It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Real Invisibility Cloak Is In Our Grasp: Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   

A Real Invisibility Cloak Is In Our Grasp: Scientists

news.yahoo.com

CHICAGO (AFP) - Harry Potter fans take note: scientists have finally come up with a workable design for an invisibility cloak.

Physicists figured out the complex mathematical equations for making objects invisible by bending light around them last year.

A group of engineers at Purdue University in Indiana have now used those calculations to design a relatively simple device that ought to be able to - one day soon - make objects as big as an airplane simply disappear.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It seems that there is a serious effort in what can be considered a fiction. I wonder when will they make it a reality?
Or, ... maybe, just maybe, it has been a reality for a long time and "they" are just gradually releasing it?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've heard about this before. But from what I remember, it would be very heavy to carry around like a suit or something like that. They were talking about making "shields" that officers and military could hide behind for cover. They also discussed wrapping this stuff around military vehicles to make it invisible for enemy forces.

Very interesting stuff.

join