It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will we have a DOMINANT champ in Boxing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Growing up on Rocky movies and watching old clips of Rocky Marcino I just began to wonder, when will we have a Dominant name in boxing? I miss tyson,lewis,holyfield,ali,forman and the rest! Saddens me to see this beloved sport going down the dumps. mixed martial arts is killing it off slowly but surely in my eyes. I cant wait to see someone step it uopo a knotch and make it exciting again! Do you guys have any ideas on who is the next Heavyweight star?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
There really hasn't been a real boxer worth watching in years. The last guy who was really dominant was Tyson. Then he selfdestructed so bad that his image was totally destroyed. Holyfield was the real deal, but he just lacked a real spark to energize the sport. The real killer is the pay perview $$ bonanza that allowes only the rich to watch. I remember see some great fights on regular tv as a kid. You want interest you have to let people see them. We really need to have a "Rocky" type boxer to energize the sport. I'm not saying a white boxer, the color won't matter. We need a guy worth screaming for, for the sport to not die.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't even know who the current Heavy Weight Champ is. I haven't really watched boxing in the last 5-8 years with any interest. I hated Mike Tyson, but he is the last decent Heavy Weight Champ that I can remember.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
There really hasn't been a real boxer worth watching in years.

Au contraire mon frere, Manny Pacqiao is going to be the next legend. He's from the Phillipines. He destroyed Morales twice. He destroyed Berrera. He's destroyed everybody put in front of him. He's got personality, heart, and a killer instinct not seen since Tyson's early years. When he's got you hurt he goes in for the kill everytime. He's a boxing fan's dream. I made a thread about him last year but nobody gave a rat's hole.

He's worth pay-per-view everytime.

Peace

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Dr Love]

join