It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Economy=Really Bogus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Alright, I had heard some pretty outrageous claims of China eventually overtaking America as far as economics is concerned so I decided to do a little research and it seems that at least one economist believes widespread fraud is really the cause of the apparent Chinese economic "growth".

en.epochtimes.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
You found one economist, writing in a newspaper published by the Falun Gong, a organization with no love for the Chinese Communist Party and the current state of affairs in China whatsoever. Hardly a scholarly consensus.

I don't wish to get into a discussion of the rights and the wrongs of the relationship between the Falun Gong and the Chinese government, which I hear has banned the organization and imprisoned some of its members. All I want to point out is that it is in Falun Gong's interest to rubbish the Chinese economic miracle.

Magazines like Fortune, Businessweek and The Economist, which are read and relied upon by people who stand to gain or lose millions doing business with China, are probably a lot more reliable.

They may have their reservations and criticisms of the Chinese economy and the way it is managed, but they certainly don't deny the clear and obvious evidence of the China boom.

As to China's economy overtaking that of the United States, well, it won't happen soon, but it may happen some day.

Does this bother you? Why?

join