It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida housing sex offenders under bridge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
While we welcome stronger laws against convicted sex offenders, this laws in some states like Florida can back fire in the communities.

Five men -- all registered sex offenders convicted of abusing children -- live along the causeway because there is a housing shortage for Miami's least welcome residents.

Because the strongest laws against sex offenders in this part of the nation, the state is housing them under bridges.

I don’t have sympathy toward sex offenders, but . . . itsn’t this a something of a problem? to our society? what can we do with this people.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Isn't there some kinda boat available? I heard there are some Haitians who recently put one up for sale.....

....load them up and let them set sail for pedophile island....

If not they should be jailed like the TB guy in Phoenix, for the public's safety......

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I’m trying to feel sorry for them I really am, but you sexually hurt a kid…

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have to agree here.

I simply cannot feel sorry for them at all.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't feel sorry that they have been convicted and more often than not they will do the offense again.

But putting them under bridges . . . I find that completely unacceptable, it doesn't look good to have this homeless people polluting our highways.

This is going to become a big problem specially when the state is sponsoring this.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
As bad as it sounds I feel as though no fate can be horrible enough for people like this.
If living under a bridge is the fate of someone who destroyed the life of a child, who will live with the consequences what happened to them for the rest of their life, so be it.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why they don't keep them in jail? many of them feels that jails is better than living in the streets.

Then it comes the other issue, how can we deal with the sex offenders that their crime is not about molesting children, but a difference of few years and consensual sex made them being in the category of sex offenders.

They are also forced to deal with this problems.

Having this people homeless, with no hope is not going to improve their situation and neither our society when they are a sore eye to law abiding citizens and their families.

We know that is not reason to be sorry about a convicted child molester but we are having problems in our society when our criminal system have to improvise like this with convicted criminals.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I'm all for the Death Penalty. I'd have no problem flipping the switch myself on scum like that.

As a father of three, IMO, I believe that when people do something like that to children, they forfeit their right be a part of the human race.

Let the flaming begin.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The problem is that to many people have let there emotions cloud there
rationality on the issue and we therefore have this problem.

I have several problems with this.

1. While there are many who have raped and basically hurt children,
not all of them have, but our still classified as offenders because our
society is so closed minded that it can't accept concepts foreign to it,
by this I mean cases where-in say a 14 year old and a 27 year old
were in a relationship, now the 14 year old understands sex and all,
and they have consensual relationship, now the nosy conservative lady
who lives next door finds out and calls the cops claiming child-rape.

2. Those who have committed actual crimes are capable of being
rehabilitated, and therefore should not be considered horrible.

3. No matter what someone does, they deserve the basics of life, by
doing what has happened in Florida it shows how truly inhuman people
have actually become.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There the most disgusting people there can be, not worth being used as door mat, give them a one room living space in a secure enclosure and make them do jobs normal people wouldnt like cleaning sewers etc.. give them 3 square meals a day.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
The problem is that to many people have let there emotions cloud there
rationality on the issue and we therefore have this problem.

I agree, this people be convicted felons are back into society with a tag that will be with them for the rest of their lives. . .

Many that their crime is not related to child molestation but due to age and the laws find themselves into that category can not comeback to society and get a life.

One of the reasons our criminal system is so full of problems is because they have not time or funds to invest in the lives of convicted criminals.

How can we bring this people into a society when nobody cares to find out the reals criminals that will fall into the same crime and those that fell into the system are now convicted felons but not criminals. . .

What good is going to make having them living under a bridge . . . what hope is there for them.

The ones that are criminals will commit the offense again, but how about the rest?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Marg

Just go ahead a buy the house next door to you, and let them stay there till they get on their feet. It will require the whole neighborhood to agree with you though. But I am sure you could persuade them.

If not in jail, then under a bridge, or anyplace away from children sounds just fine with me.

Like Jackatmtn suggested, a pedophile island sounds great.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Marg

Just go ahead a buy the house next door to you, and let them stay there till they get on their feet.

You missed the entired point I am trying to make, pity.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Isn't there some kinda boat available? I heard there are some Haitians who recently put one up for sale.....

....load them up and let them set sail for pedophile island....

If not they should be jailed like the TB guy in Phoenix, for the public's safety......

I actually agree completely..

make an island designated for sex criminals.. they wont be able to hurt any one then, minimal guards would have to be used, no maintaining the island, they can maintain it them selves..

Hell, most European countries did this early on... where do you think Australia came from!

I don't care if they live under bridges. Let em rot there, they should build shacks by the land fills to put them in as well..

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The convicted sex offenders already paid their dues to society, from this 5 men in the story, we can deduce that they are all littler children child molesters as you wish.

But . . . the issue here is the lack of government funded facility to house this people that can not be integrated into society due to the strong laws regarding this people.

In the state of GA were I live, its houses set already for this people to live and jobs are offered so they can gradually start to get back into society.

Is a shame for the state of Florida to have not such programs.

Even if they are convicted criminals and convicted of child molestation, they are free now and is no doing any good to the community having them living under bridges.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sorry but why waste money on child molesters, personally i think they should be lined up and shot, i don't know how much a bullet costs in the USA but its got to be cheaper than spending a good few million dollars.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by u4ria
Sorry but why waste money on child molesters, personally i think they should be lined up and shot,

Yes perhaps, but we have right activist groups and religious groups that do not want the death penalty in our nation. . .and they are fighting everyday. . .

So until we can send them to the moon . . . I mean the convicted felons . . . the are in our and within communities once the pay their dues . . . they are part of our society we like it or not.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
pediphiles under the bridges reminds me of the old kids tale of the troll bridge. you know the one where the troll lives under the bridge and eats childen as they try to cross.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think living under a bridge is too good for them. There has to be a worse place we can put these people. These deviant criminals are apparently everywhere. That show to Catch a Predator has found over 200 of them in just a sort period of time. And some of them have been caught multiple times. Amazing and disturbing. Any society has to protect itself from sexual predators. They are ruining lives, families and communities.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by zerotime]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well at least people aren't allowed to feed them....

Seriously though, the laws governing sex offenders are sorely lacking. Not to mention hypocritical in a society that markets thongs in size 6x. On the one hand sex with underage teenagers, or at least what look like underage teenagers, is published daily to mass marketing appeal. On the other hand, everybody pretends it's not a gross demonstration of male cowardice and irresponsibility.

The laws need to be reinforced and children protected. What happens to the kid who decides to go fishing under the causeway.

It's absurd from the wealthiest nation in the world. Absurd and grotesque.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join