It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sign of a haunting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The reason I ask is because for the past year or so, we've been noticing strange things in our house. My brother has heard people calling his name in his room, i've heard someone signing. I hear whispering in my room at night, can hear people walking around....even when we are all in bed.

I am going to start keeping a diary to document the events.

But what should I do guys?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What you should do depends on what outcome you are looking for. If you want to try and make contact, do so. If you want your house cleaned of the ghost you could try a Wiccan ritual or a priests prayers. If you are looking to document the encounter you might try setting up cameras and microphones. Whichever way you want to go, keep us informed on whats happening. Sounds very interesting.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Questions
1. What era was the property built...Victorian..post war, 60's, recent or new build?
2. Do you occupy a semi detached/detached, a terraced house, an appartment, converted industrial building or any other e.g. flat.
3. Depending on the age of the property, do you have any information to submit to us on your homes history?
4. Have you kept a diary or log of the paranormal activity that you believe you are experiencing?
5. To the best of your knowledge would you know if a death happened in the house or any ouija experimentation has been performed at some time?
6. Should you have any more information to submit relevent to these events please submit them.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There is a lot you could do. If you're trying to make contact, do some EVP work, take pictures, video and stuff like that. It's also important to find out like anglosaxon said, to check out the history of the land. For example, if you lived on or near some place that had a battle, the battle might be reinacted, or what they call a residual haunting where the ghost or spirit isn't intelligeble. But, since something is calling names, it seems to be intelligent. Do like the others said, if you want to make contact try it, but probably not with a ouija board, and if you aren't sure, or don't want to believe it, look up the info about the property. You should try to debunk it at first, because it could be something simple, but if you can't explain it, then you could consider your house to have paranormal activity. It does sound like you have some activity; if my house had that going on, I'd probably set up a tape recorder to pick up stuff, say like when you're out of the house, let it run in rooms you've experienced this stuff happening, and if you and your family aren't there then you could conclude that it might be haunted.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well our homes are built on top of the old victorian barracks of Canterbury.

Its a semi-detached property, built during the 60s I believe.

Me and my friends have done a oujia board before...it went pretty crazy and started messing with our heads. This was about 3 years ago.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I wouldnt suggest using a oujia board to make contact, too many possible interferances such as a person pushing it to have some fun. Unless its hostile ghosts can make pretty nice room mates, keeps ya on your toes when you round a corner and BAM, there it is! They dont talk much, eat nothing and are good listners. I had a ghost in my house a few years back. I woke up to see him standing at the foot of my bed watching me sleep. I sat up, said "hi". I watched him stand there for a few minutes then laid back down and slept very soundly. I felt he was watching over me while I slept. I saw him on a couple other occasions just breifly. I havent seen him in at least 2 years though, maybe he found what he was looking for, I dont know. Just my experience. On the other hand my friend had one that ripped the sheets off his bed while he slept, that one I did a banishing ritual (yes im Wiccan) and pushed it from his house. Have you seen of felt and personality from you ghost? Calm feeling when looking at them, hair standing up on the back of your neck, any other feelings?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slade88green
Have you seen of felt and personality from you ghost? Calm feeling when looking at them, hair standing up on the back of your neck, any other feelings?

Well, a feeling of being watched, cold and just like waiting for something to happen. If you know what I mean. Sometimes I feel something laying or sitting on my bed with me, which is quite freaky.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I've experienced just about everything you have posted.

That -being watched and expecting something - YIKES! I remember that! I worked in a building that had that.

I honestly don't know if there is anything that can be done except to have the house blessed and aftewards you continue to 'bless' the place (prayers, etc).

I agree with the poster who said do not use a ouija board. That will make it worse.

I have found that paying attention to 'them' only makes 'them' notice you more and things worse. I never talk to them. I never look at things when 'they' move them. I try not to react when 'they' whisper or play music or move stuff ... Sometimes when I ignore 'them', they quiet down a bit.

That's all I can give ya' ... a quote from the Mothman movie -
'they notice that you notice'.

I live with the same stuff. I feel for ya. It's awful.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I miss having ghosts, I live in a house that was only built 19 years ago - I'd love a property with a ghost (a friendly one of course hehe) although I don't know what my boyfriend would say about that

I agree with ChrisJr03, try making some EVP and digital photographs see if you can pic up who it is, if anything.

