It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrate Nuke Site! Come on! Let's Celebrate!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Nuclear celebrations across the country are being planned for April 9 in Iran culminating in a human chain around the UDF facility!

Human chain or human shield?

Iran Prepares for Nuclear Celebrations

The conservative Iranian news agency Mehr reports that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is expected to deliver his gladdening nuclear message at Iran's annual nuclear celebrations at Natanz on April 9.

[edit on 2007/4/6 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
A national holiday, the celebration is set for today! Iran's President Ahmadinejad is set to tell the people the "good" news on their program which he has declared "National Nuclear Day!".

In addition to the human chain, schools across the country will ring the Nuclear bell, and to help get people to the site there will be no charge to ride on capital's subway!!!

Iran to reveal new nuclear achievements and 'turning point'

Natanz, Iran - Iran was on Monday set to disclose its latest nuclear achievements during a special ceremony at the Natanz atomic plant in central Iran as the country marks "National Nuclear Day."Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Atomic Energy Organization head Gholam-Reza Aqazadeh were to announce what Tehran has described as "good nuclear news" and a "turning point" in its nuclear work to date.

I can't wait to hear what Ahmadinejad has to say!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ahmakshdjashd is begging for his country to be hit. When we went to Iraq, there was a debate about WMD's and their programs and such. At least this time we wont need a smoking gun as Iran isnt trying to hide anything.They are flaunting it in the face of the world!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ahmakshdjashd is begging for his country to be hit. When we went to Iraq, there was a debate about WMD's and their programs and such. At least this time we wont need a smoking gun as Iran isnt trying to hide anything.They are flaunting it in the face of the world!!!!

There was no debate.
We were TOLD they had concrete evidence.. We didnt have a choice of what we beleived.. it wasnt a debate.

Secondly, they are flaunting their nuclear science, congrats many countries have this.

What they arent flaunting are nuclear weapons or the desire for them. Wasnt this the supposid reason for war?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How dare they want electricity! How DARE they. What dispikable kind of people could ever want to go and actually build a nuclear reactor for clean, quiet, and powerful electricity production!
How dare they care about their economy.
How dare they not use the last drops of oil in oil burning power plants!
lol.

Seriously people. If anyone dares to point the finger at Iran, it's time you look at your own country. If Iran makes you feel sick, yours will kill you from vomiting.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I saw this on the news this morning - national nuke day.

If Iran were more stable I'd be all for them wanting nuclear power. Burning the oil is destroying the planet and for them to want nuclear power is thinking ahead to when they won't have oil anymore (it WILL happen someday).

HOWEVER, they are not stable and the leader is a kook. We all know that it isn't nuclear power they want, but nuclear weapons. And considering how whacked the leadership is ... we have every right to be afraid of this.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

HOWEVER, they are not stable and the leader is a kook. We all know that it isn't nuclear power they want, but nuclear weapons. And considering how whacked the leadership is ... we have every right to be afraid of this.

And our leaders are stable? Israels government is stable? Russia and China have stable governments and leaders? Is the leader of Pakistan who took power through a military coup saner? LOL I beg to differ. They are no better or worse then ahmenijiad. As a matter of fact maybe ahminijiad might be slightly more educated then the majority of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Outside of the US, those other countries have been nuclear powers for sometime and have not used them yet, so yes by default, they have shown stability and responsibilty in not doing so. Iran has threatened to wipe another country off the map while sitting on massive oil reserves and wanting nuclear power, going underground and not fully disclosing all info to the IAEA. It doesnt take a genious to put 2 and 2 together here.

The above mentioned countriesd are already nuclear powers...cant do much to reverse it at this point, but we can stop other countries from joining the list.

Pax Americana

[edit on 10-4-2007 by princeofpeace]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Outside of the US, those other countries have been nuclear powers for sometime and have not used them yet, so yes by default, they have shown stability and responsibilty in not doing so.
The above mentioned countriesd are already nuclear powers...cant do much to reverse it at this point, but we can stop other countries from joining the list.

Just because they have it and haven't used it, doesn't mean that it won't be used. You also say that they've had them for a long time and that it can't be reversed. It can be reversed. They choose not to. South Africa reversed, and currently North Korea is being coaxed to reverse. You place enough sanctions,cut off aid and place embargoes on a small country like pakistan, India or Israel to get rid of its WMD's and they won't keep them for long. The countries I mentioned show nothing special as far as responsibility towards mankind that they should be thought of as special cases. Each one of them have problems and the possibility for unstable or extreme governments to come to power at any time.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
And our leaders are stable?

ha ha .. not entirely.

BUT .. America has had 'the bomb' for 50 years and has only dropped it twice - in order to end WWII.

Do you think Iran could hold on to a pile of nukes for 50 years and refrain from dropping them all over the place???

I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

BUT .. America has had 'the bomb' for 50 years and has only dropped it twice - in order to end WWII.

Yes, sometimes is good to believe the good intentions of testing a nuclear bomb in another country and its people. . .

But as long as it is for the good ole cause (said our government) is ok. . .

