It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars' Missing Air Might Just be Hiding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   

New findings suggests the missing atmosphere of Mars might be locked up in hidden reservoirs on the planet, rather than having been chafed away by billions of years' worth of solar winds as previously thought.

space.com...

I don't know how this would change the prospect of humans on Mars, but it's interesting to learn about an alternative theory regarding the disappearance of Mars' atmosphere. I apologize if this is old-news to some, it's only a couple months old.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I can image some type of plant life that used molecules from the air but didn't release any back out. Sorta like earth plants using CO2 but not releasing oxygen. Coal has the CO2 in it on earth. Maybe mars soil has what was in the atmosphere. If so, it might explain why it is not there today. (Maybe is though).

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Liberating that air would make terraforming much easier
A thicker atmoshpere retains solar heat much better.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
i love hearing about stuff like this and i really do wish i could get the chance to go into space one day because it is something that i really want to so but i heard it very expensive such as that Charles going into space now he is lucking maybe one day we might all get the chance to take of in a space and land on the mars surface.

new topics

top topics

join