It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why eggs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
why do christains cellibrate easter with chocolate eggs?
what religous values do eggs hold?

sorry i always wanted to know

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm a christian and I think I'm one in a very few who don't celebrate Easter with eggs and bunnys. I don't believe in celebrating that way.

I'd rather focus on what Easter is really about. Not the Easter Bunny who dosen't exist hiding eggs.

To me when you lie like this how can a child believe in God. He will assume your lying about that too.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i dont know about that man.....i cant tell why are all the eggs and bunnies....but still cool[: and beautifull day

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
However, I have been told by other Christains who don't like my beliefs, that the egg represents God the Shell, Jesus the Yoke, and the Holy Spirit the white. I think that's how they told me anyways. I didn't pay much attention to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
To me when you lie like this how can a child believe in God. He will assume your lying about that too.

What do you tell your kids when they ask you about a god? Do you know that your telling them the truth or are you lying about that too?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If you don't believe in God thats your problem. That's not what he asked. That's not what this thread is about.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have wondered about that myself.

I am a pagan, so when I celebrate Eostra with eggs and bunnies, it makes sense. It's all about Spring, new life, fertility, rebirth, the continuing cycle of life.

The wheel keeps turning.

wwn

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i think the real question we should be asking ourselves is: why peeps?

they don't even have anything to do with bunnies and eggs!

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
the thing is when christianity came to places like britain with the romans the pagans added there own beliefs into christianity like santa claus is actually a pagan saint the same goes for the easter bunny and eggs i think

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The egg is a symbol of rebirth.

The egg is born, then later it hatches. Like being born again as a Christian through Christ.

But the use of eggs a symbol of rebirth did predate the Christian era as a pagan symbol of the rebirth of nature and life in spring after the long cold winter.

[edit on 4/6/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It was some old pagan fertility ritual that they kept even when they converted to Christianity.

Same with Christmas, the tree is from Yule or something. Basically when the Christians tried to convert the pagans of Germany, the Germans refused, so they said "Fine, you can still celebrate Yule, just make it about Jesus." and thats where the Christmas tree comes from.

I assume a similar story would explain Easter Eggs and the Easter Bunny.

Yeah seriously Christians are probably the least...erm..."traditional" of all Abrahamic religions. They break so many rules, like you'd never EVER find any pagan references in Islam or Judaism, but Christians don't seem to care. Well except Jehovah's Witnesses; the whole reason they don't celebrate Christmas or Easter is because they're pagan.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
where does all so-called sentient life come from, in this present world?

EGGS.

R egg erection
regerection
regeneration/resurrection

passover is to remember God but easter is to remember Christ which is God incarnate - i don't say that with the usual fundamental ideology; God is LOVE and Christ is TRUTH, both of which are light (perhaps God is particle and Christ is waveform?). All the solstice/equinox holidays are from the same root and that is common to all men (the harvest and seed seasons) and God gave the rainbow to all souls as a covenant....so regardless of the 'flavor' of archetypal representation (the archons/avatars) it's ALL THE SAME true and beautiful story...

love and sacrifice which transforms death back into life

and it WILL, trust me, it DOES!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The practice of Christianity imposing its own distinctive veneer on time honoured dates and festivals in the Pagan calendar shows exactly the contempt that the church has for these enduring and important dates which may go back well before the dawn of Christianity.
Christians please note that Easter is first full moon after the vernal equinox and thus wholly Pagan in origin. Rabbits feature prominently due to their notable breeding capability and eggs are symbolic for the dawning of new life.
Unremarkably along comes Christianity with all its arrogant glory and self rightous leaders who see fit to impinge on these dates in the pagan year & that includes Yule too!
Thankfully the origins of the Pagan fertility rites of easter are still unscathed and continue as I'm sure they will for many centuries to come.
Your Christian pariah has not fully eradicated the Pagan traditions at this time of year and I suspect never will.
Happy Easter everyone.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Obviously noone has seen the latest episode of South Park. It's obviously because there is a secret society that protects the secret of Easter, that being that the real pope is a bunny rabbit.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
...or a playboy Bunny?

Hugh Hefner the 'man upstairs?'

Anna Nicole Smith would make a gorgeous Easter Bunny! I bet she was Marilyn Monroe in another life...BEAUTY never dies!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Origin of the Easter Egg

Easter Eggs

In Medieval Europe, eggs were forbidden during Lent. Eggs laid during that time were often boiled or otherwise preserved. Eggs were thus a mainstay of Easter meals, and a prized Easter gift for children and servants.

In addition, eggs have been viewed as symbols of new life and fertility through the ages. It is believed that for this reason many ancient cultures, including the Ancient Egyptians, Persians, and Romans, used eggs during their spring festivals.
The Easter Bunny

Hares and rabbits have long been symbols of fertility. The inclusion of the hare into Easter customs appears to have originated in Germany, where tales were told of an "Easter hare" who laid eggs for children to find.

Good question. I've always wondered about that myself.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I consider myself to be a very spiritual person and I say it's all crap! The Easter bunny, Santa Claus etc.

Just a way to materialize and merchandize another holiday. If there is a way to make money off of something they will pimp the hell out of it. That is what Santa and the bunny is really for.

You're not going to make money off of the Easter Turtle.

It would make more sense if there was an Easter Chicken. The Eggs and all!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_the_byron
Obviously noone has seen the latest episode of South Park. It's obviously because there is a secret society that protects the secret of Easter, that being that the real pope is a bunny rabbit.

that was a funny episode

thanks for the answer to the rest of the guys
wanted to know after we took in over 4k in a day on egg sales

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Cause chocolate is what Jebus poops......

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Cause lent is over and it's time to eat some chocolate again.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Decorating eggs is fun for kids, and so is finding them. I enjoyed it atleast. And chocolate just tastes good

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join