How old is your brother? If he's young he could just be imagining it, also does he have a history of pulling pranks on you?

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a little update...

some nights, I've heard people walking up the stairs and talking in the living room when no one is there.

Last night, I had my head touched repeatedly in the night (I sleep alone) and yesterday, I was in the kitchen and felt something STRONGLY pull my belt. Again, no one was there.

It doesn't scare me, but it can be abit nervy at night when you feel someone sitting on your bed and no body is there :S

But the strangest thing is this. At night, I am always feeling watched, sometimes during the day too, and I can sense (dunno how) that something is standing. I can't explain. I just know its there.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Some REALLY weird stuff has been happening now,

I've been seeing things out the corner of my eye and the reflection in the mirror. I keep waking up at 3am. The noise of people talking down stairs have continued.

Objects have started to move, even seeing and hearing the movement.

Gonna setup a webcam at night to see if I can catch anything

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
In your original post you mentioned you were going to start a diary ... have you done that? Is there any pattern you can detect? Timing; area of house; person involved? Have you followed thru with any type of recorder? Do you have pets and are they affected?

Keep us posted.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I've seen it (or her)!!

I kept getting woken up last night, at one point I turned my head and saw a girl, with blonde hair standing there. She just disappeared within seconds.

Her head was clear as anything, but I think she was wearing a purple dress.

She didn't seem threatening, but I was still kinda scared.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Get a hold of a paranormal Investigators group in your area. It wont cost you a thing, and have them come in to do an investigation.
What city/state are you in.
There could be other factors of why you are seeing things.
Not everything is paranormal, just like, not everything is normal.
Your house could be admitting high levels of EMF (Electro magnetic Field). Some people are really sensitive to EMF, and it can cause them to feel sick, see things, get dizzy, and it can also cause the feeling of being watched.
My advice to you is to get ahold of a "ghost hunting" group near you.
If you tell me where you are, i can help with that, seeing as how I am a Paranormal Investigator and I am newtworked on Myspace with TONS of other groups through out the US.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm in the United Kingdom...not a state, a separate country to you.

We are doing a ouija board tonight

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
personally, i'd dumb the board idea...sure they work, but they also
work for "other things" too.. just find out what heppened there.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I highly insist you dont use the Ouija board!!!
They are extremely dangerous and can conjour something you really don't want. THEY ARE A PORTHOLE TO THE OTHER SIDE. These arn't designed for games, they are desgined for people with experience to use them. Some one who knows how to take care of an unwanted spirit.
Instead try a simple deck of playing cards. lay 20 of them out face down. Ask the enity a question, and run your hands over the cards. which ever card feels the warmest, is the answer. Black is no and Red is yes.
You can only ask yes or no questions though.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
*sighs*

I need a sceptical approach to something that happened to me at 4am

I was woken up by something grabbing my throat (which still hurts now), I could feel fingers and the arm itself...at first I thought it was my arm numb, but it wasn't. After removing whatever it is, it came back twice as hard when my arms were no where near my throat.and I could feel the fingers tightening its grip.

I am truly terrified to be in my own house, my mother is freaked out by it.

My dog wasn't in my room and I was alone. So, it was no one doing a sick joke (which they wouldn't). After it happened, my mother thought i was being silly but she said i was pure white. I refused to sleep without the light on until it was daylight.

I cannot express how truly scared I am...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

question, when you said you were going to use the ouija, and were told by two people here not to? did you use it? if you did then whatever attacked you may have come through that. s you ha said previously that all you sensed before was a little girl that was non threatening.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I see lots of things out of the corners of my eyes on a regular basis. My little "followers", for lack of a better term, are just a wisp of motion in the peripheral vision. I don't usually hear noises, but it's kind of strange to see these things, and not know what it could be.

infinite, as for the recent events, there are ways to banish whatever evil entity has taken up residence there. If you're Christian, all you have to do is to renounce him/her in the name of the Lord and Savior, and then state his name. Trust me when I say that it works. I've made it through some very difficult experiences, some I would constitute as possession attempts, with this method. Jesus was the one that told us how to do this, and I can personally attest to how well it works.

Thank God above for the little tools.I hope you're doing well right now. Many prayers for ya.

TheBorg

[Edited for spelling error.]

[edit on 5-3-2008 by TheBorg]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join