It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Ghost as a Dove on Video?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The Holy Spirit is often portrayed in the form of a dove. This does not mean that Christians believe that the Holy Spirit is actually a dove or any other kind of bird...just that the symbol used to represent the Holy Spirit is a dove. This video shows what appears to be a dove of light. It could also be a human soul in the form of a dove...or it may be an angel in the form of a dove. Spiritual beings, including the human soul, can appear to people in various forms. Holy Spirit Dove

The Dove appears at the 4:16 location.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Or in this case..........

A holy bug lol

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
After careful review of the video, I say it is a dove or a bird.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It is much to large to be a bug. It is a bird of some kind and could just as well be a dove as any other kind. Maybe it is the soul of a very holy person who died and that is why it appears as a beautifully radiant dove. Each holy soul is a reflection of the Holy Spirit, and so may appear in the form that usually signifies the Holy Spirit. What a beautiful thing to behold.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't know... I can't see it as anything but a little ball of yellow light with wings.

...it reminds me of Tatl, the fairy from The Legend of Zelda--Majora's Mask.

Hee.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xhorrorgasmx
I don't know... I can't see it as anything but a little ball of yellow light with wings.

...it reminds me of Tatl, the fairy from The Legend of Zelda--Majora's Mask.

Hee.

Often, when people see a form only fleetingly, their conclusion about what they have seen is determined by what they are most familiar with. To me it is clearly a bird shape that flies upward. The wings are clearly the shape of the wings on birds. They are long and tapered. To me, this is unquestionabley a spiritual dove/bird form that appears in the video.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
that looks like its shining. it also appears seemingly from nowhere.

when it flies about the camera, watch it in slow motion, and compare its brightness to the other people and things in the same area as the dove.

clearly that cant be a simple sun reflection or else the sun would be reflecting off of the people / getting in their eyes,

thats crazy looking. wow.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
why does it have to be the holy ghost? why can't it be nike in the form of a dove?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
that looks like its shining. it also appears seemingly from nowhere.

when it flies about the camera, watch it in slow motion, and compare its brightness to the other people and things in the same area as the dove.

clearly that cant be a simple sun reflection or else the sun would be reflecting off of the people / getting in their eyes,

thats crazy looking. wow.

God works in mysterious ways. He sends us signs and messages in different ways than people expect. Those who are watchful and alert know when God is sending us a "message."

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
why does it have to be the holy ghost? why can't it be nike in the form of a dove?

Doves are almost exclusively recognized as a symbol of the Holy Ghost rather than any other, in the same way that the crucifix is almost synonymous with Jesus Christ. If we see an apparition of a crucifix of light we don't think of anyone other than the Lord Jesus Christ. So, an apparition of a dove is normally accepted as the presence of the Holy Ghost.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

Doves are almost exclusively recognized as a symbol of the Holy Ghost rather than any other,

it's also attributed to various fertility goddesses in the area.

in the same way that the crucifix is almost synonymous with Jesus Christ.

i'd say it's synonymous with torture.

If we see an apparition of a crucifix of light we don't think of anyone other than the Lord Jesus Christ. So, an apparition of a dove is normally accepted as the presence of the Holy Ghost.

all i see is light that looks like it could possibly have wings
it isn't necessarily a dove. that means it could be nike, winged victory.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Doves are almost exclusively recognized as a symbol of the Holy Ghost rather than any other,

it's also attributed to various fertility goddesses in the area.

I think if we asked a sampling of most people in the area, what they think a dove represents, most would say that it represents the Holy Ghost or peace, but very few would even think of fertility "goddesses."

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think it's an awesome video skyway, thank you for sharing that.

It's interesting to note that many cultures regard the bird as a messenger who can traverse both sides of the veil.

The eagle takes in all it surveys and reports to the Creator.

It definitely presents a beautiful glimpse into the mysterious.

Bird clan, Owl
Eagle flew into the lodge.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
I think it's an awesome video skyway, thank you for sharing that.

It's interesting to note that many cultures regard the bird as a messenger who can traverse both sides of the veil.

The eagle takes in all it surveys and reports to the Creator.

It definitely presents a beautiful glimpse into the mysterious.

Bird clan, Owl
Eagle flew into the lodge.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video as much as I did. It really is a beautiful looking apparition, even in the blurry movement. I only wish it were more in focus and clearly visible. I'll bet it would be the most beautiful bird form anyone ever saw. Truly, a heavenly being with heavenly beauty.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Looks like a bug or small bird flying in front of the camera reflecting light. No miracle here.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Looks like a bug or small bird flying in front of the camera reflecting light. No miracle here.

I've seen plenty of bugs and birds on video, and I've never seen any that shine with their own light like this bird-like apparition on the video. Even lightning bugs don't shine so brightly. This bird looks like it's made of sunlight.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I think if we asked a sampling of most people in the area, what they think a dove represents, most would say that it represents the Holy Ghost or peace, but very few would even think of fertility "goddesses."

so we're going to determine what it is by democratic vote now?

i'm going to go with mnmcandiez, it doesn't look miraculous

it actually looks more like someone reflected a laser pointer or some other source of focused light off of a watch into the lense which would account for the distortions in the anomaly.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

it actually looks more like someone reflected a laser pointer or some other source of focused light off of a watch into the lense which would account for the distortions in the anomaly.

LOL! If that is what you prefer to believe then that's your choice. It is quite amazing what people will tell themselves to keep the truth away. A laser pointer huh? LOL!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

LOL! If that is what you prefer to believe then that's your choice. It is quite amazing what people will tell themselves to keep the truth away. A laser pointer huh? LOL!

The truth? For all I know that the video was edited. Don't let your beliefs shroud logical reasoning.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I've watched the video...VERY impressive!

When the footage was slowed down, I didn't see a bug! I saw 'something' else. Too translucent to be a bug.

Also, Bugs flap their wings at an incredible speed.

That 'something' was, is IMO, - energy/light.

However, I saw a slow flapping motion that would indicate 'avian (bird-like) movement.

Nice post Skyway!

Also! If there was a 'lasar light' involved...can someone explain to me WHERE the light was bouncing off from in order to create an image?

[edit on 8-4-2007 by TheDuckster]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join