so far, but that's after about 2-3 hours of gaming.

top topics

join