Good for Iran if they want to celebrate whatever they want, is their country and their right.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Do you think Iran could hold on to a pile of nukes for 50 years and refrain from dropping them all over the place???

I don't think so.

FF is that all?! Twice LOL Not a bad record huh? IMO twice too many times.
I dunno FF I can't say that anyone but the Iranians even know right now wether or not they even seek weaponization yet. The IAEA doesn't know. There are only countries like Israel that make these claims as though they know, but we know their record on accusations from past experience are usually inaccurate and mostly heresay.

The best thing anyone can do right now is to call for a ban and reversal of any weaponization of nukes in the Middle East, African and Asian continents. No country in this day and age should even be thinking of possessing WMD's for any reason. If war cannot be won through conventional means , then there is no reason to use a weapon like a nuke for any reason whatsoever. If there are no countries recieving preferential treatment in this arena , then any forceful choices made by an international governing body would ever be considered as being the wrong choice or unfair.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Twice LOL Not a bad record huh? IMO twice too many times.

It was necessary.

BTW - I visited Hiroshima while I was stationed in Japan. (I lived there for three years). It was very interesting. The site and the museum are amazing. I highly recommend a visit to anyone who may visit Japan. (stay at the Hotel Ana ... nice!)

the Iranians

Oh .. it's not the average Iranian on the street who I think are untrustworthy ... it's who they have in charge over there right now. If they didn't have the whacked Imams and their current leader, I'd be more than willing to be open to them having nuclear power ambitions because

1 - I'd be more likely to believe that they really wanted nuclear power and not nuclear weapons and

2 - Even oil rich nations will run out of oil someday and they will need an alternative fuel supply.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think if it were Switzerland going nuclear the world wouldnt be making as big a fuss about it. That in itself says everything.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I find it questionable that Iran will not accept another country to make nuclear power for them. It's like Russia saying, hey Iran, we don't want your oil... Were just going to go ahead and find our own.

Want to know something I find strange. If the US came out and claimed they wanted to take another country off the map and then even started reserching some crazy superweapon technology, even if it was for some clamied good cause the lefties would jump all over that. Heck Gorge Bush could be trying to save a cat out of a tree and I swear somebody here would claim he was trying to hang the poor thing.

Let's just all close our eyes for a second and think about what Iran is going to do. Let's let them go ahead and build the nuclear reactors, the powerful ones, ones that can produce nuclear grade materal... It's seems that's the only ones they will agree to build. Don't want to make one not capable of producing nuclear weapons? That's ok we will let them slid on this one, their all for peace, ya know. After a few years of that, they get board of make just power. Why make just power when you have reactors that can produce weapons grade materal? So here we go again and the lefties are going to let them slid again saying their not going to launch their nuker weapons, their only for defence.

That's as far as I am going with that but all you leftiest, take a second and look at other countries like you look at the US. Yeah just pretend you think their leaders are up to no good for a second.

Styki

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I find it questionable that Iran will not accept another country to make nuclear power for them. It's like Russia saying, hey Iran, we don't want your oil... Were just going to go ahead and find our own.

I don't think thats a good analogy. If you put it in these terms it would be a bit better. It would be like the USA buying crude oil from the Saudis and having them tell us that we must refine it through them and not be able to refine it ourselves when we have the resources and equipment to do it with on our own.

If they are perfectly capable of doing it themselves why should they want or need to go through a middleman? Thats just ridiculous. Their techs were able to build and develop the P2 centrifuges on their own, so there should be no need for outside help.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Why dos everyone believe that Ahmadinejad has the real power as president?

Seyyed Ali Chamenei is the one person who has the real power in Iran. What he says goes and that makes Ahmadinejad nothing more than his spokesman.

On June 4, 2006, Khamenei said that Iran would disrupt energy shipments from the Persian Gulf region should the country come under attack from the US, insisting that Tehran will not give up its right to produce nuclear fuel.

In February 2004 Parliament elections, the Council of Guardians, a council of twelve members, half of whom are appointed by Khamenei, disqualified thousands of candidates, including many of the reformist members of the parliament and all the candidates of the Islamic Iran Participation Front party from running. It did not allow 80 members of the 6th Iranian parliament (including the deputy speaker) to run in the election. The conservatives won about 70% of the seats.

So who has the say in Iran?

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ahkmadenajhad is not Kamenie's spokesman. In fact they differ on many things for one, Ahkmadenajhad is much more radical than even Kamenie is. In fact it is Kamenie who has had to keep Amadjenjihad in check. But to say he is just a spokesman is incorrect.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

In fact it is Kamenie who has had to keep Amadjenjihad in check.

You just said it yourself

Now tell me who has the real power in the background?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Khamenie was also the one that gave the religious fatwa about no nukes didn't he? People pick and choose what messages to believe or disbelieve I guess. They don't go around quoting how he passed that decree but they misquote constantly about how they will wipe Israel off the map even though this is a western saying and probably has no farsi translation for such a statement.

<<   2 >>

join