It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunguska Article, Good Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The explosion felled some 60 million trees across an area of 2000 square kilometers. Yet some trees near the blast center were not burnt and a ring of burnt trees circling the epicenter was left standing. The thunderous sounds were accompanied by a shock wave that knocked people off their feet and broke windows hundreds of kilometers away.

The explosion registered on seismic stations across Europe and Asia, and as far away as Britain meteorologists registered fluctuations in atmospheric pressure. The resulting pulse of air pressure circled the Earth twice, and astronomers observed for several nights afterwards a glowing red haze in the upper atmosphere, though they were not aware of the cause at the time. Curiously, reports of an unusually bright night sky began the night before the Tunguska event and continued for several days afterwards.

--thunderbolts.info...

This is a heck of an article. They discuss the Tunguska explosion and the evidence for and against the meteorite theory. What do people think? I happen to think that it was probably a meteorite; we haven't seen any proof that it was anything else. But some of the stuff makes me think.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think this subject comes up every so often on here, and I don't see any new theories in that link, but it is one that intrigues me, so Ill bite on this one.

I like the mini-black hole theory, but there was another event that happened in more recent times (perhaps the 70's or 80's) that has more evidence to back up the black-hole theory - I think they were able to take measurements in the form of seismic data from both sides of the earth (the entry and exit events) which supported this theory.

There is also this (EXTERNAL LINK) theory, which I think has come up on ATS before, which I suppose is also a possibility.. if only someone could find and verify one of those "bunkers" !

I doubt we can ever be sure what caused the event unless the site is re-investigated thoroughly.. we can only hope.

There is also a forum dedicated to Tunguska here (EXTERNAL LINK), for anyone who wants to dig a bit deeper.

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Interesting read about the apparent mysterious monoliths scattered around Tunguska...

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What is interesting is that numerous tribes in the area reported outbreaks of what was later discovered to be smallpox. Whether this was completely unrelated to the event or not, we don't know.

But Tunguska still is one of the strangest events in modern natural history. provided it was natural..................

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The History Channel just ran a show on this, and I was actually surprised to see a UFO brought up with it, and it was not why I watched the show.

Laboratory recreations found a precise angle and altitude at which the rocky asteroid exploded above, which also left the trees in the middle standing, as well as the unique butterflyesque pattern of downed objects. Corresponding carbon levels to the date were also found in the peat of the swamps.

If there were smallpox outbreaks, I would imagine it to be stress and environmentally related to the completely changed environment and difficulties in finding food. Could you imagine a stressor more extreme than that?

In my opinion, no intelligent being did anything with this event.

[edit on 6-4-2007 by Platinumstorm]

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

If there were smallpox outbreaks, I would imagine it to be stress and environmentally related to the completely changed environment and difficulties in finding food. Could you imagine a stressor more extreme than that?

Stress causes small pox?

I should be covered from head to toe, and inside and out!

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Sorry, should have been more specific. Stress can reduce the immuno responses in our bodies. It isn't directly responsible, obviously, but can make individuals more susceptible to diseases.

Thanks for the sarcasm on that =P

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
There is also this (EXTERNAL LINK) theory, which I think has come up on ATS before, which I suppose is also a possibility.. if only someone could find and verify one of those "bunkers" !

I remember reading about this a while ago. Its actually a very interesting theory. Very fantastic, yes... But still presented in such a logical manner.

But more then likely it was just a meteorite that exploded above the surface.

top topics

join