It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US said to call up 12,000 Guard soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

US said to call up 12,000 Guard soldiers

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The Pentagon will call up 12,000 National Guard soldiers for service in Iraq to fill gaps in the overworked army, a news report said Thursday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Lets see 4th ID, 1st AD, and a Brigade from 3rd ID. Thats over 40,000 troops, plus 12,000 national guard. On top of that most of the units in Iraq arn't leaving and will have to stay for a few additional months. There's already close to 150,000 troops there. I would understand if this was part of a normal rotation but most of the units are staying past a year and those deploying are leaving with less than year back home. So what is going on?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/4/07 by MikeboydUS]

[edit on 6/4/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The National Guard is suppose to protect the homefront here at home. If there not here who does it?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
The National Guard is suppose to protect the homefront here at home. If there not here who does it?

Law Enforcement and if your State has a large enough budget a State Guard like the Texas State Guard.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Yes, that's got me thinking. Now for arguments sake, something happens like a natural disaster or a large outbreak of something like Bird Flu etc there is no one to protect the country. Is that when a draft comes in?

Or worse I'm thinking is when the impending financial disaster approaches and people start getting a little peeved off and Martial law has to be declared - okay I'm getting a bit carried away but you know what I mean. I have a bad feeling about most of the military being out of the country - would be a perfect time to 'attack'. Companies that provide private contractors aka mercenaries would make a killing (pun intended).

More green card soldiers and poverty drafts.

top topics

join