It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Idiot thought of putting Mayo on their fries...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Who does this crazy thing...

A friend of mine went of a tour of Europe and ended up in Amsterdamn. By the way if you go plan on a full body cavity search when you come back with their stamp on your passport. He went to a McDonalds over there and they put ketcup on their burgers and mayo packets for your fries. He said it was a weird feeling watching everyone around him dip their fries in mayo like it was a normal thing.

Who does this?? Did I miss something??

Personally I think it might be the fact that its legal to marry a 14 year old, and smoke pot while doing it.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well I have never been to amsterdam, but when I weant to visit Ne Found Land about 2 years ago, I saw a lot of people doing that as well, personaly I like it, though I rarely eat fries anymore, but it does taste pretty good.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
yea they get high in "coffe shops" and did i just heard they maryy at 14 years?talk about fetishes....
mayo?is this some form of tartar sauce or simetin?
mayo sauce is ok but just mayo...ugh

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I personally love mayo and fries. Only a little bit...mixed with ketchup. You really should give it a shot some time! Sounds gross....but when you think of all the chemicals and junk in fast food to begin with...a little mayo is the least of your gross factor worries

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
naa man i didnt mean that...i love mayo sauce on pizza and on friez but sauce
and yea love to mix it with ketchup!

[edit on 5/4/07 by Unisol]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Gimme a burger with them fries and I might eat it. Otherwise

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
My sister loves mayo with everything....EVERYTHING

Personally the sight of it makes me want to puke

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ranch dressing and fries..Ranch mixed with ketcup on fries but never mayo it just seem nasty.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Lol When I first heard they did that in the Netherlands I thought "And Americans are the fat ones?!" I thought it was absurd.

Then I actually tried it myself and it tastes pretty good. XD Actually whats nice is mixing ketchup and mayonnaise together and dipping the fries in that.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've been to Amsterdam many times, and they've converted me! I love mayo on fries, I never use ketchup anymore on them.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Anytime my girlfriend and I head to McDonald's, we always grab some Mayo packets for our fries.

It's delicious!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
in utah, we have something called "fry sauce" which is just ketchup and mayo mixed together (although some places have different mixtures and ingrediantes also, its almost always that, although I know of one place that is just mayo and BBQ sauce and it is EXCELLENT) . if you go to pretty much any fast food restraunt or even any restraunt that serves frys and ask for fry sauce they will know what you are asking for and get you it.

its actually quite good.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Who does this crazy thing...
Who does this?? Did I miss something??

I do!!

I put mayo on everything....

love it...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That a lot of things are good when mixed with ketchup.

But straight mayo on fries....

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Mayo on fries = happy me.

TheRanchMan

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
...He said it was a weird feeling watching everyone around him dip their fries in mayo like it was a normal thing.

Possibly it IS the normal thing? You see, French fries were popularized throughout Europe by the french expansion. Likewise, Mayonnaise was also distributed everywhere by the French in the 18th century. The American-style Ketchup however only came to Europe after the 2nd world war. Conclusion: YOU eat it the wrong way around, not the Europeans

Nevertheless, there are a lot of other meals that combine potatoes with eggs and/or dairy products - potato salad, pies, quiches and so on. The two just go hand in hand. But you would be hard pressed to find a good amount of meals that combine Potatoes with tomatoes.

[edit on 14/4/2007 by Lonestar24]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Mayonnaise is a thick sauce made primarily from vegetable oil and egg yolks.[1] Generally whitish-yellow in color, it is a stable emulsion formed from the oil and yolks and is generally flavored with salt, pepper, vinegar and/or lemon juice, and frequently mustard. Mayonnaise is one of the basic mother sauces of classic French cooking; numerous other sauces can be created from it by adding additional seasonings (see below).

en.wikipedia.org...

Most americans are use to this stuff called mirical whip.. its not real mayo.
I've worked as a cook, and know my way around a kitchen, and Ill tell you, really good things can come out of mixing things up with some mayo
It sounds gross sure, when the america stimga of mayo is refered to something else which grosses out most men.. get what Im sayin??
Ive had mayo on fries, made tarter sauce for fish, Conch sauce for onion rings! man the list goes on and on...

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Personally, I find ketchup to be pretty disgusting. Who ever decided that putting mashed tomatoes on fries to be a good thing?

Mayo suits fries perfectly, its flavor suits fries well, and it doesnt get everywhere like tomato sauce does.

I personally don't understand what the American fetish of tomato sauce is.

All breeds I suppose.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There is a stigma in American culture (because we are all so mature) that we don't eat thing that look like gross stuff. A lot of people won't eat mayonnaise because it looks like semen, a lot of people won't eat ketchup because it looks like blood, and a lot of people don't eat chocolate because it looks like poo. I honestly don't care what it looks like, as long as it tastes good and won't get me sick.

And its not poo.

TheRanchMan.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
While I'm an opponent of mayo on a hotdog, mayo on fries is excellent!! Mayo mixed with a little horseradish is even better.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join