It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A video of the Apollo 11 reel 39 UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Some time ago I found a UFO in 4 pictures taken in sequence from photo reel 39. Pictures are from the Apollo 11 mission. I made a animation of to show you what I found. The object is too small to be the earth, and the orbiter is about 300,000 feet up in the air so it cant be that either. The UFO is moving to the left in the sky, and it seems that the cameraman is trying to follow it.

See the low resolution video here:
www.livevideo.com... 4098970BB8BA4AFCC4/apollo-11-ufo-in-photo-reel-39.aspx

See it in full resolution here as a GIF animation (7,5 MB download):
www.onview.tv...

Closeup of UFO:

Official NASA image codes are AS11-39-5741 to AS11-39-5744 and can be found here and serveral other places:
history.nasa.gov...

I know that I posted this one an earlier occation, but there, IMHO, was not any definitive answer of what it could be, I dont buy that it is the orbiter as it is too far away (300,000 feet) to be visible on a Hasselblad photograph from the surface of the moon. It is neither the earth or other planets as it is moving too fast across the horizon when you are considering the short time the astronauts stayed there and the amount of photos that they took I would guess that the 4 photos where taken in succession in about 1 minute or less.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by Acharya]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
First off, hooray for Swedish moon cameras!

Second, great find! Maybe it's swamp gas?
No, just kidding, but there may be a more reasonable explanation, like it being something attached to the lens.

Actually, the more I look at it, the spot seems to be at the same place on on the image all along. Can you superimpose the images over each other and see if they match up? In that case it's just some dirt, or whatever, stuck to the lens.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
the spot seems to be at the same place on on the image all along. Can you superimpose the images over each other and see if they match up? In that case it's just some dirt, or whatever, stuck to the lens.

It is definately not something that is stuck on the lens, as the superimposed image below shows. The UFO is marked by a green circle.

Link to image

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
maybe it's a stage-hand passing by with a flashlight?

Seriously, great find, very interesting catch--amazing it survived NASA's art dep't, considering it's found on successive photos.

Any linkage to astronaut transcripts btw?

[edit on 6-4-2007 by gottago]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
look like jpeg artifacting, IMHO.

The superimposed image, I see nothing conclusive apart from a white spot, too unclear to make out what it is. Oh, and the jpeg compression has really killed the superimposed image as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieNutter
look like jpeg artifacting, IMHO.

The superimposed image, I see nothing conclusive apart from a white spot, too unclear to make out what it is. Oh, and the jpeg compression has really killed the superimposed image as well.

I had a link to the original images in my first post, I suggest you have a look at them more closely instead of these low resolution ones. ATS does not allow me to post larger images than these directly into a page. Its all there, if your are willing to spend your time looking at the links
And it makes not sense this being a jpeg artifact on just these four consecutive images and not on any before or after.

[edit on 7-4-2007 by Acharya]

new topics

top topics

join