It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamabad faces suicide bomb call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Islamabad faces suicide bomb call

news.bbc.co.uk

The head of a radical mosque in the Pakistani capital, Islamabad, has threatened to use suicide bomb attacks against the government.
Maulana Abdul Aziz made his defiant call to thousands of followers during Friday prayers.

The government is facing calls to clamp down on the activites of students in two madrassas attached to the mosque.

If the government does take action, "our last resort will be suicide bombings", Mr Aziz declared.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
this is the problem, countries like pakistan and other muslim countries that allow extremists to operate religous schools to mold the minds of kids with hate and rubbish.

pakistan really need to get rid of these school
since almost all 7/7 bombers had visited pakistan

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've always wondered what it would take to turn what I see as the Moderate Majority Muslims against the relatively small but vocal group of Radical Fundamentalist Muslims. I'm thinking they start bombing Muslim schools, shopping areas, and other public venues the tacit support they have enjoyed from the "Arab Street" will quickly erode. I see this as quite different than the factional strife in Gaza, or the Sunni vs Shiite issue in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Excellently put MM. If suicide bombings start going off in Pakistan on a regular basis, this could cause popular support to evaporate.

Its a confusing issue really. I would like mainstream moderate Muslims to get more vocal and active against these extreme elements, but at the same time, I don't want to see innocent people getting fragged in order to trigger that showdown.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
me personaly i have always hated extremists and their views
based on their interpitations of islam which sickens me to the stomoch

on topic

the problem is extremists will always be more vocal and more loauder then any modderate.

the only solution i see is close all schools that are run by extremists like some goverments are doing.

we need to take away their fuel make sure they cant infect others with their hate

top topics

join