It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chertoff: 'Britons Could Attack Us'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

'Britons Could Attack Us'
Updated: 11:38, Friday April 06, 2007

The man charged with protecting Americans from terrorist attack has told Sky News he is worried radicalised Britons could try to mount an assault on his country.

Michael Chertoff, the Head of Homeland Security, said the US needed further protection from so-called "clean skins" in Britain or Europe.

That is the name given by the intelligence community to those people who feel alienated but have not come to the attention of the authorities.

Mr Chertoff confirmed America had foiled some terrorist attacks but warned his countrymen not to become complacent.

The interview on Sky News came on the eve of the politician's first meeting with Home Secretary John Reid.

Mr Chertoff spoke to presenter Anna Botting about the threat of terrorism, the foreign policy of the West and the contentious Passenger Name Records system.

He said the US was "not hysterical but not complacent" about the terror threat and claimed the enemy was "focused".

The anti-terror chief also defended plans to check all 10 fingerprints of visitors to the US.

He said it was the "best tool" against terrorism and denied it was next step to taking DNA from passengers.

news.sky.com...

mod edit to use "ex" tags instead of "quote" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Chertoff is evil, and he looks like the psychotic brother of John Waters which just adds a zany aesthetic to the darkness.

This guy really does want to bring the British Police State to America.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by AwakeAndAllSeeing]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I personally think that there is some merit in what this guy has to say. There are many disillusioned young asian males in certain areas in the UK; obviously any that do not have a police record, or are linked to someone known to the police, will easily slip through security checks.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Meanwhile, there are 11 million illegal immigrants running around the country... and more are crossing the border everyday ...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Maybe they will attack tomorrow (7/4/7)
with airplanes.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Perhaps trying to find common ground with all people and discovering the reasons for them to wish to attack would be a more effective strategy than trying to fight a never ending war against everyone, a position that can only end with the entire world divided into "US" and "THEM" where the smallest possible group, only those with identical ideologies and perspectives consist "US"

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So, by my understanding...

A Saudi, and a group of saudi's attacked us from Afghanistan.
And we hit afghanistan.
Then Iraq.

Now, we have muslims from the UK about to hit us,
........dear god i better tell my mate to get outta london!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So let me get this straight.

Our biggest supporter and ally is going to let people from their counrty attack an ally even though these people are a threat to them as well.

Dang some people will say anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
We'd better "liberate" the bejeezus out of the UK then, before it's too late.

We'll fight them there so we don't have to fight them here

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Are you saying we attack them. This would be a mistake it would ruin us and them neither one of us would be able to defend ourselves from losing over seas territory if it were attacked. We cant afford another war and why turn your back on an ally?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wow, now anyone with a british accent could be suspect?

What is this, a government of paranoid schitzophrenics?

Holly Jeeeees. Incredible.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

We'll fight them there so we don't have to fight them here
Well, of course!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
All I can say is its a good thing some people aernt in charge.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
For heavens sake! We let you have your bloody independence (which you wouldn't have without the help of those tiresome Frenchies) and this is the thanks we get?

Perhaps it's time, given the dire situation and successive oiks in the White House, to take back that former colony, install the Queen as head of state (cue strains of Rule Bitannia) and re-introduce proper beer, proper spelling, bacon- egg and chips (with baked beans)... the list is endless.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hey dont get mad at me im on your side dude. Except that your ancestors stole my land.

To the point. Like I said earlier I dont think Briton would allow it because it means they are a threat to them considering we share alot of the same Ideology.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well dang, I was planning on visiting America soon and being welcomed as a Briton. I guess it's true though, home grown terrorism is a problem in Britain. And they say that cultural and religious diversity is a good thing

So in a few years when terrorists start basing themselves in America, what are you going to do then? Round up anyone that might be considered a threat?

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Wow, now anyone with a british accent could be suspect?

Yesssssssss..... Hugh Grant is Al Qaeda... ARREST HIM! SCHNELL! Send in ze Gestapo/Homeland Security!

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19 Kilo
Are you saying we attack them. This would be a mistake it would ruin us and them neither one of us would be able to defend ourselves from losing over seas territory if it were attacked. We cant afford another war and why turn your back on an ally?

This was what's commonly referred to as a "joke"

Originally posted by malganis
So in a few years when terrorists start basing themselves in America, what are you going to do then?

Obviously, the only logical solution at that point will be for us to bomb our own cities flat, to 1) kill any terrorists hiding there and 2) deprive the terrorists of any remaining targets to blow up.

new topics

top topics

join