It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replacement for the Minuteman III?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I was just looking around the internet for information on the Minuteman III and it looks very advnaced. Decoys, chaff, etc. But I personally dont think it can stack up to the latest ICBMs like Topol-M.

I than started to search for any information on a future replacement for it, I was curious about its cabablilities as far as decoys, counter ABM, Chaff, shielding...

To my utter amazement, I found zero information. Just one website made some reference to "pentagons future ICBM force".

I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any infromation regarding the future of US ICBMs? Thanks,

BW23.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackWidow23
I was just looking around the internet for information on the Minuteman III and it looks very advnaced. Decoys, chaff, etc. But I personally dont think it can stack up to the latest ICBMs like Topol-M.,

BW23.

are you looking for something the same size or a different colour?

if so your local dealer should be able to help you.......

sorry couldn't resist.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I was looking for something in black, with a high horsepower engine. Some chaff and emp shielding, and definately a few decoys. Also I can pay extra to get it MIRVed.

Trust me, Ive got good credit

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Reliable Replacement Warhead.
I can-not say if the performance of the warhead or missile is better, though it remains, currently, the United States current 'upgrade' program.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I thought that was just a warhead...its a whole new missile?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The Minuteman III's are getting the guidance packages & I think the RV bus from the retiring MX's. I assume that would include any countermeasures/decoys.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The Russian's have Mobil ICBM's that I believe that are rather hard to pin down, and I don't think we have anything like that, and if it would be practical here. Where could you park these suckers without somebody hiking around, finds one, and blabs about it on there blog. Russian's have large areas in the west that doesn't have Internet access.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackWidow23
I thought that was just a warhead...its a whole new missile?

The warhead is half the deal, the Minuteman III will be upgraded (and it already is in some respects) with the warheads and guidance systems of the Peacekeeper as well as get new... well, almost everything...

The Peacekeeper was supposed to be it's replacement but the Whiz Kids at the Pentagon though better of it. As for how it measures up to Russian ICBM's well, lets put it this way, it can still get the job done. Where they go for mobile and maneuverable we go for the technology put into the missile. I'm not sure what will replace the Minuteman or when but given that the D-5 is still "new" it may be a while before an ICBM program is started at which point I think we'll get a one missile does all deal.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
We decommissioned our mobile fleet, and removed any plans for further procurement of a mobile-platform ICBM system, as part of our triad. Please keep in mind that the United States has always been the world's leader in first, nuclear capability, and second, reduction.

www.fas.org...

A good read for you.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A few Midgetman systems perhaps in use up in Alaska and the US North West would not have been bad. However given that the Soviet threat no longer existed as it had termination of the project was, in my opinion, a good move.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Minuteman IV

missilethreat.com...

new topics

top topics

join