It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SBC Yahoo DSL is the worst connection to the internet.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It is sad to have a better connection at home than at my office. I will be plugging away trying to produce and then I lose connection. Then I call tech support and they always want me to reboot my modem and router. Well I do this way before I call and make a report. It will take them two days to get to my office! SBC yahoo DSL is a criminal organization that doesn't have the tech support needed to function correctly. They cost my company money because of their issues they cost me commissions.

Anybody have any suggestions? No other service to get because of my location unless I go with wireless service. Does anybody have a wireless account with Sprint or anybody else? Is it working well for you?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I know firsthand. I switched from Roadrunner to SBC/ATT, etc. I had plety of problems , first with the actual connection in some remote location (that took two weeks for them to discover and fix), then the fact that routers tend to not work well with their modems. The router tries to change the local IP every so often or maybe it is a glitch. I went through that dozens of times and had to go through the whole 30 minute process of reconfiguring the modem and router.

It is a pain. I finally held the customer support rep hostage on the phone while I ranted for 5 minutes of how bad their service was. I actually made this poor woman hold her tongue while I went on and on about their crappy product. She tried to interrupt me and I tortured her by overtalking her and making her answer questions about why I should not just drop them.

Fortunately, I ran across some articles about this and figured out you have to set up your modem to run in bridge mode, which essentially lets the router do all the switching and thinking and makes the modem into a slave to the router and not the two competing for how to handle things. Unortunately, I don't have a link nor does ATT and SBC give any advice for 3rd party hardware or software. Likewise, Linksys (my router) will not give advice on how to properly make it work with an ATT modem, so their is no official literature on how to setup your hardware properly.

I would suggest googling "SBC router bridge mode" and print up how its done. It is a little complicated and must be followed exactly. I still had trouble following the procedures but by happenchance got it working without problems for 5 months now.

join